• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.86 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

We are interested in your thoughts, comments and suggestions. Please place your feedback for Changelog 1.86 here.

Thank you for your interest!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser23123

You had a few things about Units. Don't know if this going on with anyone else but, in Noarsil. My Late Middle Age Catapult is flickering during GE. Could contact Support. Figure give this a try before writing up a Tickets

lemur

Sometime during September serious Flash errors began to occur every time, which completely crash the operating system. This occurs with my Safari browser and with the Chrome browser of some of my friends.

The game is now virtually unplayable.

Hovering over any building causes the computer to lock up, necessitating a cold reboot.

Last edited:

DeletedUser23123

I went back to check the bugs fix your going to make. I not seeing any of these bugs. So far the only bug I got is the Catapult and the Event History showing up late during load up. Also that pesty Flashing thing for the Inventory Tab.

qaccy

So, regarding the addition to the announcement that states Surrogate Soldiers are becoming a ranged unit with the update - are they going to be changed in any other way besides unit type? In particular the fact that they currently have a bonus against ranged units, but they also have relatively low range for a high-age ranged unit. I guess that second part is just my opinion, though!

DeletedUser8152

Yes, having a bonus against itself is pointless. They just cancel out.

DeletedUser13838

Plus they have stealth in plains so even more pointless. Pointlesser?

qaccy

This change also mentions the dragon drone, which isn't currently announced (along with the rest of AF 3) to be releasing on the live servers. And an interesting third point is that this change hasn't been implemented nor even mentioned as coming to beta, which you'd think would happen first before it was changed here. This all seems rather odd!

Ylisaveta

this change hasn't been implemented nor even mentioned as coming to beta, which you'd think would happen first before it was changed here. This all seems rather odd!

Darkstar answered this question today on beta forum. Live servers got the announcement first because the fix is being bundled with the 1.86 update. Beta gets the fix on Monday, and it will be announced on the daily changelog.

DeletedUser2355

Ever since all age was launched here is a serious lag when selecting troops. Placing sieges can sometimes lock the game up and force me to refresh. I Imagine this might have something to do with sorting so many troops when the filter is set to all versus attached troops. I say his because when I set to attached the lag is somewhat alleviated. This does not really help though because I need to access all those unattached troops.

I see there is an attempt to fix this with this update. I play on BETA and assuming they have already implemented the same fix there I saw no difference. This is a problem that really needs to be priority # 1.

DeletedUser9167

Darkstar answered this question today on beta forum. Live servers got the announcement first because the fix is being bundled with the 1.86 update. Beta gets the fix on Monday, and it will be announced on the daily changelog.

Well, while addressing a reasonable concern raised by the new dragon units this change was COMPLETELY BOTCHED. They delayed to fix the obvious dumb issue of ranged having a bonus against ranged. But we are left with an almost useless unit that makes no sense as a ranged unit with less range than a heavy and a skill called "close quarters" with bonus for attacking adjacent units. NONSENSE.

DeletedUser24624

I saw a brief, and badly coded message this morning that AF3 was to be released tomorrow. Then it mysteriously disappeared. Is this still happening? I have seen no notification on the forum about it.

DeletedUser8152

AF3 has not yet been announced for this server, but it should be coming soon.

DeletedUser18976

The change to the surrogates, w out changing it's range or other attributes now makes it about as useless as the other 2 arctic troops. Recon raiders are horrible and can't get close enough before being killed as a fast unit to be useful. Fortresses seemed ok at first, but a stealthed hover tank is still better IMO. I thought the surrogates were great before, as they were stealth and could retaliate when attacked from an adjacent sector, making them great for taking out units that could not target stealth units and had to move in close. Now they can't do damage when hit, have a terrible range value for a "ranged" unit type, and I don't remember what/if the combat skill besides stealth was before, but what's the point of a ranged unit having to move to the adjacent sector to do more damage. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

I hope this new dragon drone or whatever is amazing, bc with this change to the surrogates, nothing in arctic seems all that great to me any longer.

qaccy

The change to the surrogates, w out changing it's range or other attributes now makes it about as useless as the other 2 arctic troops. Recon raiders are horrible and can't get close enough before being killed as a fast unit to be useful. Fortresses seemed ok at first, but a stealthed hover tank is still better IMO. I thought the surrogates were great before, as they were stealth and could retaliate when attacked from an adjacent sector, making them great for taking out units that could not target stealth units and had to move in close. Now they can't do damage when hit, have a terrible range value for a "ranged" unit type, and I don't remember what/if the combat skill besides stealth was before, but what's the point of a ranged unit having to move to the adjacent sector to do more damage. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

I hope this new dragon drone or whatever is amazing, bc with this change to the surrogates, nothing in arctic seems all that great to me any longer.

Battle fortresses are still good. Hover tanks may have stealth, but they don't hit hard enough in expeditions and pretty much always take the max 4 damage when struck due to their low defense. Rail guns are still the primary unit to use for GE, but in battles where rail guns don't work I've been performing much better with BFs than with HTs.

Anyway, I agree that changing surrogates from light to ranged units (and their ranged bonus to light) but not touching anything else looks clumsy and makes them much worse overall. They were designed as light units in the first place. You can't just change their type without doing anything else and have them still be okay. Close quarters is a horrible ability for a unit that can't retaliate, and they while they may have more range than dragon drones (which were originally planned to be ranged units), they still fall far short of other ranged units because the rest of their attributes are aligned with melee/light units. Hoping they can be looked at and changed further to have attributes appropriate to what they are now.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9167

Battle fortresses are still good. Hover tanks may have stealth, but they don't hit hard enough in expeditions and pretty much always take the max 4 damage when struck due to their low defense. Rail guns are still the primary unit to use for GE, but in battles where rail guns don't work I've been performing much better with BFs than with HTs.

Ugh. That's not the point. The point is they screwed up the surrogate unit. FIX IT! Should have longer range and different skill. Why didn't they try THIS in beta?
(and for goodness sake, should we be glad/surprised a higher age Heavy has some advantage over a lower age one? It's expected)

DeletedUser8152

Just speculating, but what would it take to make them worthwhile? Drop the close quarters ability, that is pointless. But I think if the range went up to say 14, they would be an effective unit.