• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.79 Feedback

lemonwedgie

I could likewise tell you to check out D world, where the maps are still extremely active in the higher ages. Is that enough to invalidate your reasoning? Probably not, but it's enough to at least say that there's still plenty of GvG happening. It just requires more thought and consideration now, as it should. I won't deny that there are far fewer shields bouncing around every day, but the vast majority of those were just point farms and so can hardly be considered actual GvG.

Agree .... and yep, G is still extremely active as well plenty of action in the evenings AND throughout the day now which I love because NONE of us (yep, we did it too) can flip sectors ... the game is no longer based around a mad frenzy of flipping sectors for 15mins creating a blockade where nobody could make a move on you. Now all my players can join in GvG as we have been fighting not just at recal ...

DeletedUser10789

No proposals because many chose to leave the game and go inactive while lurking in the forum to see if the changes will be reverted... in 2 years.

Not enough energy to put out a proposition and start fighting against "sarcastic-know-it-all super-fighters and managers-emperors of super-powerful-forever-great guilds" that support these changes :D:D:p:p

I fully and totally agree. Like I stated on the Beta Forums, why bother when the purpose of thread is for "Feedback" and when the "Feedback" clearly shows poor change and decisions at INNO, they NEVER change and if they do, it takes 2 years to get a change. So, ask yourself this question, why would anyone bother with these thread anymore when "the game" is going to do as they wish anyway and I am sure there are a whole bunch of proposals that were successfully voted for that go NO WHERE. Not everyone is as passionate about the game as they once were and have been. This is the true sad point here and when players find a way they like to do something and/or find a way to acquire more points, only to have some whiners and complainers do what they do best, whine and complain, instead of laughing about it and saying, if someone has to take that approach, so be it and they know whom are the best players in the game, it does not need a massive points or ranking to show us who we are or what we are all about. What matters most is how you treat someone in the game, when they need a little help and you have the knowledge to assist and help. I have been on both sides of it and I assure you, there is nothing more rewarding when you can help and assist a player who needs some help. Points will come and go, who cares about them. A majority of people here are not understanding the ripple effects to certain guilds and the game in general on how players will not adjust and play. So, when players adapt and start doing something else, those whiners and complainers will still be there saying, that's not fair to the rest of us. Oh, it's fair, you are JUST ANGRY AND UPSET YOU COULD NOT COME UP WITH THOSE THOUGHTS, IDEAS and TACTICS. Leaders lead and followers follow, the real question is, WHO ARE YOU.?

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser10789

Indeed, my count is 15 in favor, 23 opposed.

Jaelis,
First, thank you for doing this and for showing you are a true player of the game and just like the rest of us you want to be able to play this game, have fun and play it fairly. We both know, you and I have NOT seen eye to eye on many topics and we have had our issues in the past. Still, of the posts I have seen from you, of late, you seem to be a TRUE PLAYER and LOVER of the game like nearly all of us here. So, thank you so much for not being biased and reporting facts for us. That said, what people still fail to see or understand is that before any of these changes were placed into effect, EVERYONE has had the same opportunities to do the SAME things are any others. There is NO cheats, NO loopholes, just the ability for most people in any guild to help do guild things.

Now here, because I have checked out from submitting proposals (which we all know I have done) you can submit this one, just please credit me for this idea.

"The Game", since we have a Guild Treasury already in place, it should be expanded. The expansion should be of TROOPS of ANY AND ALL AGES and those with TRUSTED RIGHTS, be allowed to place any and all sieges in any and all ages. This would allow lower level players to become more involved in guild versus guild fun, excitement and the ability to learn, while growing. Is it really fair to a player, because they are only IA or EMA and NOT be allowed to be involved in FE or All Ages.? NO, in fact, this will allow the higher ups and players with real GvG experience to teach lower ages or players who are NEW TO THE GAME. This would allow players who can make plenty of troops be used and NOT SITTING there wasted. Why penalize a player who just started the game and telling them, Mr/Miss X, you need to wait years to get into FE Age so you can actually help and most importantly LEARN the right way. I cannot see how this would be a bad idea and in fact, this idea (of mine) could be expanded and have lower ages FIGHT in GvG with those Troops. You now say, Stevie that is a crazy idea. Is it really.? How about allowing everyone to enjoy GvG and NOT having someone wait years to get into that age to enjoy it. In my primary world, IA is DEAD. EMA DEAD, etc. The action is FE and All Ages (which we all know is NOT all ages). So, why discriminate against a new player who just wants to play, give them something to spend money ON (hint hint), learn and HAVE FUN. Don't Go penalize a player based on their time of joining a game. Allow them all to fight in all the AGES of GvG and let's bring back some FUN and give all players the ability to join in. It's sad, when a guild mate says, I am sorry, I am not in that age yet. This could be easily changed and should be to draw attention to GvG and have more guilds very active.

Now I have given plenty of ideas here and I am NOT even getting paid from "the game". You see, there are people like me and many others here with incredible ideas on how to make the game better and MORE FUN. These are the REAL PLAYERS of this game, "The game" should stand up and take notice that your players are upset with the direction of the way these HORRIBLE Developers have taken our once fine game and made adjustments that were and are LESS GAME PLAYER FRIENDLY and a LESS SOCIAL PART OF OUR GAME that we can all agree that we all are passionate about and enjoy playing. GAME and INNO will you listen....? Help us help you, as we are doing with actually giving you great ideas to help us with the game being "the best" it can be. My advice, read these feedback threads and then I will just say, these are your customers whom you are effecting and making upset. Make them feel like you care about them. Show us all you care about all of us and NOT just what your talentless developers cannot create and hire some who can. Show your players you care and you care about giving us a creative filled game where you ACTUALLY LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. It is up to you now, listen with a deaf ear and then have to resort to multiple sales to entice players to spend money. Instead, GIVE THEM A REASON TOO. It is so simple, too simple actually and I am sad you all cannot see it. Like someone should say to them, "Your FIRED" and get Creative Developers who play the game, create content that inspires us want to play and pay for. I would and I do. The question is, can you do this before it is too late and there has to be weekly sales or a change of leadership or the selling of the game. That choice is up to you and I hope you can read and take some serious hints here. If not, then you all deserve what will come of this game and don't believe me, look up Evony. Enough said.

Steve - LordStevie

qaccy

Jaelis,
First, thank you for doing this and for showing you are a true player of the game and just like the rest of us you want to be able to play this game, have fun and play it fairly. We both know, you and I have NOT seen eye to eye on many topics and we have had our issues in the past. Still, of the posts I have seen from you, of late, you seem to be a TRUE PLAYER and LOVER of the game like nearly all of us here. So, thank you so much for not being biased and reporting facts for us. That said, what people still fail to see or understand is that before any of these changes were placed into effect, EVERYONE has had the same opportunities to do the SAME things are any others. There is NO cheats, NO loopholes, just the ability for most people in any guild to help do guild things.

Now here, because I have checked out from submitting proposals (which we all know I have done) you can submit this one, just please credit me for this idea.

"The Game", since we have a Guild Treasury already in place, it should be expanded. The expansion should be of TROOPS of ANY AND ALL AGES and those with TRUSTED RIGHTS, be allowed to place any and all sieges in any and all ages. This would allow lower level players to become more involved in guild versus guild fun, excitement and the ability to learn, while growing. Is it really fair to a player, because they are only IA or EMA and NOT be allowed to be involved in FE or All Ages.? NO, in fact, this will allow the higher ups and players with real GvG experience to teach lower ages or players who are NEW TO THE GAME. This would allow players who can make plenty of troops be used and NOT SITTING there wasted. Why penalize a player who just started the game and telling them, Mr/Miss X, you need to wait years to get into FE Age so you can actually help and most importantly LEARN the right way. I cannot see how this would be a bad idea and in fact, this idea (of mine) could be expanded and have lower ages FIGHT in GvG with those Troops. You now say, Stevie that is a crazy idea. Is it really.? How about allowing everyone to enjoy GvG and NOT having someone wait years to get into that age to enjoy it. In my primary world, IA is DEAD. EMA DEAD, etc. The action is FE and All Ages (which we all know is NOT all ages). So, why discriminate against a new player who just wants to play, give them something to spend money ON (hint hint), learn and HAVE FUN. Don't Go penalize a player based on their time of joining a game. Allow them all to fight in all the AGES of GvG and let's bring back some FUN and give all players the ability to join in. It's sad, when a guild mate says, I am sorry, I am not in that age yet. This could be easily changed and should be to draw attention to GvG and have more guilds very active.

Now I have given plenty of ideas here and I am NOT even getting paid from "the game". You see, there are people like me and many others here with incredible ideas on how to make the game better and MORE FUN. These are the REAL PLAYERS of this game, "The game" should stand up and take notice that your players are upset with the direction of the way these HORRIBLE Developers have taken our once fine game and made adjustments that were and are LESS GAME PLAYER FRIENDLY and a LESS SOCIAL PART OF OUR GAME that we can all agree that we all are passionate about and enjoy playing. GAME and INNO will you listen....? Help us help you, as we are doing with actually giving you great ideas to help us with the game being "the best" it can be. My advice, read these feedback threads and then I will just say, these are your customers whom you are effecting and making upset. Make them feel like you care about them. Show us all you care about all of us and NOT just what your talentless developers cannot create and hire some who can. Show your players you care and you care about giving us a creative filled game where you ACTUALLY LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. It is up to you now, listen with a deaf ear and then have to resort to multiple sales to entice players to spend money. Instead, GIVE THEM A REASON TOO. It is so simple, too simple actually and I am sad you all cannot see it. Like someone should say to them, "Your FIRED" and get Creative Developers who play the game, create content that inspires us want to play and pay for. I would and I do. The question is, can you do this before it is too late and there has to be weekly sales or a change of leadership or the selling of the game. That choice is up to you and I hope you can read and take some serious hints here. If not, then you all deserve what will come of this game and don't believe me, look up Evony. Enough said.

Steve - LordStevie

Two things:

1) Evony never had the depth this game has. Not even close.
2) In RPGs or any other game with some sort of level-based progression system, you don't take your level 1 character straight into a level 50+ zone, and that's because you're not ready to be there yet. Same deal here. A player in the middle ages has no place in the higher eras except for maybe cheerleading. If you want your lower players to learn, then your higher players can 'step down' and do so while they continue working their way up.

DeletedUser10789

Two things:

1) Evony never had the depth this game has. Not even close.
2) In RPGs or any other game with some sort of level-based progression system, you don't take your level 1 character straight into a level 50+ zone, and that's because you're not ready to be there yet. Same deal here. A player in the middle ages has no place in the higher eras except for maybe cheerleading. If you want your lower players to learn, then your higher players can 'step down' and do so while they continue working their way up.

Qaccy,
First:
1: You MUST agree that since Evony was created, many many things have changed in Computer Games. I believe there was even an Xbox 360 to now Xbox One and by your theory, all computers have been the same. As such, you theory of your though process is in DIRECT Violation of something called, Moore's Law. If you do not know what it is, look it up. If you do, you will understand why your point is invalid period.

2. Cheerleading is fine and your point here is noted, YET, I believe you are the exception to the RULE as it seems you were BORN and you started running down the halls. As it seems, you think that people should NOT have to learn and should sit by "Cheerleading" in this game and please humor me here, how many people "Cheerlead" in your guild. Or do you see them sitting there saying, "what can I do, I am just a lower level and this is exciting". You are aware that there is a GvG Map, called "All Ages", right.? How is it all ages, when the vast majority use FE Troops and above now.?
In fact, it is NOT "All Ages", that term was only introduced to state that you can use your FE troops there too, as a teased NEW AGE with FULLY Incomplete Tech's, Military and so much more was released. This was the "games" way to think they would keep people from a mass exodus in leaving the game, due to it becoming STALE.

So, I point to your non-understanding of my original post and thoughts, so as you should re-read it and understand where I was going with it. It looks like someone like myself, seems to think along the same lines and we share thoughts and ideas (not uncommon at all) here in this game. That said, the point of any game is to keep a players attention and to profit from it. I can think of NO OTHER good way to entice a player to want to achieve added goals within this game then to aspire the levels of the higher ages people. Yet, I highly doubt that those folks would want to stick around for years to accomplish this. In fact, there is a slow way and a fast way. Those that do it slowly will become bored and those who do it faster will get bored quicker. FACT. The point of any and all businesses is to maximize the profit from their product and how does this game attempt to achieve this goal. Sadly enough, they are failing, don't believe me look at all the sales as I have outlined in numerous posts I have responded too and/or provided. Therefore, I must direct you to simple marketing and sales, if lower age players were allowed to fight in truly "All AGES" of GvG, what do you believe would be the next benefit to this.? Come on say it.....YES, it will lead to players Military GB's needing to be leveled for the benefit of all of these players wanted to be, "like the big guys". You see a point there.? More Diamonds would be spent on people wanting to level GB's and be better at GvG and fighting. There is ZERO downside at all here and I am sorry you cannot understand this very fact. Why, as then the high levels would NOT become bored by the same old same old players fighting in the same ages, they would be able to teach the lower ages, THRU EXAMPLE, which we all know is the right way to help anyone and is the true definition of "Training". But I guess somehow you overlooked all of this and I understand if you cannot see it. Some do and then some don't and we as a Forums, are fully allowed to have our own thoughts and our own opinions, which in fact is the purpose of this forums. Period.

Steve - LordStevie

qaccy

Qaccy,
First:
1: You MUST agree that since Evony was created, many many things have changed in Computer Games. I believe there was even an Xbox 360 to now Xbox One and by your theory, all computers have been the same. As such, you theory of your though process is in DIRECT Violation of something called, Moore's Law. If you do not know what it is, look it up. If you do, you will understand why your point is invalid period.

2. Cheerleading is fine and your point here is noted, YET, I believe you are the exception to the RULE as it seems you were BORN and you started running down the halls. As it seems, you think that people should NOT have to learn and should sit by "Cheerleading" in this game and please humor me here, how many people "Cheerlead" in your guild. Or do you see them sitting there saying, "what can I do, I am just a lower level and this is exciting". You are aware that there is a GvG Map, called "All Ages", right.? How is it all ages, when the vast majority use FE Troops and above now.?
In fact, it is NOT "All Ages", that term was only introduced to state that you can use your FE troops there too, as a teased NEW AGE with FULLY Incomplete Tech's, Military and so much more was released. This was the "games" way to think they would keep people from a mass exodus in leaving the game, due to it becoming STALE.

So, I point to your non-understanding of my original post and thoughts, so as you should re-read it and understand where I was going with it. It looks like someone like myself, seems to think along the same lines and we share thoughts and ideas (not uncommon at all) here in this game. That said, the point of any game is to keep a players attention and to profit from it. I can think of NO OTHER good way to entice a player to want to achieve added goals within this game then to aspire the levels of the higher ages people. Yet, I highly doubt that those folks would want to stick around for years to accomplish this. In fact, there is a slow way and a fast way. Those that do it slowly will become bored and those who do it faster will get bored quicker. FACT. The point of any and all businesses is to maximize the profit from their product and how does this game attempt to achieve this goal. Sadly enough, they are failing, don't believe me look at all the sales as I have outlined in numerous posts I have responded too and/or provided. Therefore, I must direct you to simple marketing and sales, if lower age players were allowed to fight in truly "All AGES" of GvG, what do you believe would be the next benefit to this.? Come on say it.....YES, it will lead to players Military GB's needing to be leveled for the benefit of all of these players wanted to be, "like the big guys". You see a point there.? More Diamonds would be spent on people wanting to level GB's and be better at GvG and fighting. There is ZERO downside at all here and I am sorry you cannot understand this very fact. Why, as then the high levels would NOT become bored by the same old same old players fighting in the same ages, they would be able to teach the lower ages, THRU EXAMPLE, which we all know is the right way to help anyone and is the true definition of "Training". But I guess somehow you overlooked all of this and I understand if you cannot see it. Some do and then some don't and we as a Forums, are fully allowed to have our own thoughts and our own opinions, which in fact is the purpose of this forums. Period.

Steve - LordStevie

1. You try comparing the game to Evony, I call you on it, and then you completely backpedal out of your original statement by saying 'things are different now'. They are, and this game is still better than Evony on its best day, despite how many walls of text you want to throw up trying to claim how bad the game is becoming.

2. As I said, if you want to engage the lower players then you can, as a higher player, step down and coach them - they're currently there, you've been there before, so you can both talk from experience rather than artificially boosting them up to your level and them having no clue what you're talking about. If you think those lower players are 'left out', then figure out a way to engage them...get a team together with some of your higher age players and start throwing some sieges out. I personally was extremely motivated to help out my guild when they were all busy in GvG ME and PME and I was still in the Colonial Age. I convinced the leaders to put a team together that I helped lead for Colonial and LMA, and eventually Industrial as well when I made it up there. Overall, being 'behind' is what pushed me to catch up. Don't try pressuring the developers to dumb the game down to make age irrelevant when age is the primary progression metric in the game. Here's a secret: If a player doesn't have to advance in age in order to participate in every aspect of the game, a lot of them won't. Path of least resistance and all that, and some people already don't advance in age for various reasons. You want to give people more reasons to stay put? I'm sorry if you're surrounded by people who just throw their hands in the air or blame the system when faced with adversity, but not everybody is like that. There are multiple ages to fight in, and they don't all have to be accessible to everyone. Think of them as 'rewards' for advancing if you're actually interested in those things. :)

DeletedUser20367

Which situation will teach a new player more?

1. They sit and watch the screen waiting to click a button and set a siege.

2. They are playing on a map where they can set sieges, attack sieges, attack & place DAs. In other words, everything that GvG is about.

On one of my worlds we had a major offensive in Iron Age with a lot of new players involved. I was in Progressive but I pulled down some buildings and build a bunch of barracks so that I could participate and help the new people learn. It's not brain surgery.

I completely agree with you on the 'all ages map' though. That could have been set up to be a true 'all ages map' where the troops you had in your attacking army were converted to the same age as the defending troops and everyone could have participated. This would have been a lot more work to code but it would have been a better addition.

Algona

That could have been set up to be a true 'all ages map' where the troops you had in your attacking army were converted to the same age as the defending troops and everyone could have participated.

That's a very intriguing idea. Could you start a thread in the Forge Hall and expound on it?

DeletedUser10789

1. You try comparing the game to Evony, I call you on it, and then you completely backpedal out of your original statement by saying 'things are different now'. They are, and this game is still better than Evony on its best day, despite how many walls of text you want to throw up trying to claim how bad the game is becoming.

2. As I said, if you want to engage the lower players then you can, as a higher player, step down and coach them - they're currently there, you've been there before, so you can both talk from experience rather than artificially boosting them up to your level and them having no clue what you're talking about. If you think those lower players are 'left out', then figure out a way to engage them...get a team together with some of your higher age players and start throwing some sieges out. I personally was extremely motivated to help out my guild when they were all busy in GvG ME and PME and I was still in the Colonial Age. I convinced the leaders to put a team together that I helped lead for Colonial and LMA, and eventually Industrial as well when I made it up there. Overall, being 'behind' is what pushed me to catch up. Don't try pressuring the developers to dumb the game down to make age irrelevant when age is the primary progression metric in the game. Here's a secret: If a player doesn't have to advance in age in order to participate in every aspect of the game, a lot of them won't. Path of least resistance and all that, and some people already don't advance in age for various reasons. You want to give people more reasons to stay put? I'm sorry if you're surrounded by people who just throw their hands in the air or blame the system when faced with adversity, but not everybody is like that. There are multiple ages to fight in, and they don't all have to be accessible to everyone. Think of them as 'rewards' for advancing if you're actually interested in those things. :)

Sorry for not responding sooner, I actually had real life things to do, instead of belaboring on some muddled facts you are missing.
Yes, the comparison of any game to Evony is a simple one. Why, well Evony is an example of a PvP game that went from being an extremely popular game to one that people started to play less and less. Their are more comparisons to it, then you might even realize, just like opening of servers to different worlds here, basically the same, whereas you have the ability to have a do over and start from scratch. Learn from your mistakes and then start a new. You see, this is where I ask you to re-read my posts and as you claim my walls of text. Sadly, you do not see what I can or what I see happening here. Which is a good thing, as it is people like me who get people like you to buy worthless virtual currency that you spend real money on, haha. That said, I still PAY to play this game as it is fun for me and the fun in teaching others how and why to do certain things.

What I was trying to say is that, this game needs more creative people (developers) to make us really want to play more, which translates to paying for stuff with said virtual currency. I have said numerous times that the game has great aspects to it and if there was just some more tweaking in it, it could be a whole lot better. The creativity of late has been hit and miss, more of miss than hit of late. (The GE and the new GE GB are the exception to this, as they are clearly excellent and well thought out - Nice One, I MUST SAY and I will give credit when credit is due). Now, that said, lets get back to the topic here. The topic is how Evony failed and became stale, like "the game" with the exception of GE has become.

Any and all games must have a level of a social aspect and when I started this game over 2 years ago at the Easter Event, it was all about SWAPPING EGGS. Then changes have been made to help certain players cry that they cannot engage in conversations or to swap eggs with people and thus, we now get stupid things hidden in the trees. Talk about annoying. I direct you to understand why a Speakers Corner's was issued as a prize, think about it. Being creative is something the game is truly lacking, instead of pandering to the biggest cry'ers and whiner's. When the game began, there were siege costs to each siege and there was so much more. Little by little people complained, from what I understand and then this changed. Now it has been changed back yet again. So, at some point it changed, WHY.? Maybe that should be the real issue or talking point. We could all go on and on and back and forth about Evony, which we all know has many of the same features here, yet this is not the true point. The true point is, HOW ANY AND ALL ONLINE GAMES do NOT evolve and change to keep on growing to keep players, make the players happy and all the while entice new players to play all of the current worlds. Or they would all die and people would just run to the new next opened world. This is the real fundamental reasons for developers to do their jobs, be creative and keep players wanting more and trying to achieve goals, all the while they try to have the players spend money on the game.

So, there, I hope you understand that being a cheerleader is for some and NOT for everyone. I still believe that to have a Guild Treasury that would store Troops to allow ALL players to use them and/or place sieges with, this would be a win win for the game as a whole. I should not have to explain why this would be a major benefit, because if you cannot understand how then you cannot understand why it would be better overall. I will give you a hint, lower level players will want higher ATT/DEF GB's and will want them leveled higher and faster.

Also, since GvG is nearly DEAD in my primary world, I guess my thoughts and ideas were invalid, when in fact, were and are spot on. But then again, I see things other might not and that said, on to other more important topics as this one is moot.

Steve - LordStevie

OkiePride

People are back to point farming these candy sectors again. I see it all the time now. Release just before calc and take it right after. The sectors stay locked up almost indefinitely.

OldTyme72

You still have a chance to steal the sector after they release. Geesh. They changed it enough for the worse already. Don't give them any ideas.

DeletedUser26965

Keeping in mind this is from a relatively new player but I can read and comprehend things, I think.

Wow, reading through all of this boggles the mind. Speaking on the issue of the siege army requirement I think a little perspective for some might be helpful. First is GvG didn't come out until 2014 nearly two years after the release of the game. Then only a few months later siege army unit cost was removed. There were two reasons given as to why; 1) "The requirement to field a siege army with full units was a bit confusing to new players" 2) "and was also hindering activity for guilds that fight across multiple ages". Now here, two years later, they bring back the cost. So what has changed in the last two years to where apparently now it is not confusing to new players? And apparently now it won't hinder activity for guilds that fight across multiple ages, if it ever really did in the first place. Something just seems fishy about those reasons.

However, in this changelog we are given this simple reason; "This requirement was removed at some point to make it easier to jump into the battle." Was it hard before? To make troops and use them for a siege was hard? I kind of don't think so. But let's imagine it was hard, so now that we are back to where we began is it now suddenly not hard? How can that be? Something not making sense to me here. I mean I can read and comprehend things, I think, but I just don't know what to make of it.

Now, aside from that and unless I missed something it seems to me most of the user comments here don't make much sense because apparently it's mostly all based on conjecture, that is what you think GvG is supposed to be. I don't see anything from Inno indicating what they want out of GvG except for this; "Guild versus Guild is here! Your guild is fighting for survival and power. Your goal is to expand your guild's territory and hold on to it, to level up your guild and gain bonuses and glory for all its members". That's it, nothing else, nothing about "top guilds" "lower guilds" and how it's supposed to be other than that. You are all arguing with a ghost. If you want GvG to be something other than what Inno has created then put in a proposal and hope for change.

Now Inno adds something else here that conflates that issue with another when they stated "Basing on your feedback, we've come up with solutions that will patch some of the loopholes that were reported by you and were making it possible to 'farm' lots of ranking points" and listed the siege army requirement under that which gives the impression that somehow this requirement will reduce ranking points. Again this makes no sense to me as apparently they had no problem with this practice for so long. What's even weirder is it's clear that it's not so much ranking points that's an issue it's the Tournament Tower points that's the main issue and that's not even addressed here. People still farm GvG sectors to jack up their Tournament Tower points for medals, a nice easy cheap way to get expansions and such.

Now speaking as someone who came to the game after this change let me just give you my thoughts on GvG. It sucks, well maybe I should really says it's non existent. I kind of expected that going into an older, guild established, world, so I'm okay with that. The only action I've seen in six months is fighting off the farm guild aggravating our AA sector daily to get their points. I assume maybe when they're done getting their Victory Expansions they'll stop unless they want to continue for stupid points that have no effect on the game whatsoever.

What I am happy about though is the opening of new worlds allowing us to get our GvG on all over again, so now I'm on Walstrand and there's plenty of wide open spaces there. But eventually that too will fill up and stall, such is the nature of this GvG design. And given the announcement of no more GvG maps I can only pray to the gaming gods Inno creates some new type of GvG environment.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25273

I think the biggest issue is that it appears to me that Inno doesn't have a big play testing setup. I am sure that there is an internal Alpha/Dev server somewhere for the developers to play with ideas, but the Beta server doesn't seem to be used for serious play testing, The issue is that there seems to be a very short timeline from putting things on Beta and when they will get moved live, hard coding issues seem to be enough to delay release, but as the tavern showed, usability/playability issues don't seem to. This is likely in part that the Beta server is public, so things coming there get to be known about, so there is a lot of pressure to get to release. What they really need is a somewhat private playtest server where you need an NDA to get on, where they are willing to try things that may or may not get to release.

Things like the cost structure of GvG is hard to evaluate without a lot of play test, especially by people who aren't predisposed to using it the way the designers were thinking. I won't claim to be a GvG expert, but from what I see, it seems that it is perhaps too easy for a small set of guilds to dominate all of the GvG maps, and perhaps it is too easy for guilds that aren't on a map to harass on the map. I think it might make sense to adjust the cost factors so that the ages did interact somewhat so that a guild would want to focus on just a few ages for their major holdings (and likely the higher ages they were able to fight well in), with perhaps minor holdings on other maps as training grounds for new members. This likely would open up the map significantly for the younger guilds on the lower era maps as the Future era guilds wouldn't be steamrollering the Iron Age map (yes, they have to use Iron age units, but with their large boosts they can cut through like butter, and if they see a siege defeat it quickly.

DeletedUser11427

Does the 96 hour rule apply to each player individually depending on the last time THAT individual player did GvG in their previous guild, or to every player that goes to a new guild? For instance if player A hasn't done any GvG in over 4 days, is that player allowed to participate in GvG as soon as they arrive in the new guild? How about a player that hasn't done GvG in 2 days? Would their wait time be reduced to 48 hours?