• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.40 - Feedback

DeletedUser1084

Please give us your feedback and suggestions for the Changelog 1.40 update. We are interested in hearing your thoughts!

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser

I like the new aid feature. I can get about 3-6 bps from a single m/p round.

DeletedUser

From all I've heard about the new Aid feature, it's going to be a major disaster for those of us who aren't lazy and wish to play the game as well as possible. Diamond players who have purchased buildings will be screwed as newer lower-producing or paying buildings are motivated before the older ones we purchased with our hard-earned cash, partly for the express reason of more supplies or coins. I want the diamond building I purchased 2 ages ago and still outproduces the newer age buildings motivated, not the newer lower aged building.

I always saw these devs as very bright, but this is the most idiotic implementation of being helped I can imagine. I'll be hurt! What part of "random" makes any sense when looking to help someone do almost anything?

Players asked for such a feature and got the worst possible implementation, for players. But for Innogames, it's a money-maker as they attempt to force players into buying new diamond buildings each age as their old ones "wear out" now. As the old saying goes: Be careful what you ask for. You may just get it.

At least there's a choice to use it or not. However, I'll be removing anyone using the feature from my friends list. I'll lose very little help when I'm no longer being helped with the express intent to help me as much as possible by hitting the highest paying buildings first, regardless of age.

I've a feeling this has the potential to be so irritating that I'm already making plans to quit the game and will be taking my cash with me.

DeletedUser

It'd be nice for the player to have 2 simple priority options to guide the "aiders" helping their city:
· a toggle for polish (in 2 worlds, my cities are already at 120% so I would uncheck a box for auto-polishing with Aid)
· a 1st priority toggle between randomly motivating coin or production buildings.

This could all coincide with the highest age priority system that has been announced.

Just an idea of how to improve the priority system, which people will probably use very heavily once it's released. It's a cool addition to the game but it could use refinement.

DeletedUser10755

I'm curious to why Tiger's Den is placed on the priority list with Shrine of Knowledge & Oasis? I'd rather have any premium building m/p'd instead.

DeletedUser10818

On your roadmap, are you considering allowing all guild members the ability to replace weak armies, or, at least, a separate permission specifically allowing GvG sector army replacement?

DeletedUser10076

I think this AID feature is really big changer.

1. Only fools depend on polish, with this it might foolish to NOT depend on polish.
2. Lazy peeps are going to get more gbs.
3. There's going to be a lot less regular plunder(coins, supplies) to be had.
4. Deco might be a thing of past.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5862

At Least A Little Help?

At the very least, can you make it so polishing is last if the recipient is >=120%? That would increase the usefulness of this feature exponentially. Next best thing to add would be giving us choice of the order of things to be aided.

DeletedUser13194

On the IOS app, often times my GB bonuses to collection don't happen. Meaning when I collect supplies or coins they don't have the bonuses, which are available, from my Lighthouse or St Marks. Thanks.

DeletedUser2145

Currently there is no intent to make wishlists so that players can choose what the "Aid" feature will do in their city. This is not meant to replace M/P but rather to help those who do not have the time on a daily basis to help others or those whose devices are older and cannot very well go through multiple cities without overheating, crashing, or just generally having issues. In that way, this is not the feature that has been requested to make M/P easier. This is an additional easier option, and it's fully up to the player if they choose to do it.

If you wish your city to be fully optimized then you would need to make some adjustments for the Aid feature (such as losing decos/culturals and becoming dependent on polishing). Though you do not have to do that. Even with some cultural and decoration polishes that you would get, this Aid feature will still work in your advantage. If you were getting 80 M/Ps per day and all of them were based on your preferences, now you'll be getting over 160 M/Ps per day because everyone can do it. In which case it doesn't matter if 30 of those M/Ps aren't based on your preferences, you'll still have additional M/Ps that will significantly improve your city's overall production.

DeletedUser8858

Did you remove the ability to move the view of player's towns using the arrows on a keyboard? If so, could you add that to the next update?

DeletedUser9393

Hopefully, 1x1 decorations are excluded from the random polish ?

DeletedUser2145

No building is excluded from the feature, any building that can be motivated/polished within the game can still be motivated/polished with the Aid feature.

DeletedUser1862

This is not meant to replace M/P but rather to help those who do not have the time on a daily basis to help others or those whose devices are older and cannot very well go through multiple cities without overheating, crashing, or just generally having issues.
This is exactly why I think I'm going to love this change, my system can't handle changing between cities right now and this feature will make it so I can return to helping my allies again in some limited way. I don't care about blueprints right now, so this sounds wonderful. Hopefully it works the way it's supposed to and an 'upgrade' is somewhere in the pipeline for this feature ^_^

DeletedUser

I think the new aid feature will be of a benefit to many people (myself included). One question is why did Hall Of Fame's not get put into the priority list along with SoK's? This is a great building that benefits the guild and most guilds consider it a high priority item to motivate. Other than that I am looking forward to being able to M/P more regularly.

DeletedUser2145

The prioritizing algorithm of the feature is open for change. I can't promise any improvements are coming, but everyone is free to suggest and propose improvements on how it should work. However, players setting up their own city wishlists and the aid feature following those is currently not on the table, or so I've heard.

And yeah, myself personally I'm both too busy and my computer lags terribly when doing M/P rounds so I could never keep up with active M/Ping. But with this feature I can do it daily --- if I have the time I can do it the old way, if not I'll just use the Aid feature. Sometimes it may polish a random decoration, but other times it will motivate your houses or production buildings. The way I see it, even though you may sometimes get unnecessary polishes you'll also get additional M/Ps so in the long run it should be helpful.

ETA: As to the priority list, I'm not sure how the buildings were chosen. It's mentioned that buildings with "secondary effect" were selected, such as the SoK giving a forge point and the Oasis giving goods, but I wouldn't know why the HoF was not included but the Tiger's Den was.

DeletedUser

M/p logos

Please give us your feedback and suggestions for the Changelog 1.40 update. We are interested in hearing your thoughts!

Your Forge of Empires Team

One sugesstion I have is when you get to later ages like progressive it is hard to see the M/P logo above the buildings as they are all grey and white. Could you change the color of the logo from white to red or green maybe?