• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.43 - Feedback

DeletedUser8152

The population display is going to need to be rolled back, there are at least two quests requiring you to have EXACT numbers of population, which you can no longer know with the condensed 1.0 k format of population, those quests were hard enough when you actually knew you had 1891 population trying to do it with 1.8k is going to make them un-completable

I believe that if you hover over the display, it tells you your exact population. I think that would suffice for making the quests doable.

- - - Updated - - -

No it hasn't. I have always chosen my attacking army based on what the defending army is using to fight. Why has it changed. Can't even see what age the army is from before combat. This is wrong on so many levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly tstar99, I couldn't believe my eyes. This is a ridiculous change.

I promise, it has always worked this way for PvP fights. You do get to see the defending army when you attack on the PvE campaign map, that may be confusing you? And in GvG you can hover over a wounded garrison army and see the units. But PvP fights in the hood have always been blind, to my knowledge.

DeletedUser2145

You have only ever been able to see the opponent's army on the Continent Map. Both PvP and GvG have never displayed the opposing army, PvP because it makes no sense to do so, and GvG because you get a random army from the remaining defending armies there.

If you actually visit the announcement/changelog for the update you'll see a screenshot there that shows how when hovering over the resources you can see your exact numbers.

DeletedUser

You have only ever been able to see the opponent's army on the Continent Map. Both PvP and GvG have never displayed the opposing army, PvP because it makes no sense to do so, and GvG because you get a random army from the remaining defending armies there.

If you actually visit the announcement/changelog for the update you'll see a screenshot there that shows how when hovering over the resources you can see your exact numbers.

I don't know what you are talking about. Do you? I have played this game for years and I could always see what the opposing army is in PvP which enables me to choose what troops to use. Obviously in GvG it would be impractical to show each defending army considering the numbers but if you mouse over the first army up it will indicate what the defending army consists of. This hasn't changed as I just checked on GvG continent map.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

It is possible that you were experiencing a bug that allowed you to see the opposing cities' armies, and that they have fixed that bug. But no one else I've talked to had it work that way.

DeletedUser2145

I know what I'm talking about. Do you? I have also played this game for years and no, it is not possible to see the enemy's army in PvP before you attack. That's ridiculous to suggest, if I could see everyone's army I would be able to walk over my hood on a daily basis because I can simply choose the units which have a boost against the enemy's.

A player can only see the opponent's army in PvE, on the Continent Map. If anyone has been seeing units elsewhere then that's a bug and possible exploit of the game.

DeletedUser11609

I don't know what you are talking about. Do you? I have played this game for years and I could always see what the opposing army is in PvP which enables me to choose what troops to use. Obviously in GvG it would be impractical to show each defending army considering the numbers but if you mouse over the first army up it will indicate what the defending army consists of. This hasn't changed as I just checked on GvG continent map.

You've never been able to see the opposing armies in PvP, I suggest you turn down the meds....

- - - Updated - - -

Change to the Aid feature is also nice - been using it in Beta. Now, when you use the 'Aid' button, you get a pop up indicator that "You cannot aid buildings of this player at the moment". Leaves you free to try again later.

Care to explain how you can try again later? It doesn't reset the button, so you still have to wait 24 hrs. Only thing this helps is seeing who is actually trying to aid you. Really worries me sometimes that can't figure out how to do something simple like reset the aid button when there is nothing to aid....

DeletedUser15538

New Version: Several Issues

Something happened two days ago. I cannot see more than 25% of my play screen. I have to move around using the scroll bars. I used to be able to move around the play screen with my mouse, now I'm limited to 25% of the screen. It's very irritating.

I have several issue regarding the new version: Event history does not show correctly PvP totals, scrolling in message center does not allow to view previous posts, and zoom in zoom out does not function properly when not in full screen mode.

DeletedUser15538

I have several issue regarding the new version: Event history does not show correctly PvP totals, scrolling in message center does not allow to view previous posts, and zoom in zoom out does not function properly when not in full screen mode.
Also can't select goods to set up trades when using scroll bar.:mad: Hope someone can help. These issues makes playing the game frustrating and more difficult to play. Anyone else experiencing these issues after today's update?

DeletedUser11237

in the event history window it shows me in 1st place on a tower. however i am actually in 5th place.

This one.
Major bug/flaw in the update which needs immediate attention.
If i go by my event history, I am number 1 in each tower in each age I have fought in. If things go as they are, according to my event history, I shall be getting 2-3k medals. I would be bitterly dissapointed at the end of the week though, because instead i will be getting 200-300 medals.

DeletedUser12240

Now that it's in place, the update really seems to draw things together.

I'm glad I no longer have to wonder about losing motivations over night, but I still wonder which m/p are manual, and which are Aided. I'd like to think if it's possible that we'll see "Your neighborly friend of a guildmate has Assisted you, etcetera..." instead of "...aided you,...". That would make me feel better to know who still visits.
Speaking of which, does the Aid feature seem to impede the point of the "profile popup" feature a bit? I was certain the popup was to get a better look at what the player wanted m/p'd.

I'm a bit neutral on the abbreviation for coins, supplies, etcetera. I personally don't think it necessary for values under eight digits, but maybe my display is different than others'. My boxes have room for what seems like ten digits. Maybe an option to turn abbreviation on/off would be nice. I liked to see my values at hand for quick calculation, especially if I need to hover over a building while doing the math. I can't very well hover over two or more places at once.

Anyway, was this really necessary? XD?

5k_1.png

I'm pretty sure there was no issue saying 5000 Coins before.:p

DeletedUser

You've never been able to see the opposing armies in PvP, I suggest you turn down the meds....

- - - Updated - - -
You're right. Been uo against same players in hood for so long I can visualise their defence in advance. Please tell me the great big question marks are a new feature or I had better triple the dose. Apologies all round for confusion.

DeletedUser15075

Am not positive this is due to change, but it never happened before. I've been attacked(several cities) by bazooka like weapons, long range field artillery that kills w/one shot, tanklike weapons, you get the pic, while I have basically bows and arrows. What happened?

DeletedUser11609

Am not positive this is due to change, but it never happened before. I've been attacked(several cities) by bazooka like weapons, long range field artillery that kills w/one shot, tanklike weapons, you get the pic, while I have basically bows and arrows. What happened?

You've been moved to a new hood, welcome to the machine....:D

DeletedUser15075

In that case, Goodbye. When I posted this I had decided to quit the game and went so far as to transfer all of my goods to the guild(7) treasury in all of the cities (7) I played in, and inform the guild members that I was quitting. Long story short; a large number of 3 of the guilds asked me to reconsider, so even tho I had quit all the guilds, three of them have invited me back in, so I'm going to give it another shot. I still think it stupid to not have some limit on "kill" ratio in a game that should be fun to play. I used to play War Commander (about 5 years ,every day) until they when stupid with their "kill" ratio. Well we'll see! I am pleasantly surprised at responses I've gotten.

DeletedUser9732

Anyway, was this really necessary? XD?

5k_1.png

I'm pretty sure there was no issue saying 5000 Coins before.:p
Yeah, it is nice for very large numbers, but they went a bit overboard. Just including the commas would be sufficient for <1 million.

The unattached filter is really nice though, and being able to access every unlocked PvP tower from the event history is nice, even if the display is broken.

DeletedUser11609

Not sure I understand the Aid update. Since you clearly have an event that tells you nothing to m/p, why wouldn't you just reset the button?

50-60 people a day waste their time m/ping me, for 20 coins and no chance of a bp, are you considering these issues?
Due to the ease of aid, higher level BP's are nearly impossible to get via aid. If you want any chance at a BP above CA, you are forced to go to their city and see if there is actually anything to aid.
Don't get me wrong, the Aid update was a great idea, but some of the side effects of doing only half the job seem to have created new issues.

DeletedUser12804

All of my PvP tower rankings show me as #1 even when I'm not. This is a definite downgrade in game functionality.

DeletedUser2145

It is a bug and it is known, please check the Confirmed Bug Reports area on those issues and report any issues in the Bug Reports forum. If you actually open any of the Towers, it does show your correct ranking.

Thank you for your feedback.

lemur

They were in fact an issue because the placeholders were not big enough to display those numbers.

That is patently false. The placeholders expanded in width to accommodate the size of the number, and I have screenshots to prove it.

The change caters to intellectually challenged players who have trouble reading more than a few digits at a time without comma separation.