• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.169 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date

DeletedUser

The negotiation change will help me out. I don't disagree with the folks saying it could have been done differently, but I don't know how anyone could think that one option is no longer needed anywhere just because one NPC doesn't need it. It'd still be lit up for anyone else it wasn't offered to, right? What's the problem? Then again, because I actually like this change, perhaps I'm the odd one and my brain works differently.
Possibly. I know that when I see different remaining options on the same round, it disturbs my sense of order and logic. It is way less confusing to have all remaining options still shown for every available slot than it is to have potentially 5 different sets of available options on the second and third rounds. And I can certainly live with accidentally picking the same resource again for the same slot, as it only happens a couple times a year for me. The change just seems to "fix" a problem that wasn't really there, and created new ones that weren't there at all before.

DeletedUser

Folks will get used to it like everyone seems to have adjusted to the forum new color scheme.
Adjusted? No. Still hate it. Still can't tell the difference on the alerts tab between the ones I've already seen and the ones I haven't. And don't get me started on the things that work differently (from a mod's standpoint), and not in a good way. About the only good result with the newer Forum is that I can now start conversations with players where I couldn't before. At least most players. Apparently if a player keeps their profile info hidden, it also affects the ability to start a conversation with them.

DeletedUser37581

The negotiation change will help me out. I don't disagree with the folks saying it could have been done differently, but I don't know how anyone could think that one option is no longer needed anywhere just because one NPC doesn't need it. It'd still be lit up for anyone else it wasn't offered to, right? What's the problem? Then again, because I actually like this change, perhaps I'm the odd one and my brain works differently.
Brains do work differently. For example, some people excel at spacial orientation, some at pattern recognition. My brain wants to see all of the available options at once so I can plan how to map those options over the available slots. Because not all options are displayed, I have to train my mind that what it sees is a "lie".

RazorbackPirate

With the negotiation change, I don't think anyone is really qualified to comment on it for 6 weeks. People hate change and will rebel against change, simply because it's change. With something like negotiations where we've each fallen into a rhythm using our own particular method of negotiating, a change like this is even more difficult.

Brain synapses have become hard wired for the old method, both cognitively and kinesthetically. It will take about 6 weeks for the brain to rewire. Once it does, changing back would likely be as frustrating. Some people will have a more difficult time adapting, especially older players with less brain elasticity, and long time players with especially ingrained wiring. I also expect some older, long time players to never fully adapt. Old dog, new trick kinda thing.

My expectation is to be thoroughly annoyed at first, and in 4-6 weeks barely remember the system pre-change.

Vger

My expectation is to be thoroughly annoyed at first, and in 4-6 weeks barely remember the system pre-change.
OK, but what do I get in return for having to retrain my brain for 4-6 weeks? I get protected from making a silly mistake which I have already learned to avoid 99.99% of the time? A mistake that at worst costs me a few goods?
Seems like a high level of pain in exchange for very little gain to me.

DevaCat

Who are you calling old dog?? (Whipper snapper ) If you must, I'm an old cat. :p

I play on iPad so I got to see this a bit earlier? Barely noticed the change at first, still zipping along. Until I started to think about it, and it completely jammed me up for a few days. Very ugly. Eventually found some new rhythms that are beginning to work pretty well, so there's hope yet for these old brain cells. I'm not convinced the change was necessary, as the previous method seemed to work well enough, but it is what it is.

Now the forum color change? Still don't like it. Very little contrast between read/unread and pinned/unpinned. Had to use the device control to knock down brightness to tolerable. :(

qaccy

I think Inno knows what they're doing (for the most part) I don't think they've made any REALLY bad decisions for a while now.

I think you bring up a pretty good point. I guess the question here is: Why did Inno decide it was worth making this change to negotiations? They must have seen some data somewhere or otherwise heard something that indicated making this change would have a positive impact on the game, otherwise why would they have gone to the trouble of doing it?

DeletedUser29646

Wait until you see the new color scheme for the tech tree...
Yah i went on beta to see and I dont like it, the background should be darker color, and not blend in with the tech as much.
Also i tested the new negotiation changes first hand, was frustrating at first but got used to it over time so not as bad as I thought it be.

RazorbackPirate

I think you bring up a pretty good point. I guess the question here is: Why did Inno decide it was worth making this change to negotiations? They must have seen some data somewhere or otherwise heard something that indicated making this change would have a positive impact on the game, otherwise why would they have gone to the trouble of doing it?
From what I understand, the change was suggested in a proposal on beta. With the introduction of GBG and the exponential increase in negotiations due to it, they may have seen it was a growing issue and decided now was the right time to address it.

Be careful what you wish for?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Why? Because they were probably getting a lot of tickets from players who screwed up and didn't think they should have to live with the consequences. Seems to be a theme with a lot of the changes lately.