• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.43 - Feedback

DeletedUser2145

That is patently false. The placeholders expanded in width to accommodate the size of the number, and I have screenshots to prove it.

The change caters to intellectually challenged players who have trouble reading more than a few digits at a time without comma separation.

First of all, there's a huge difference between expanding the size of the placeholders once and expanding it multiple times. There might have been ample freedom to expand them once so it was easy and quick to do. There might not be enough freedom to do it multiple times so further expanding can be an issue for the game to display on other devices. Second, even if it's expanded now it doesn't mean that players won't reach even greater numbers in the future and thus leading to further need for expanding that bit of the design in the future. So expanding is only a temporary solution and the devs need a permanent so they won't have to bother themselves with such details every few months. This is where this solution comes in, it solves the issue once and for all.

Third, there are many people with certain disabilities or health issues for which reading long numbers can be troublesome, and this game is advertised as family-friendly, meaning kids are allowed to and indeed play this game. This change helps all of those groups, which do play the game just like yourself, be able to easily read their resources. It helps them and it doesn't harm anyone else in the process.

Lastly, if your complaint for this feature is the fact that it helps people who may have trouble reading long numbers, I'll just stop replying here. Unfortunately for me, I have accepted a position that requests from me to be polite and respectful as much as possible. Boy, my resignation can't kick in soon enough.

DeletedUser12900

I dislike the rounding of stat numbers for gold/supplies/diamonds and medals, you have room,, MAKE the boxes longer and show us the full numbers.....

DeletedUser2145

If you're poor with said resources, yes, there is room. If you're not, there isn't enough room. There have been at least several complaints (via tickets) a week from players who could not see their full number of resources. In addition to that players were requesting periods or commas for a more appealing representation of the resources --- there was definitely no space for that either.

DeletedUser11609

I dislike the rounding of stat numbers for gold/supplies/diamonds and medals, you have room,, MAKE the boxes longer and show us the full numbers.....

So, you prefer the game adjust to you personally, rather than the customer base at large?
When you have over 10 million supplies/coin, it is a hassle, and most players like the formatting change. The medals and population do seem to be overkill, but I have to assume that the formatting change had to be global, for whatever reason.

DeletedUser3556

If you hover the mouse over the numbers it tells you exactly how many coins/supplies/medal/diamonds or population you have. When you have in the 100's of millions of coins or supplies the end numbers would cut off, rounding off on the main screen while still being able to get the exact number on a drop down display is a good solution for me.

DeletedUser8102

Fix main issue

You can rest assured that the developers of Forge of Empires continually work to make this a better game...if updates are forth coming they will send formal announcements explaining what changes will occur, so keep your eyes pealed for future announcements and updates.

The above quote means nothing ,appears there is an element of BS in it.

You guys have repeatedly said to many players for weeks you would amend the anomaly with the excess levelling of GB's.
How many times have you been contacted about that issue. OR is it the case of "As long as you PAY don't care what we SAY"
IE : the 2 players in Brisgard

Poor form you guys , disappointing to say the least .

DeletedUser2145

The above quote means nothing ,appears there is an element of BS in it.

You guys have repeatedly said to many players for weeks you would amend the anomaly with the excess levelling of GB's.
How many times have you been contacted about that issue. OR is it the case of "As long as you PAY don't care what we SAY"
IE : the 2 players in Brisgard

Poor form you guys , disappointing to say the least .

Actually, we have not said that anywhere. There is no anomaly, each GB level adds more and more ranking points to the player. There is nothing to amend there. You're of course free to provide proposals and feedback and they'll be taken into consideration (which does not necessarily mean any change will be made, this is still Inno's product and they decide what goes or doesn't in the end).

Enjoy the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

lemur

First of all, there's a huge difference between expanding the size of the placeholders once and expanding it multiple times.

Multiple times has nothing to do with it. You misunderstand my point. Before the latest change, the placeholders continually expanded or contracted in width to accommodate whatever the size of the respective number was. This feature is very common among a wide variety of software.

Second, even if it's expanded now it doesn't mean that players won't reach even greater numbers in the future ...

The brown status bar at the top, on which the placeholders were located, had plenty of room to hold expanded placeholders with numbers of 10 digits. It would be plainly ridiculous to argue that the format change was necessary because players might reach 100 billion supplies and 100 billion coins.

Third, there are many people with certain disabilities or health issues for which reading long numbers can be troublesome ...

Wow ... seriously? You're going to play the politically correct "certain disabilities" card? What "disability" could there be (other than the aforementioned lack of intellectual resources) that enables a person to play a highly visual browser game, on one hand, but disables them from reading long numbers? There is no such disability.

... and this game is advertised as family-friendly, meaning kids are allowed to and indeed play this game.

And we don't want to be against families now, do we? Give me a break. I have been playing this game for months, and I seek frequent interaction with other players. I have not met a single player who is not an adult, even though there is no reason for teenagers to hide their age.

This change ... doesn't harm anyone else in the process.

That's incorrect. The format change reduces the available information to the overwhelming majority of players. (And don't bother to give me the line about being able to reveal it using the mouse; that's not the same at all.) That is the problem created by this change.

DeletedUser2145

You've missed 90% of what I replied, I won't be repeating it but there are those who may need that change. And there are kids playing the game, lots of parents contact support for info on the game or to report a violation because its their kid playing the game and they're displeased with them coming across offensive language. They just tend to keep quiet and aren't vocal, but that doesn't mean they're not playing.

If you're against the feature because it reduces the available information, that I can understand. If you're against it because it helps those who need it, that's just not logical.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3556

If having to hover a mouse to receive information in a point and click game is a problem, then I've just found another category of players with "certain disabilities". Its a miracle they managed to find never mind navigate the forums in the first place.

DeletedUser8861

The brown status bar at the top, on which the placeholders were located, had plenty of room to hold expanded placeholders with numbers of 10 digits. It would be plainly ridiculous to argue that the format change was necessary because players might reach 100 billion supplies and 100 billion coins.

We have players who have reached that threshold already. We have players whose accounts are locking up due to the fact that the computer can't handle the high numbers of supplies (and we have to go in and delete supplies to get them working again)

And we don't want to be against families now, do we? Give me a break. I have been playing this game for months, and I seek frequent interaction with other players. I have not met a single player who is not an adult, even though there is no reason for teenagers to hide their age.

There are a huge number of kids playing this game...(I talk to parents every day who contact support as their kids can't figure out how to get help). Just because you haven't met them doesn't mean they aren't there. Using that as an argument would be like saying Japan doesn't exist as I have never been there or seen it. :)

That's incorrect. The format change reduces the available information to the overwhelming majority of players. (And don't bother to give me the line about being able to reveal it using the mouse; that's not the same at all.) That is the problem created by this change.

The bottom line is this...the changes HAD to be made, most players who are in the upper ages were starting to see issues as the windows for coins, supplies, medals were not big enough to display the amount they actually had. The developers decided on this current change as the best course of action. While it may not be your preferred method of displaying the numbers it is what they came up with as a quick solution. Each thing we change in the game impacts other things...and so they needed to find a solution that did not impact too many other elements of the game.

Minor change that most will grow accustomed to, fairly quickly.

DeletedUser

in the event history window it shows me in 1st place on a tower. however i am actually in 5th place.
Yeah I think we all are having this problem. Every tower I have battled in, it shows that I am in 1st no matter what place I am really in.

DeletedUser3556

Just noticed that I have 122.2K medals and the K is half cut off on the screen. They should remove the decimal and just round it off on the main screen.