• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.36- Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

lemonwedgie

If the garrison slot is empty, then a trusted flag is not required.

Yep, I knew that, our trusted members will create a slot so that members can fill it.

My question is if a slot is not available - does a member need to be trusted to do a straight replacement? If so, that totally sucks. Currently we have very few trusted, this would mean majority of our guild would need trusted ... trusted then becomes kinda pointless ...

DeletedUser13270

REVERSE IT NOW !!!! GVG IS DEAD! SABOTAGE IS THE ONLY THING LEFT !.

Forcing trusted rights to everyone!
Giving non trusted people rights so that they can replenish wounded troops in a sector, is the most idiotic thing you guys have done yet. Fix the problem or go broke!

Liberty

If the garrison slot is empty, then a trusted flag is not required. (I'm guessing, and haven't tested it.)
If the garrison shot has units that need to be "deleted", then yes.

Worse than that. Now, you are unable to delete armies for untrusted members to fill. So basically, if you want any of the guild to help replace armies, you now have to give them all trusted rights.

This is a HUGE problem that needs to be fixed. It would be far preferable to allow all guild members to delete/replace armies, since it is all now wrapped in one step. But, it cannot be associated with trusted rights. Because giving someone trusted rights also gives them the capability of initiating sieges and releasing sectors.

Either do this or break down what is now in "trusted rights" to several different unique rights. Right now, you have too much bundled in the one.

DeletedUser13272

The troop replacement change is an issue that needs to be addressed. Since the change trusted rights have to be granted to every member who will be replacing troops. That in and of itself is not an issue. The change in functionality is actually better. The issue is that the security roles were not also modified. Meaning, just because I trust someone to replace armies, doesn't mean I trust them to make decisions regarding freeing sectors, laying siege or even unlocking new slots for armies(cost goods). More granularity is needed if the new functionality is to remain. Adding another role that only allows replacement of troops would close this gap in rights. I suspect, the longer this particular change is out there, the more people will complain. Its going to cost some guild big time eventualy

DeletedUser6172

Worse than that. Now, you are unable to delete armies for untrusted members to fill. So basically, if you want any of the guild to help replace armies, you now have to give them all trusted rights.
I have a mixed opinion about garrison armies. If you're dealing with hostile NPCs, then all you need to do is stagger filling the empty garrison slots, and anybody can do that.

If you're just trying to keep the nearby guilds honest, they're apparently nibbling on you, then why not ask for something really remarkable? Allow us to replace garrison armies WHILE a sector is under siege! That would be pretty frustrating for the attackers :)

Or at least prevent siege armies from being replaced for a couple of minutes so that the defenders can dump in more garrison armies. Right now, a player with a decent attack bonus can revive and heal troops until his credit card melts, and take your sector no matter how many resources you have available, and that's not very realistic.

DeletedUser9393

Did you try to click the little zoom icon (lower left)?
Clicking on the zoom icon enlarges. I wanted reduction so whole city fits on screen (most of most cities).
I fixed it by going to desktop screen resolution and selecting "size of all items smaller 100%"

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a little puzzled as to what you mean with the 100% and 150%? You might want to check Chrome's zoom settings. When you have the game window open, click on the browser's menu button and ensure your zoom is set to nothing higher than 100%. Chrome allows you set individual zoom settings per page/window, and it even has a keyboard shortcut for the same so it's rather easy to unintentionally change the zoom on a specific page.
Once in the game, Chrome's menu zoom and shortcut keys do not work.
I fixed it by going to desktop screen resolution and selecting "size of all items smaller 100%"

DeletedUser13270

ROLL BACK 1.36

Please give us your feedback and suggestion to Changelog 1.36 update below. We are interested in hearing your thoughts!

This update screwd us all. The death of guilds and FOE is on the way.

Problem
I am colonial and am about to go into the industrial age and no longer have iron, ema, hma, or lma troops. This update imposes that to refresh troops in sectors, I must possess these troops or place my guild at risk to non reversible accident or sabotage. Giving just anyone trusted rights to place troops is a risk that non of us can afford.

Solution

1. Kill this portion of the update,
2. Kill where it stops me from deleting troops so that a non trusted person can add troops to refresh sectors.
3. Make a new right for specific members to add troops (but bs troops could be added so trusted needs the ability to remove/ change them).
4. Enable the gift mode so that non trusted people can gift units to a trusted person to place for them.
5. Roll Back this update entirely

Lord Sterling the Brave
Korch
Crusading Knights

- - - Updated - - -

Nope it still requires trusted rights to replenish units in sectors.

DeletedUser6172

2. Kill where it stops me from deleting troops so that a non trusted person can add troops to refresh sectors.

I'd prefer to simply allow NON-trusted folks to replace garrison armies.
* They'd be using their own troops, so it's not going to get out of hand.
* The WORST that could happen is that you'd end up with a junk army in a few of the slots, but that's the same as before.

DeletedUser8796

One thing i sorta dislike is that the building base wont turn red (or a color besides green) if it is overlapping another building. I keep selecting buildings that i don't want to move the major problem is that it switches it out but Aachen is defiantly bigger than a 3x3 house so its being a major pain for re-organizing.

DeletedUser8428

A disappointment in display - hover over GB and it shows (for instance) 0 of 260 points. But if you open the building, it's 27 of 260 points. Once you've opened the building and the points update, the mouseover then correctly reflects 27 of 260 points. Until you visit someone else's city and return to your own. Then you're back to 0 of 260. Not a drop-dead issue, but annoying to have to open all of your buildings to see what you have.

DeletedUser9549

The deleting armies thing will help restrain ghost guilds, or at least the kind of pirate guild that gets used to wipe people off the map.

I feel this new change will create MORE ghost guilds. I feel that the option to "release" HQ should be allowed -- at least to a founder if that is the only sector on the map. I see more ghost guilds being created to get around this issue (create guild to smash, then dissolve... because now that is the only option) OR a Map full of HQ's that are extremely difficult for less advanced guilds to take on because of the high support an HQ receives.

- - - Updated - - -

REVERSE IT NOW !!!! GVG IS DEAD! SABOTAGE IS THE ONLY THING LEFT !.

Forcing trusted rights to everyone!
Giving non trusted people rights so that they can replenish wounded troops in a sector, is the most idiotic thing you guys have done yet. Fix the problem or go broke!

I agree!!! At least give an option to give a player ONLY the right to replace troops -- NOT to spend guild goods or release sectors!

lemonwedgie

I agree!!! At least give an option to give a player ONLY the right to replace troops -- NOT to spend guild goods or release sectors!

Or create a *Troops Treasury* ... members donate their troops, then trusted can place them.

Liberty

I feel this new change will create MORE ghost guilds. I feel that the option to "release" HQ should be allowed -- at least to a founder if that is the only sector on the map. I see more ghost guilds being created to get around this issue (create guild to smash, then dissolve... because now that is the only option) OR a Map full of HQ's that are extremely difficult for less advanced guilds to take on because of the high support an HQ receives.

I agree with Zutu. Also, Inno instituted the one week waiting period to return to a guild, to try to stop ghost guilds from being created and guild members hopping between their harem of various guilds to help one another with sieges, goods, etc. It did help, but it didn't stop it. Now, you have permanently roving guild members rotating between sub-guilds. So, they don't really care if they can't return back to the guild they just left for a week; they have 4 or 5 other sub-guilds to choose from. Still seems like cheating in my book, because the very same guild members are hopping from guild to guild laying sieges.

Last edited:

Liberty

Is it possible to have an Inno programmer speak to this issue? It is causing a lot of problems and it would be nice to know if changes to it are being worked on.

DeletedUser8152

Is it possible to have an Inno programmer speak to this issue? It is causing a lot of problems and it would be nice to know if changes to it are being worked on.
Which issue in particular? But in general no, I haven't seen the devs comment very often on what they are doing. There might be a little more feedback provided on the beta server, if you want to check the forum there.