Hello Queens and Kings,
The update to 1.244 will take place on Wednesday, November 23rd 2022 There will be a short downtime during the update. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
For the detailed description of the changes, please see the list below:
- Guild Battlegrounds
- It was possible to gain Victory Points during the first minute after a Battleground started. We did not expect you to be this fast. We have removed the Victory Points from there.
- Starting a battle, waiting for the next Battleground to start and trying to continue it caused some issues. The battle will now be aborted in such cases. Whoever figured this out deserves some Medals!
- During battles, attacks by some units resulted in a tiny explosion. We replaced it with a proper, big BOOM! Never thought we'd be going for larger explosions instead of smaller ones but here goes...
- After trying to attack a player, that has not yet unlocked PvP or has an active City Shield, the aid/attack button would not appear again. Forge is not for the faint of heart, so we have forced the buttons to re-appear at all times.
- Newly unlocked buildings would not be marked with an "i" in the Construction menu, or the icon would blink too fast. We have restored the button to its normal state. Might've required two weeks in a SPA center. For the button, not for us.
- The underwater effect in the Space Age Jupiter Moon colony would transfer to another player's City if you visited it after viewing the colony. The citizens didn't enjoy being drowned (who would've thought?), so we stopped this from happening.
- In the Market, it was possible to enter a character that is not a number into the input field and create an offer with it. It, of course, led to an error, so back to the numbers we go.
- In the top bar, the area for the happiness tooltip partially covered the Goods button. That was too much happiness. That's a no-no.
Mobile Only Changes
This is the mobile section of the changelog. These are things that you won't see on the desktop version of the game and only concern the mobile interface or functionality. Keep in mind that the time the mobile update becomes available depends on the stores and can be some days after the release of the browser version. So don't be surprised if you don't see the update on your devices just yet.
- The Medals reward from contributing to other players Great Buildings did not display. You might not think they are too valuable, like the Gears in Rise of Cultures, but they are still important for many!
- In the Aztecs Settlement, the training view for the Minigame could cause an Internal Error. This bug was out there for a while, and now it's finally fixed!
- Moving a building by holding your tap on it could cause the wrong building menu to open. Thankfully you couldn't actually use it, but we still fixed it.
In the meantime, our developers make some final adjustments to the Winter Event, planned the next Event and some more additions to the game! If you would like to get yourself informed about our features in development, please visit our Beta servers, or check the Mobile Beta Test Program.
Your Forge of Empires Team