• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.65 Feedback!

DeletedUser9184

New forum doesn't do a good job of keeping track of the last post we read in each thread.
It should work after you mark all forums read. It seems it wasn't possible to fix this when the change happened.
Seeing the background behind the messages as I am scrolling is messing with my eyes. With all the problems with the game, was redoing the forum the best use of time?
Background always worked that way I thought? (You can look on the EN forums to compare as it has not been migrated yet.) The developers have nothing to do with the forum: the change has to do with the forum software from vBulletin to Xenforo (I do not know why they changed that though.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17462

Ok, not sure where you people are getting your LSD but here's some more specifics:

A guild-mate and I did some thorough testing in a GvG sector, playing with different combos and such, and there still seems to be a problem and I bet you can replicate it.

Your attack army: 1 rail gun, 7 rogues

The pattern is that your very first rail gun to fire can't hit drones or hover tanks on plains. It will hit a tank that reveals itself by moving onto non-plains terrain, it will hit a spotter, it will hit an exo soldier, it will hit another rail gun, it will hit a champ. But not a drone or a TE/FE tank on plains under stealth. The rail gun is highlighted, as if it's turn to move, and you can move him around but no matter how much you click, he will not attack those unit types. But it's only that first rail gun on that first round that cannot do so. In the 2nd round and beyond, it can fire at everything as it's supposed to.

So lets say you're fighting 3 tank, 3 rogue and 2 drones. Your only choice for your first attacking move is to pop one of the rogues or click the gun to pass it's turn without firing. Boo.

I tried attacking several different army combinations, and this pattern holds true across everything I tested, and my guild-mate had the exact same results as I did. This is not imagined. Maybe it's not consistent across all players and all servers, but it's certainly an issue on E world for me and a guild mate.

I've contacted support with this info, just waiting to hear back.
I get the same problem on G world doing PVP on mobile.

DeletedUser10517

The whole thing hurts my eyes.

Cant play the game, cant use forums now either.

DeletedUser23123

I let it go for couple of days. Log off before I went to work. Today it pretty good. Still got slow response from crappy wifi. It hang for awhile going from city to provinces map. Don't know if it wifi or a small glitch. Don't use message stuff, so can't say anything on that.

lemur

We are interested in what you have to say!

Every time you make another one of your software updates, the game gets loaded with more errors. Here are some of the latest malfunctions that your update inflicted:
  1. The display suddenly pops into magnified mode for no apparent reason. When this happens right in the middle of an operation, the glitch causes the wrong buildings to be collected or (worse) the wrong buildings to be deleted. This highly annoying glitch happens continually.
  2. After logging into a world, there is a delay of 5 to 20 seconds (depending on the time of day) at the first instance of either (1) trying to open a Great Building or (2) receiving a blueprint as a prize. The game freezes in this way every time on every world.
  3. After logging into a world, there is a delay of 5 to 20 seconds in the sound effect from a Confectionary at the first instance of collecting supplies. When several Confectionaries are collected in quick succession, all of the sounds are emitted at once (after the delay), greatly amplified, blasting through the speakers or headphones. Again, this happens every time on every world.
  4. New buildings often fail to be completed. The process just stops, and the little Flash progress window simply freezes.
  5. When moving buildings, the program often fails to recognize that the mouse button has been released. The only way out is to reboot the world.
  6. There is occasionally "punch-through" with the Flash pop-up windows of the quest lines. The program seems to interpret one mouse click as two distinct selections instead. The first operates on the Flash window, and the second slams into the village behind the window, collecting from a building or opening a Great Building.
All of these problems began immediately with Changelog 1.65, and they exist in addition to all of the delays and glitches from previous updates and server overloading — such as each world taking 45 to 60 seconds to load.

Last edited:

lemur

We are interested in what you have to say!

I forgot to add that I doubt your interest is genuine. I think InnoGames only cares about diamond sales. That's it. If the game turns to dreck, but people are still stupid enough to play it and still pay to play, then InnoGames employees are satisfied.

DeletedUser8428

I forgot to add that I doubt your interest is genuine. I think InnoGames only cares about diamond sales. That's it. If the game turns to dreck, but people are still stupid enough to play it and still pay to play, then InnoGames employees are satisfied.
Its worthwhile to note, however, that everyone is not experiencing the same problems you describe. I am having no issues with gameplay, lag, delays, freezing, magnification, punch-through or anything else, for that matter. Doubt it makes a difference, but I play only on Brisgard.

DeletedUser9732

@hjh102, you really haven't had any issues with punch-through? I've found it to be a consistent issue for months now. The most annoying one is where one of my worlds has a GB under where the 'Ok' button is for the event log when logging in. More often than not it opens the GB window when I close the log.

As to the building moving, there is a bug report thread, and it has allegedly been passed on to the devs. But, if the punch-through is any indicator, who knows if/when a fix will show up.

@lemur - do you have animations enabled? I know they started causing issues for me some months back and I've had them disabled since, which has greatly improved performance.

DeletedUser8428

I do not use animations, use Opera instead of IE on a sorely obsolete laptop from 2008 that has been updated with Win7 pro.

And, that's correct. I have no (zero, none) issues playing FOE. I'm baffled by the issues reported here - if "playing" was as problematic for me as it is for others (my pal Ruby in particular), I would have quit a long time ago.

But it's not like that from here. I log on, work/rework my city, pop out to the forums, contribute to lots of other players' GB ... no lag, no punch through, no issues.

DeletedUser9732

Interestingly, we're using very similar setups - I use Opera on Win7 with no animations (although newer hardware) in both locations I frequently log on from. Which I think is one reason we don't have as much lag issues as others. I am surprised you don't have the punch-through though.

DeletedUser8152

I haven't seen any punch through problems in quite a while, myself. No idea why it happens to some ppl and not others.

DeletedUser9433

I haven't seen any punch through problems in quite a while, myself. No idea why it happens to some ppl and not others.
Happens to me daily but no reason to complain about it, nothing will be done to fix it unless it is by pure accident.

lemur

Do you have animations enabled?

Yes, I do, because I like them. I will experiment with disabling them; thanks for the tip. I will miss the animations, but if it makes the game functional, then that's what I will do.

The instability of the display is the biggest issue for me now. That started with this change (1.65). For example, just a few minutes ago, the display popped into magnified mode just as I tried to select a building to start producing supplies. Instead, the cursor slammed into housing that I did not want to collect.

Meanwhile, the lag became a serious problem long ago (August 11, to be exact). I learned to accept the ridiculous 60-second load time that occurs whenever I move to a new world. I do other things while the POS Inno software loads.

I am contemplating whether to leave the game and tell Inno where to stick it. I am growing sick of how they do business — which is a bait and switch scam. Specifically, their market promotions make no mention of the fact that their software works correctly only on certain operating systems with certain browsers. But they are more than happy to sell "diamonds" to those with other operating systems and other browsers.

DeletedUser24726

Please let us know your compliments, concerns, suggestions and feedback regarding Changelog 1.65. We are interested in what you have to say!

Your Forge of Empires Team

I'd like to suggest reversing a small part of the 1.65 update:

You don't have to click X in the quest window to close it anymore - you can now click anywhere outside of it to make it go away.

This fix also was (apparently) applied to the weekly Tower Tournament results window. Unfortunately, because that window opens unexpectedly (unlike a quest window), it will immediately close if you happen to be typing or clicking at that moment. This has happened to me multiple times, and it's extremely annoying not be able to review my weekly rankings and medal awards -- especially since this information is not archived/posted elsewhere (unless you finish 1st in a particular Age, in which case you're listed as last week's winner).

It would be great if the weekly Tower Tournament could be changed back to require "click X" in order for the window to close.

It would also be nice if our weekly Tower Tournament results were saved somewhere so we could see our progress over time, and so that we'd have the data handy if the weekly results window closed by mistake, etc....

Thanks.

lemur

It would also be nice ...

In general, I think it would be nice if InnoGames didn't display such a dismissive attitude toward the persistent complaints about how bad their software and server performance has become. It would be nice if they actually fixed the problems, instead of ignoring the problems (and us).

DeletedUser8420

When I start having problems with lag etc. I clear my comp's cache and delete temp history. I also have turned off all animations (there are 3 listed in settings), also no sound and no music playing. OH yeah got rid of Windows 10 by rolling back comp to Windows 7. and I rarely have any problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

lemur

I clear my comp's cache and delete temp history. I also have turned off all animations (there are 3 listed in settings), also no sound and no music playing. Oh yeah got rid of Windows ...

I avoid Windows — that absurdly inferior imitation of the Apple Operating System. And yes, I clear my cache multiple times every day. And yes, I turned off the animations and the music. None of this has any effect whatsoever. The problem is with the bloated, patched, POS InnoGames software and the overloaded, POS InnoGames servers.