• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.69 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser10517

But see the one substantive comment:

That's almost exactly what we have now, with the significant difference that only guild leaders were supposed to be able to post there. Given that it came up in the thread, I think its fair to say it is in the same spirit as the OP that was voted on.

Which isn't to say we're stuck with what we have or that it couldn't be improved. My point here is just that the devs didn't come out of nowhere with this idea.
But see the one substantive comment:

That's almost exactly what we have now, with the significant difference that only guild leaders were supposed to be able to post there. Given that it came up in the thread, I think its fair to say it is in the same spirit as the OP that was voted on.

Which isn't to say we're stuck with what we have or that it couldn't be improved. My point here is just that the devs didn't come out of nowhere with this idea.
Its a stretch isnt it, to say it was "requested" by players?

One comment, that wasnt even in the Proposal, that was a year and a half ago.......and only 2 people even said they liked the proposal, which was not the same anyway.

And a proposal like that without significant support should never have been put to a vote to start with.

DeletedUser10517

Personally I like the new "forced" thread and don't see what all the butt-hurt is about. Our guild uses it as our "general conversation" thread. You know, the kind of thing that everybody and their fleas wants to start a new thread to talk about? Polish my blacksmith. Motivate my academy. Stone for marble. Free blueprints on mine Babels towering. That sort of thing. It will really cut down on new threads, I think, and if it doesn't? Well, I'll just remove messaging rights from trigger happy guild-mates. If they get butt-hurt? They can leave. Simple. We still have our sticks thread, GvG thread and a couple other sundry threads that get used enough that they don't get lost. Overall the mailbox issue is much easier to handle for me. Nobody has to screw with it when new members come into the guild or leave the guild -- it's hassle free. That being said, I do think founders should have a choice in using it. I challenge anyone to find a game this complicated anywhere on the planet that allows as little customization as this one. I mean seriously, we have 5 options. FIVE. Go-Fish has more variations.. especially if liquor is involved.

But while I defend this new thread, I will still express my disgust with Inno. I'm one of the most active fighters on my server and now I can't even participate in GvG at recalc because the update broke my browser and no others browsers will work. And everyone is so scared of us, all they do is put up enormous bubble screens every day at calc to keep us from burning their fields and stealing their wheelbarrows. So, until this gets fixed, I'm building up more rogues I guess. Suckers better hope Inno doesn't fix their mess.
We already have such a thread in our guild.....and everyone posts their requests in it. Noone has messaging rights bar a few because they dont need them. We have a thread for anything they might want so its all nicely organised and we never have lots of random requests.

So this new thread, which is stuck at the top of EVERY page has no purpose for us....plus, noone can leave or join it out of choice. And leaders cant moderate it.

If they wanted to accommodate the need for this, at least give an Opt out option for those who already have very organised guild messaging.

lemonwedgie

What I'm seeing here is way too many minor bouts of hysteria over a single thread in the mail box that, omigawd I can't leave. I agree with MJP above that all this new thread will do is replace a general thread in the guild. It's not a game-changer, and it will be hardly noticeable in a couple of weeks. I actually think the guild flag is a nice touch.

No it isn't a game-changer - thats part of the point ... Inno insist on making STUPID changes that bear no impact on the game when there are a TON of changes that we do actually need.

DeletedUser8300

I absolutely HATE this new thread. Now I'm stuck on a never ending chat group. Thanks for nothing Inno Devs.

DeletedUser24425

Is anyone else having issues with their production buildings not being motivated this week? Before the update, even if only some of the people I aid reciprocated, more of my buildings were motivated. Also, I have not received any BP even though I m/p daily (all guild members and all neighbors). I usually get at least one a day.

Thanks,

DeletedUser8420

The new thread eithers need to be deleted or allow leaders to edit (so that posts containing messages can be removed)
Speaking of which having an ability to edit messages by writers would be excellent, many times I see I had misspelled something or left out a word that I cannot correct. Editing messages would be beneficial.
And PLEASE bring back the outbox. I use to use it on a regular basis and sorely miss it.

DeletedUser11991

the new ranking system ,i went down in points ,too bad for me ..lol but i do like the fact that people who donate to ther guild tresurey get points to move up in the rankings is cool and will also help in the way of knowing who is donateing and who is not ...great job on new ranking system ...

lemonwedgie

the new ranking system ,i went down in points ,too bad for me ..lol but i do like the fact that people who donate to ther guild tresurey get points to move up in the rankings is cool and will also help in the way of knowing who is donateing and who is not ...great job on new ranking system ...

How will we know?

qaccy

Yes ... point is, why do we need one? Is it that hard to do it manually. Waste of space, programming, time .. blah blah blah
People were complaining when the new system was added about how many clicks it took to clear out messages versus the old one, like it was a big deal. This message reduces the need to click buttons to add/remove people by doing it automatically, so this should be a good thing, right?

You liked the new system because it gave you 5 posts per page instead of 4.

With this new thread showing at the top of every page....youre back to 4 messages per page + this new one.
It's still 5 per page! This thread cuts down on the need for a lot of other threads, such as GBs being in sticks, help requests, etc.

I think people are just going to complain no matter what Inno does, honestly...every new addition is the same thing: folks coming in saying they're going to stop playing, stop paying, how this is the worst addition ever, how it's pointless, how the devs are stupid, yadda yadda yadda. Sure, people are entitled to their opinions but this is getting out of hand.

DeletedUser19127

Just donated near 13,000 goods across various ages... received 50,000 points... worth it?

Looks like I have no choice but to start attacking my hood... GvG just won't cut it anymore... and to think I tried to be a good neighbor.

Coins and supplies don't seem to do anything...

I joined FOE because of the city-building aspect... not for this...

DeletedUser6172

On the regular messages, if somebody craps in the company street I can just remove everybody and kill the thread.

This "announcement" message COULD be useful if only Leaders and Founders were able to post announcements, but right now a rage quit will be there F O R E V E R. Like Herpes.

DeletedUser13941

Lol shocker. Inno touches the game and something else goes wrong. Most of my guild has 0 points today and one is even negative. I could really care less about the points, but when are you going to fix all the known problems like GvG, and stop ignoring us? I see very few responses from Inno in the forums and they are always in regards to stupid crap. Get your head out of your asses and fix your issues. Nobody cares about a damn leap year event when you can't even fix the main thing this game is revolved around.

lemonwedgie

People were complaining when the new system was added about how many clicks it took to clear out messages versus the old one, like it was a big deal. This message reduces the need to click buttons to add/remove people by doing it automatically, so this should be a good thing, right?

How is one forever there message going to reduce clicks where its noticeable? And seriously .... read the complaints about the new message system and you might realise that a forever there message is not going to solve the issues ....

lemonwedgie

On the regular messages, if somebody craps in the company street I can just remove everybody and kill the thread.

This "announcement" message COULD be useful if only Leaders and Founders were able to post announcements, but right now a rage quit will be there F O R E V E R. Like Herpes.

As I said earlier - if a drama llama kicks off in there ....