• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.79 Feedback

DeletedUser10415

Historically speaking, it took time for mercenaries to be hired and moved where they needed to be to do their thing, so we can consider the 96 hour rule as a reflection of that. :)

smaller guilds or ones that don't have active active fighters
...should spend their energies on Guild Expeditions instead. If a guild doesn't possess in it's membership sufficient fighters to take and hold territory on any of the GvG maps, then the GE are tailor-maid for their needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkbox

Someone sounds bitter. GvG is closer to being balanced the way it's supposed to be with the changes. I can't really come up with a good analogy due to a lack of knowledge on the subject, but I'm pretty sure similar things happen IRL all the time. Big guy beats little guy.

Bitter? No. Disappointed? Yes

I discovered the game a year ago and enjoyed it a lot. Not sure what it was before March 2015 so, not comparing and don't know which system is better. Disappointed because the game is going the wrong way and do no longer fit its purpose in general (for some people at least). When you spend time (money) and money (earned by spending time working) in a product, it is in the hope it will become better and more enjoyable, not worse. Here is, for your enjoyment, what led to the disappointment:
  1. I saw attrition go away in GvG, effectively (imo) slowing down and rendering GvG worthless and did not complain
  2. Watched my points being slashed for no reason (imo) without complaining
  3. Watched my tickets to support go unanswered for days (and i understand they can be busy but, really? 6 days?)
  4. Watched re-calc time being bounced around senselessly to "help" with lag
  5. Watched the numbers of "events" explode, while relevant ones are being tanked with ridiculous "improvements"
  6. Watched the lag getting worse over time, to the point were placing a siege in AA (on Noarsil) is a guaranteed crash at calc
  7. Watched... erm, the list would be endless
IRL (assuming it means "In Real Life" and not "Indy Racing League" :D) when faced with disappointment, I do something about it if I have control over what is causing disappointment. When I have no control, I just let it goooo, let it goooo (still working on my Elsa voice:p)

So, pardon me if I let go of something I have zero control over ;)

Raslo81

Historically speaking, it took time for mercenaries to be hired and moved where they needed to be to do their thing, so we can consider the 96 hour rule as a reflection of that. :)

...should spend their energies on Guild Expeditions instead. If a guild doesn't possess in it's membership sufficient fighters to take and hold territory on any of the GvG maps, then the GE are tailor-maid for their needs.
I did think about movement but then 96 hour is greatly excessive for FOE time. 24 would be more reasonable , 48 tops. Regarding how they spend their resources, I appreciate your opinion, but that should be left to the guild, and hiring mercenaries is a valid choice and probably a lot less headache then some members I've seen.

Raslo81

And as to GE, it seems to be tailor made to curb pillaging.

DeletedUser26406

im curious how much money the Developers have lost since the terrible rule changes to GvG a few weeks ago? Last Sunday i normally would have spent $80 but not now. Not ever again unless they take away the siege troop cost and the 24 hour wait if you release a sector.

DeletedUser13942

well 2 some odd weeks and no proposal to change back...

Its good to see that common sense and reason pretty much won out...
I didn't make a proposal. Why?
Out of all the major spenders I know, 3 quit the game completely, and to my knowledge, none of the rest have spent another penny. So I vote with the only proposal Inno understands, my bank card. It is firmly placed back in my wallet where it will stay so I hope some of you who love these changes so much have increased your spending (or started spendind in the first place) to off set my vote

DeletedUser20367

im curious how much money the Developers have lost since the terrible rule changes to GvG a few weeks ago? Last Sunday i normally would have spent $80 but not now. Not ever again unless they take away the siege troop cost and the 24 hour wait if you release a sector.

If I had to guess (and it's ONLY a guess) I would say that there probably hasn't been a drastic change in diamond spending or perhaps the diamonds that were once spent on GvG are now spent on GE.

The people who have said that Inno 'follows the money' are absolutely right. They're a business, they have to. Of the major changes that I've seen since I started playing a year ago the one that sticks out is the change in GvG recalc time. There have been complaints before. There have been threads with dozens, even hundreds of complaints before (see the thread about unbalanced GB points on the EN forum). This never had much, if any effect on Inno's decision to modify or roll-back a change until the change in recalc time. THAT change was reversed with amazing speed and I can only conclude that Inno did see a significant drop in revenue after the initial change.

Personally, I'm indifferent to these changes. I play on the newer worlds and haven't run into the problems that these changes were intended to fix so my GvG activities haven't been effected. One thing that I AM sure of is that if the changes were indeed reversed there would be people coming to the forum and forcefully making their displeasure known. Which side has more players supporting it? Who knows?

lemonwedgie

No proposals because many chose to leave the game and go inactive while lurking in the forum to see if the changes will be reverted... in 2 years.

Not enough energy to put out a proposition and start fighting against "sarcastic-know-it-all super-fighters and managers-emperors of super-powerful-forever-great guilds" that support these changes :D:D:p:p

Same old crowd - yet to see a key player actually leave because of the changes ... some wouldn't be missed ;-)

DeletedUser23537

So I am back to say GvG is a freaking joke now with no movements what-so-ever for days! Talk about STAGNATION!

To the people crying about tower points-
Lol, who cares about Tower points when you run out of reasons for Medals. The AF map is a joke.

srgt.slaughter hit the head on the nail!

We have always been a smaller guild! Try recruiting in an older world like Cirgard and tell me how it goes.

And to pygalgia- Wake up and realize this game is not RL, its a game for all to have fun supposedly, big guilds and small ones!

Kuddos to Lichilippr! I am glad you stated what you did. :)

MAYBE IF INNO ACTUALLY READS THIS THEY WILL SEE HOW MANY ARE IN DISAGREEMENT WITH THE NEW CHANGES, AND HOW SO MANY ARE, OR HAVE LEFT BECAUSE OF SO!

Walrus, your an idiot! This change most definitely has hurt smaller guilds that dont want to be apart of some big "agenda" of sorts. Most have left instead of propose since INNO DOESN'T LISTEN TO ANYONE'S CONCERNS ANYWAYS!

Thomas 105 the prophet hit the head on the nail!

Deathmjp has stated the facts; Inno has killed this game.

I DON'T SPEND MONEY FREQUENTLY ON THIS GAME, BUT I HAVE CONTRIBUTED SOME MYSELF.

Lemon, there was always a strategy before even with no troop costs for GvG, it was all in timing. You don't even play in C world anymore and from what I gather, really only play in G. Most "key" players are gone and not playing in C and in F.

To quaccy? BALANCED? Lol, stagnation is balance? LOL!

Ditto and Kudos to darkbox! INNO WON"T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE AND ADDRESS THE CHEATING I PROVIDED SCREEN SHOTS OF, LET ALONE ANSWER A TICKET!

DeletedUser23537

Jaelis will probably take down my post like he has taken down all the others because INNO TRIES TO HUSH THE PLAYERS WITH INTEGRITY!
Funny how I see post here with vulgarity and they are still on the thread.
Double standard? OH YEAH!

qaccy

Jaelis will probably take down my post like he has taken down all the others because INNO TRIES TO HUSH THE PLAYERS WITH INTEGRITY!

Posts don't get deleted for 'the man keeping you down' reasons, unlike what you want to believe. If a post is removed, it's because it broke one or more rules in the code of conduct, and no, 'disagreeing with Inno' is not against any of those rules. I'm not even a mod and I can tell you that much.

To get back on topic, GvG is hardly stagnant. Just because you no longer get endless phantom sieges which never made any sense to begin with, does not mean the sky is falling. You can yell all you'd like, and try saying you're in tune with every single player in the game's thoughts, but that doesn't make you any less of a minority than you are. And the changes are all still much better for the GvG environment than how it was before. It was just the way it was for so long, people started taking broken, loophole-filled mechanics for granted. That doesn't make them any less broken and it's good that they got fixed. Now you actually need resources to fight instead of just a fast clicker. :)

Algona

Report the post. It's been my experience, unless it's excessive, the mods won't do much about the random 'ass' or 'crap' unless someone reports it.

Same seems to go for anti INNO posts. The mods don't seem to do much about them until someone goes way extreme.

DeletedUser3679

So I am back to say GvG is a freaking joke now with no movements what-so-ever for days! Talk about STAGNATION!

Don't know about the rest of this post (don't have time to look back), but I do definitely agree with this statement. To say or think that these new rules will somehow benefit small guilds at the expense of the big guilds with tons of resources and lots of fighters only tells me that that the mechanisms of fighting and holding sectors in GvG are not well understood. I am not bitter about this (I am in a big guild), but I do miss the action we used to have almost every day.

DeletedUser23537

qaccy- You evidently cannot read OR are a selective reader. Come to C world and see what GvG actions are taking place, or lack there of.

I don't have a top of the line computer nor do I want to be apart of a "super guild" or big guild or whatever your calling it today. Im not yelling, Im stating fact. And the majority on this thread dislike the changes. My guild has 1,000s, and I mean 1,000s of GvG goods from AF down and my traz is a Level 19. So goods and troops are not a factor here.

As many have also stated on here, this change just gave the land owning, or land hogging guilds, the advantage, along with the big guilds. I created my/our small guild over 2 years ago and have never jumped to gain points, as I never needed to do so. The 96 hour change was actually the best out of all changes to this log cause it attempts to deter the ghost guilds you spoke of.

Again, READ THE WHOLE RESPONSE, and come to C world and try to recruit, so I can laugh at you when you find out.

I finished this game months ago, and really have/had no urge to play other than GvG. Now, its not even worth doing that...

qaccy

qaccy- You evidently cannot read OR are a selective reader. Come to C world and see what GvG actions are taking place, or lack there of.

I don't have a top of the line computer nor do I want to be apart of a "super guild" or big guild or whatever your calling it today. Im not yelling, Im stating fact. And the majority on this thread dislike the changes. My guild has 1,000s, and I mean 1,000s of GvG goods from AF down and my traz is a Level 19. So goods and troops are not a factor here.

As many have also stated on here, this change just gave the land owning, or land hogging guilds, the advantage, along with the big guilds. I created my/our small guild over 2 years ago and have never jumped to gain points, as I never needed to do so. The 96 hour change was actually the best out of all changes to this log cause it attempts to deter the ghost guilds you spoke of.

Again, READ THE WHOLE RESPONSE, and come to C world and try to recruit, so I can laugh at you when you find out.

I finished this game months ago, and really have/had no urge to play other than GvG. Now, its not even worth doing that...

I could likewise tell you to check out D world, where the maps are still extremely active in the higher ages. Is that enough to invalidate your reasoning? Probably not, but it's enough to at least say that there's still plenty of GvG happening. It just requires more thought and consideration now, as it should. I won't deny that there are far fewer shields bouncing around every day, but the vast majority of those were just point farms and so can hardly be considered actual GvG.

Majority of a thread =! majority of the playerbase. jaelis nicely tallied it up after your post, but not even 50 opinions out of at least hundreds of active players? And that's being very conservative. That number isn't even a majority of GvG players, and yes, there are still more playing in GvG than there are who've quit playing as well (many folks threaten to quit and use various other hyperbole, but it's all just fluff and they never go anywhere).

Goods were never a factor for guilds with few sectors, and troops are only not an issue right now because it was over a year of not having to spend units on sieges. That's a long time for troops to pool up basically unimpeded.

As a final point, you're here complaining about stagnation...instead of stirring the pot yourself. Why is that? The only thing that's changed about the act of attacking another sector is that it costs 8 troops to do it.

lemonwedgie

Lemon, there was always a strategy before even with no troop costs for GvG, it was all in timing. You don't even play in C world anymore and from what I gather, really only play in G. Most "key" players are gone and not playing in C and in F.

Correct - and I stopped playing in C world because of GvG .... chaos, no strategy and honour/integrity is almost non-exsistent people screwing over agreements every day. You cannot play using "timing" when lag is so bad and everything relies on your *ping* and Inno force everyone to fight at recal. Most key players started falling on the wayside months ago ... thats online games for you in general.

And yes, more in this thread are opposed - that doesn't mean more in the game are opposed .... those who are not opposed are quietly enjoying the game and thankful that it has gone back to being a game and not a way of life, arranging your real life around a timer ....

Last edited: