• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.79 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Let us hear your thoughts, concerns, suggestions and feedback for Changelog 1.79.

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser10076

On GvG changes....

Thank you for finally restoring unit cost to sieges. I believe the other changes are good as well. With the release of GE and these GvG changes I can honestly say that for the first time in the longest time that game is heading in the right direction.

That said please do not release AF until it is finished no more parts and scrap all future plans to release ages in parts as well.

please please don't mess with GE it is 100% and doesn't need any tweaking.

DeletedUser11467

Yes..thank you. The land holding guilds will have the distinct advantage. But the smaller guilds will no longer be able to attack and the people with a lot of troops can now take what they want since guilds can no longer "bubble" for protection. Plus....if you want points you can sit next to a friend and constantly siege each other...as seen on B world (which has made points meaningless there ). So a big win for big Traz people...thank you for knocking out everyone else.

DeletedUser18851

"If a player was active in GvG for a guild and then switches to a new guild, he will not be able to partake in the GvG system for 96 hours."

Hate it, but no use in elaborating since it'll just be ignored.

If you're going to pull this crap though, you better remove the 7-day wait time to rejoin a guild you've just left. If you remember, that was only implemented to prevent FIGHTERS from guild-hopping. Now that you've implemented a second layer of penalty for going to help your friends in a game, I hope you seriously consider removing the 7-day wait time for the poor traders whose livelihood was destroyed by your pathetic attempts at fixing GvG long ago.

Other than this 96 hour BS, I'm fine with the new changes.. they are long overdue.

DeletedUser8152

I believe that in the beta version you could still donate goods immediately when you join a guild. I suspect that will still be the case.

DeletedUser6163

Placing a siege army will require you to use your own units

This change has been long overdue. When used correctly it can aid a guild in fighting more ages, as a trusted member can place a siege without having many units. On the other hand, it has been abused by some players by placing endless cheap sieges without unit cost on a guild in an attempt to force an enemy guild to waste their units in fighting the sieges. Point farming, candy sieges, ping pong, whatever you want to call it - did not start until the siege unit cost was taken away. So instituting this would go a long way to reduce point farming because the only players who can do this, are those with a lot of champ barracks and a really high level Alcatraz.

Then we have..

If a player was active in GvG for a guild and then switches to a new guild, he will not be able to partake in the GvG system for 96 hours

This one is great, guilds that are strong on their own should be strong on their own together anyway. Guild loyalty is a good thing.

However, we get the old Inno screw here...

When a guild releases a sector, that guild will not be able to re-capture this sector until the next GvG day (after the calculation has taken place).

To prevent trading sectors with each other?? Really Inno, that is the lamest excuse I have heard from you in a while. The change quoted above would have done enough to reduce point farming, this change is a Band-Aid on what every fighter has been complaining about for months. The lag, the lack of game response when you click something, playability.. Inno is so cheap to keep everyone's hard earned money spent on diamonds, they refuse to update their servers, they change gameplay so they can save a buck. We are reshielding sectors too much, they think. The game still takes 45 sec to load the army management window so that makes fighting impossible these days, on GvG PvP or GE.

So thanks Inno, for making ME change because you don't want to upgrade your game.

Oh but let's release another event and throw a few crumbs to appease the new players that don't realize what they are investing their time into just yet.

My advice to new players, stop now and go enjoy your summer. Stop feeding the Inno machine your hard earned money.

DeletedUser9184

I believe that in the beta version you could still donate goods immediately when you join a guild. I suspect that will still be the case.
It stated specifically in the beta forums:
Darkstar said:
This rule will be applied to most GvG-related actions, with the exception of donating goods. There will be no such restriction on donating goods to the guild treasury.

DeletedUser6574

The thing is the players you are targeting for 'farming' abuses have already figured out ways around the changes, and most of the farmers have high level Traz's anyway so the 'use your own units' change is not going to slow them down. Most of the larger guild have a few members permanently sitting in their Ghosts so the only thing the 96 hour rule will do is keep the smaller guilds from creating ghosts on the fly and fighting back. And, as the larger guilds usually have members with high level Traz's, the 'use your own units' change is, again, a moot point. As for not being able to retake a sector until the next clock reset, you have just removed a valid defense strategy which, once again, will penalize smaller guilds. Obviously the people who designed these changes do not play GvG or they would realize anyone who wants to get through a defense, will eventually get through that defense. You've taken away the only way to block them and live to fight another day. Now, guess who stands a chance of prospering under all the new rules? Farmers and big guilds with high level players, with high level GBs. What's the long-term goal here, to tick off your more advanced players and to put younger players at even more of a disadvantage? Well, bravo, with that you succeeded. People who think these changes are a good thing are happy for now, but watch the surprise on their faces once the changes are in and they figure out they got screwed and they are at an even greater disadvantage.

DeletedUser16163

I applaud your changes in GvG. Now what can be done in PvP? I feel a limit in the amount of towers you can participate in should be created. Example: I have had a player in my neighborhood now for three months. He is in the Contemporary Era however he fights from CE down to EMA. He has an Alcatraz that is level 13 and nobody in a lower Eras can compete with him. I feel you should be limited to just one or two Era PvP towers. If you fight in two as an example. If you change your troops and attack for another era; you only get global points, but none are recorded for the third PvP tower.

DeletedUser8115

I'm actually a fan of all these changes. I've seen the extreme abuses, be it a guild able to resiege 20+ times because it costs them nothing but an insignificant amount of goods, or a person who hops to multiple guilds in a day using their goods for their own GvG agenda, so I'm happy there will finally be a real price to pay/a way to outright prevent these things from happening. I don't think there is a complete solution for the problems in GvG, something we should all keep in mind.. and also what one person views as a problem is something another person thinks is great, the opinion usually stems from what's in it for the individual. Any moves to try to get us back to the way GvG was originally intended to be, those are moves I support.

lemonwedgie

you have just removed a valid defense strategy which

If it were used as a strategy ... but it is often abused ... guilds spend recal flipping their sectors so its just another night of *stalemate*

I have to applaud the re-introduction of actual troops needed for a siege ... currently without the need for siege troops the attacker has an overwhelming advantage, no matter whether its a big, small, strong, weak guild. Now guilds will have to ensure they not only have the goods but the troops as well to take a sector, meaning you will also want to get it done as quickly as possible in as least sieges as possible ... you will have to ensure that your siege-replacers have those age troops and you can say "Oh Traz takes care of that" to a degree yes but most GvG guilds use their Traz to pull hundred and hundreds of rogues and exist on very few actual troops comparitively.

Guilds will actually have to start thinking ... instead of coming on at recal every night for 15mins of re-sheilding and then watching paint dry for 23hrs and 45mins ...

Love the 96hr rule too ... although 72hr wouldn't have hurt ;-) stopping those players/guilds who selfishly abuse it. *snaugh* at those who throw temper tantrums and jump into a one-man guild to "teach others a lesson"

... wont have quite the same affect now *shakes fist* "I'll teach you!!! ... in 96hrs hours ... !!!"

DeletedUser13942

I'll be interested to see how the real numbers play out. Many players that have teched out just points race for something to do, so we may lose some veterans, but clearly Inno hasn't cared about vets in a long time since literally everything anymore seems to be geared at noobs (color guards, Shrine of desperation, drummers, etc)
But the one thing I will almost promise is an explosion of "stop plundering me " threads as all those points farmers and evil fighters once again turn their traz's loose on their hoods. Just remember, those of you who sought this and applauded it, you asked for it :)

Edit: you know on further thought:
I can still release and reseige on 4 seperate maps if I want. To effectively point farm I really only need 1 Champ and 7 rogues, as long as take the time to morph each rogue correctly. All of which have 1 day or less recruit times, depending on guild level. So the higher level players won't be hurt by troop cost.
And most higher level players have several ages of champ retreats and many rogue hideouts. So this really doesn't effect point farming much. It only serves to widen the gap between Vets and noobs since the noobs will take several months to a year or two to amass that type of arsenal.
And as far as ghosting goes, it's not uncommon to go several days in one of these super guilds without any "GvG related activity" so jumping guilds in an emergency (or in a rage) will still be possible a good chunk of the time. So it may curtail it some but not alot.
So in short, the new rules may generate a few complications but really it's just alot of smoke and mirrors. And really, one of the biggest problems in GvG is true ghost guilds with no allegiances that simply attack at random for points, these players are almost completely unaffected

Last edited by a moderator:

lemonwedgie

Welcome to GvG stagnation once again!
The smaller guilds will now have no opportunity to enter a GvG map against a large Guild with multiple fighters, especially those larger guilds that are sharing accounts within.

GvG is boring now! 15mins at recal ... wash, rinse and repeat ... no thought, no need for teamwork just whoever can click fastest. Lame .... the changes will mean guilds will have to work again ... and trust me, just because a guild is large and older doesn't mean they are better. Its about teamwork and organisation ...

And whats all this malarkey about sharing accounts within ... or is that just the rumour mill that churns away on FoE daily ... because that is not the majority. Been here 4yrs, been on the GvG maps since the day it launched ... not saying it doesn't happen, but that isn't the norm.

DeletedUser

Welcome to GvG stagnation once again!
The smaller guilds will now have no opportunity to enter a GvG map against a large Guild with multiple fighters, especially those larger guilds that are sharing accounts within.
You are SUPPOSED to have multiple fighters! That's the entire point. 5 or 6 people were never meant to be able to challenge a large guild with the sector manipulation and endless sieges that are common now. This will be restoring balance, not breaking it. If smaller guilds wanna take on the big kids, they need to buddy up and share fighters, or merge

lemonwedgie

Sk1nny - thats one player ... I didn't say it didn't happen, I said it wasn't the norm.

And yes, I do find GvG boring now - if you cannot make recal to flip sectors on the higher age maps then you miss the action. Removing the need for actual troops on a siege is essentially what destroyed GvG ... its all about fastest click and connection and whether you can spare 15mins at recal ...

DeletedUser

And in response to awcrap:

Evidently the larger guilds were the ones whining about all this that you must be apart of. My/Our guild is, and has, always been a small guild with very few fighters, however, I could take on FUN & their Ghost Guild (6-8 fighters v. Me) and continuously take their sectors. Yes, I had to put my full efforts forth and I would lose troops, but why should we be punished as a small guild that doesn't want to be apart of the "big guild" and adhere to someone else's rules I don't agree with? I can't even visit another guild now to fight cause I have to wait 3 days after joining and then when/if I want to go back home to the guild I founded 2 plus years ago, I have to wait another 3 days before I can compete in GvG actions once again....lame!
Actually my guild is a mid sized one on D world, that has been very active over the years training and replacing gvg fighters, so that we always have a decent punch. I took my own advice, and when we decided to take on top guilds, created alliances to share fighters with other mid sized guilds. My philosophy with gvg is that there are no entitlements. Each guild gets as much land as it is strong enough to hold at that moment. If you cant hold much, then dont have any expectations that should be able to, and play the diplomacy game. GvG is supposed to involve strategy and organization within each guild, and among the many. I believe this is a very good change that will force the people effected by it the most, the small gvg guilds, to change their approach or lose. I think that is how it should be.