• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.41 - Feedback

DeletedUser1084

Please give us your feedback and suggestions for the Changelog 1.40 update. We are interested in hearing your thoughts!

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser10806

Like the aid notification of what building / deco you've hit.
Now we know what the limit of troops is going to be!

Music - meh, I have the sounds off anyway.

DeletedUser

I wish the Hall Of Fame regardless of Ages will be the top priority when using "Aid" button.

Uhmmm....
NO.
HoF is a Guild-Only thingy in my books.
Should NOT be on the list for aid at all.
If the guild values it that much, they should bother to do it manually.
Can't expect non-guildies to boost your guild's GvG-prowess.(Most likely resulting in hurting themselves in this field)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thrilled to hear that we can disable clouds in GvG. Sometimes the lag made GvG almost unbearable. I hope this improves things! Thank you!

I like that the Aid button will tell us what was polivated. Not crucial, but nice to know.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhmmm....
NO.
HoF is a Guild-Only thingy in my books.
Should NOT be on the list for aid at all.

No, its a structure in a city. If you don't want to motivate it, then do the city by hand.

Every MP you do aids the player you are MP'ing. The coins and supplies you give them go to build troops to fight for sectors in GvG. They go to produce goods to use to lay sieges. The happiness you provide helps them produce more coins and more supplies to build more troops.

Aid is aid. All of it adds up to assist the other player. So if they aren't part of your guild, then every time you hit the aid button, you are helping out some other guild no matter what gets polivated. If this distresses you so much, then confine your aid to your guild only.

DeletedUser

What REALLY annoys me is: Not a word about their broken HAC and the fact there won't be 'till next year...:mad:
Oh right; They added cute bunnies and the like to the cities surrounding.
Which I can't see since that blasted HAC is BROKEN!

- - - Updated - - -

No, its a structure in a city. If you don't want to motivate it, then do the city by hand.
Which I do, since I think this whole "aid"-button is for the lazy and the desinterested.
I M/P by hand. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6163

• It is now impossible to collect units from military buildings if a player has more than 2000 units in the army pool. It is still possible to get units from quests, even when above the limit. After reaching 2500 units in the pool, it is impossible to get any more units.

How will we know when we are close to the unit cap?

DeletedUser6788

3 questions:
1: Will the notice of Polivation after aiding be a pop up that requires you to click it before it goes away to then click the next Aid, or will it be similar to the notice that shows when someone polivated you and it just fades away and can be ignored?
2: it says 2000 is the limit for military building'd units, does that also include the Alcatraz, or does that count towards the 2500?
3: Is there a notice that informs you that you cannot collect any more military units at that time, or does it simply accept it but you do not receive any further units? (as there is currently no practical way to know how many units you have {unit stacking would fix this simply} you would need the notice so you know to start using up the units so you can continue to get more ones).
Thanks

DeletedUser2145

1 - It fades away like the pop up when you visit another player's city, their description is displayed and slowly fades away, and this is in that same way.
2 - Alcatraz is considered a military building so you cannot collect from it after you hit 2000. You can only collect from quests up to 2500.
3 - I have not encountered this yet but I believe there is a notice as you're unable to 'collect' from Alcatraz when you've hit 2000 units. Unfortunately this also prevents you from accessing the Great Building altogether at this time but that's being worked on.

DeletedUser6788

Thanks, one more question: say you have 1996 units in pool, and your alcatraz gives you 8 units when you collect.
How does that work? Does it give you the 4 units, and then the 4 remaining units afterwards; it gives you 4 and the other 4 disappear; it says that you cannot collect as it would exceed 2000; or is there some other thing it does?

DeletedUser

Unfortunately this also prevents you from accessing the Great Building altogether at this time but that's being worked on.
Is Alcatraz that different from other GBs?
When I can't "harvest" a CdM or Cape Canaveral the pop-up presents me with the option to enter the GB without collecting.

DeletedUser2145

Not sure about your question, brains, I think you'll be able to collect but by collecting you cross the 2000 mark so you won't be able to do future collections. But not fully sure on that.

Is Alcatraz that different from other GBs?
Yep, it's highly different. For example it's affected by the guild level bonuses and it's collection time decreases like for military buildings. Plus, these other buildings are fp-related while this one is for units so it likely didn't have a similar feature set up. That's likely what they're working on, or something very similar.

DeletedUser1862

Thanks, one more question: say you have 1996 units in pool, and your alcatraz gives you 8 units when you collect.
How does that work? Does it give you the 4 units, and then the 4 remaining units afterwards; it gives you 4 and the other 4 disappear; it says that you cannot collect as it would exceed 2000; or is there some other thing it does?
I would assume it 'collects' all the units, since you were under 2000 before, but you cannot collect further and the counter sits at 2004 until something happens to change the number.
This seems to be the likely reason that the 'collection' limit was set lower than the full limit on other items as well.

DeletedUser7289

Uh, why on earth would someone keep over 2,000 units on hand? Even with GvG, that seems like an excessive number to have at one time. Heck, 1,000 should be plenty to fight your whole neighborhood.

DeletedUser8152

Uh, why on earth would someone keep over 2,000 units on hand? Even with GvG, that seems like an excessive number to have at one time. Heck, 1,000 should be plenty to fight your whole neighborhood.
GvG can use a lot of units very quickly at times. It also requires (somewhat) to have lots of different units from different ages.

DeletedUser6172

Uh, why on earth would someone keep over 2,000 units on hand?
You can use unattached troops to absorb injuries, and the Alcatraz generates several unattached troops every day. I'd be quite happy if I had four battalions of Rogues.

DeletedUser11609

Have you ever fought GvG? Have you ever fought in multiple ages? If you are going against a highly buffed sector, even with good boosts you are likely to lose units, and killing 80 armies can make that add up fast. Add to that multiple hexes, fighting off counter seiges, it can be nothing to lose 100 troops.
If you are in an active combat guild, that can drain you fast, and once you've drained your troops, it can take quite a while to build back up. So yes, I can see the 2k limit being an issue for some people.