• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.69 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Please enter them here. We look forward to reading what you have to say.

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires team
Is there anyway, as a guild, to opt out? I don't see any advantage. we are a mature guild and dont get alot of people in and out. and the new system gives a reasonable option to add/remove people. the "leave" option is very important to some people. very. i think more people are gonna be unhappy they cannot leave a conversation, than are happy with any "improvements" .
i really dont like the fact i can now see only four messages, not five. we tend to be verbose, so we have lots of messages. lots.
we need to be able to opt out.

lemonwedgie

So whats the point of this *Guild Thread* looks like a guild wide to me. Did the players ask for it? Was creating a guild wide message too complicated like using a siege army was for GVG? Am I missing something? Wth?

DeletedUser8152

So whats the point of this *Guild Thread* looks like a guild wide to me. Did the players ask for it? Was creating a guild wide message too complicated like using a siege army was for GVG? Am I missing something? Wth?
People did ask often for the ability to have a message that would automatically include all guild members, and only guild members, because of the inconvenience when people left or joined. I could imagine it would not be trivial to go through everyone's mailbox and update a bunch of existing guild-wide messages every time membership changed, so I can see how the devs came to this solution. I'm not sure how well it is going to work, but I would put this in the category of 'something we asked for.' Perhaps with a little 'be careful what you ask for' thrown in :)

DeletedUser23123

Well, Like I said before. With these Guild hoppers. Joining and leaving in seconds. All that info logging is going to be very annoying when one can clear the board.

DeletedUser6021

I don't see why it is necessary when there is already an option of "adjust group" then "update to guild members" option in the all guild messages that adds any new members and removes any old ones...

DeletedUser24774

Thanks for adding guild treasury access to the mobile version. Worked fine for me on iOS. Would love to see GvG eventually go mobile, too. Negative: I'm now experiencing really bad lag every time I leave a guildmate's city. Since I FP swap and manually m/p, this is at a minimum irritating if not pushing me to auto-aid more. No lag for auto-aid.

lemonwedgie

People did ask often for the ability to have a message that would automatically include all guild members, and only guild members, because of the inconvenience when people left or joined. I could imagine it would not be trivial to go through everyone's mailbox and update a bunch of existing guild-wide messages every time membership changed, so I can see how the devs came to this solution. I'm not sure how well it is going to work, but I would put this in the category of 'something we asked for.' Perhaps with a little 'be careful what you ask for' thrown in :)

Some say it is an inconvenience but is it really? Come on ... the game just continually gets dumbed down. And still ... all the other threads have to be updated when people come and go so how is this new *guild conversation* going to enhance our game? Things will get buried in this thread, members will become complacent of this top banner and eventually won't even read it.

lemonwedgie

I don't see why it is necessary when there is already an option of "adjust group" then "update to guild members" option in the all guild messages that adds any new members and removes any old ones...

Apparently that is an inconvenience. Apparently that is hard work. APPARENTLY there are a lot of players who would rather we played the game for them and pressed all the buttons and what-not ....

DeletedUser8152

To be honest, I didn't know about that option. I agree that lessens the value of the new thing.

lemonwedgie

To be honest, I didn't know about that option. I agree that lessens the value of the new thing.

Yep that was added a couple of updates ago ... which is why you will see *so-and-so was added to conversation* or *so-and-so was kicked from conversation*

qaccy

This one updates automatically, unlike other threads that have to be done manually.

Colb777

VP has the right idea lol... they fix one thing and break another... I still get disconnected every few hours at what seems like the 2nd minute of every hour or so.

Inno... stop blowing your revenue on poorly made ads that only draw the attention of idiots anyways. Word of mouth is the best advertising out there and you're ruining that by making the game garbage for those of us who are already invested (time and money) in a game that has steadily declined in both performance and "inno....vation" sort of ironic when I think about it

DeletedUser10517

Please remove the Guild message you have added into MY guild's message system.

I do NOT want that message sat at the top of the message board on every page.

Founder is NOT given any rights to remove or add people.......I see no point to it nor have I seen anyone ask for it.

This is about it for me......I can barely play because of lag and Inno keep introducing new stuff that makes it worse.

Seriously.....why no option to close it off if we dont want it????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10517

This one updates automatically, unlike other threads that have to be done manually.
You liked the new system because it gave you 5 posts per page instead of 4.

With this new thread showing at the top of every page....youre back to 4 messages per page + this new one.

DeletedUser8152

Yep that was added a couple of updates ago ... which is why you will see *so-and-so was added to conversation* or *so-and-so was kicked from conversation*
I knew you could add and delete people, just didn't notice that you could easily update to the whole guild.

bomber9530

I see no point to it nor have I seen anyone ask for it.

I've seen people ask to have the system automatically add and remove guild members who join and leave. I have not seen anything specifically asking for this specific message thread though. And I do feel as though this should be an optional aspect of the game.

DeletedUser10517

I've seen people ask to have the system automatically add and remove guild members who join and leave. I have not seen anything specifically asking for this specific message thread though. And I do feel as though this should be an optional aspect of the game.
Yes, on the regular threads that are created by guild members.
I havent seen a single request for a permanent Guild message, that looks different to all the other messages, that sits at the top of every page and has no control options on it whatsoever.

Just when I thought the message system couldnt get any worse.............

DeletedUser23489

The new Guild message system has a major problem, anybody in the guild can start a thread and that thread can't be deleted no matter what. I recommend that only guild leaders or maybe moderators have access to start a guild only message. I like the idea of having some permanent guild threads, but who can create these threads should be limited.