• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.93 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave your comments here or visit us on Facebook! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser5111

Forgetting the update comment where you removed the "visit" button from clicking on names and now the players have to click on the profile pic after clicking on the..... profile pic.

At least, that is what you all poorly did in Beta, no one asked for, and didn't give reason as to why it was put in.

Oh, and you all also changed how the GB icon works next to profiles. You can view all the GBs and their contributions in their city without ever visiting their city. Or did that not make it from Beta yet either?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2355

Forgetting the update comment where you removed the "visit" button from clicking on names and now the players have to click on the profile pic after clicking on the..... profile pic.

At least, that is what you all poorly did in Beta, no one asked for, and didn't give reason as to why it was put in.

Oh, and you all also changed how the GB icon works next to profiles. You can view all the GBs and their contributions in their city without ever visiting their city. Or did that not make it from Beta yet either?
Yes that is one of the most important changes over on BETA. Did you all forget?

DeletedUser27889

I'm awaiting other commentators who may be able to see/read something I'm missing but all that sounded pretty great to me.

I am VERY happy to see great buildings in event history or at least shown anywhere other than a pop up. I've been waiting for this since I started playing. While event history is pretty bogged down, to me this is much more important info than taverns. It'll be interesting to see what the new coin/aid amounts will be. Does it start at 20 for stone age and go up or has it been lowered for them? I guess we'll see but personally just very happy about the GB thing. I would have preferred it in with the Great Buildings section so it didn't clear out as frequently but either way it's an improvement.

DeletedUser5111

I'm awaiting other commentators who may be able to see/read something I'm missing but all that sounded pretty great to me.

I am VERY happy to see great buildings in event history or at least shown anywhere other than a pop up. I've been waiting for this since I started playing. While event history is pretty bogged down, to me this is much more important info than taverns. It'll be interesting to see what the new coin/aid amounts will be. Does it start at 20 for stone age and go up or has it been lowered for them? I guess we'll see but personally just very happy about the GB thing. I would have preferred it in with the Great Buildings section so it didn't clear out as frequently but either way it's an improvement.

It's around 290 coins at AF and decreases by around 20 coins every age below that. (afaik)

DeletedUser10925

The change to the trading system is horrible... when you want to create an offer it doesn't matter which goods it goes to when you click the drop down box.. but it should stay with the group of goods you scroll to until you leave the trading window like it currently does. So with the update instead of scrolling once to get to the group of goods you want to trade you have to re-scroll every time you click the drop down box.. because most people don't just trade the latest goods every time... but usually trade lower age goods.. so its a lot of unnecessary scrolling.

DeletedUser26965

• Now you can see Great Building events in your event history and keep track of Great Buildings reaching new levels you contributed to.
  • If a trade offer expired you now get notified in your event history.
Not really sure of the usefulness to either of those but okay.

• As the 20 coins for aiding other people were not that rewarding in higher eras, the coin value you get for aiding now increases with your progress through the ages!

That makes sense, thank you.

• When clicking on the trade button in the research tree the good is preselected in the trade window.

Never did that anyway.

• When you want to create an offer the dropdown is directly on your latest goods.

Good, thank you.

• It is now directly visible in the social bar if you have open friend requests.

I'd rather it be seats opens but whatever. And since I have to scroll through my entire list multiple times a day just to see if seats are open I fail to see the usefulness of this function.

• New friend requests are at the beginning of the list while your invitations can be found at the end.

Really I would rather them all be at the end with who I invited taking priority.

• The behavior when using the Store Building-item was changed a little bit: now it is visible that a building would be theoretically storable, but it is not at the moment because of population.

Seemed to work just fine before.

• Since there are no immediate plans to use the gift buttons in the inventory, we removed them.

Well that only took, years lol.

• After unlocking a technology in the tech tree which unlocks new buildings, the new buildings will be indicated in the building menu.

That's okay I guess.

Bugs

• We announced a 29th premium expansion with the 4th part of the Arctic Future, but this one was not usable in the game. This has been fixed.

Always nice to get expansions, always need more.

• The Rail Gun's "Power Shot" ability was not ignoring the Force Field ability. The description has been adjusted.

please, let us not mention "RG", ever again, just slip that stuff in.

• Sometimes the icon for the Friends Tavern in the social bar showed a wrong status. This should not happen anymore.

Thank you.

• The trading of blueprints was not always working correctly.

Oh god, how? Like, were we losing prints? Will we get them back?

• When collecting the 10th Forge Point from a table cloth the timer started again at 60 minutes. Now it remembers the time as it should.

So how many fp's did I lose?

• The Relic icon in the Guild Expeditions did not gray out immediately after collecting all open relics. Now it should always display the correct status.

Thank you, that always drove me nuts.

• The game was sometimes freezing when paging through the ages on the GvG Map. This should not happen again.

It sometimes freezes when loading troops too. Players report all kinds of lag and lock-up in regards to GvG but I'm glad to see at least one aspect of that being addressed.
  • We fixed some translation issues.

se habla ingles?

Other:
As mentioned above two things are not on the list. Currently on live when you click a persons name it has "Visit City" in the drop down, on Beta this has been removed. I never used that anyway to visit anyone, just clicked on their avatar.

Currently on live when you click on the GB icon next to the avatar all it does is take you to that persons city. The best addition on Beta is that instead of taking you to their city it opens a new window that lists all of their great buildings just like the window for GB's that you're contributing to in the town hall. And it has an "open" button which directly opens the GB, you never actually go to the persons city through any of that. God I hope this makes it live. All else pales in comparison to this.

DeletedUser24873

Yes that is one of the most important changes over on BETA. Did you all forget?

I don't think all changes that have been implemented in Beta are always moved forward into the live servers just because we are using them in Beta. What they have listed is what made the cut for this update, the other changes may come in later updates. So I don't think anything was forgotten, just not ready yet.

Algona

The new GB window is great. Ya know, i think I would like to see the same list for my GBs.

DeletedUser8152

This has been updated now in the announcment.

I like have the GB contributions easily accessible. Clicking twice on the avatar is a bit weird I agree but I think the easy GB access would be worth it. Have to see I guess.

DeletedUser26965

Thank the game gods hallelujah lol.
  • From now on, clicking the Great Buildings icon on the social bar will open a new Great Buildings overview window that lists all Great Buildings of the respective player:
    newgboverview.png

From that window you can open level-up screen of any of the listed Great Buildings without visiting the player!
    The Great Buildings link was also added to the context menu in the messaging system:
    newgbitem.png

It replaces the "Visit" link. You can of course still visit players - this is now achieved by clicking on the player avatar in the context menu.
    Please note: this feature will not be available directly after update. It will be activated within a few hours.

DeletedUser28204

Love the GB notes in the event logs. WIll make it much easier to figure out why I have a bunch more FPs in my inventory and who I should be searching through their GBs for the next target.

Overall if it works well, it should be a nice update overall.

DeletedUser2355

The change to the trading system is horrible... when you want to create an offer it doesn't matter which goods it goes to when you click the drop down box.. but it should stay with the group of goods you scroll to until you leave the trading window like it currently does. So with the update instead of scrolling once to get to the group of goods you want to trade you have to re-scroll every time you click the drop down box.. because most people don't just trade the latest goods every time... but usually trade lower age goods.. so its a lot of unnecessary scrolling.
Absolutely agree. Needs to be fixed ASAP

DeletedUser28016

What and when are you planning to do with the Gift button?

Nice, can't wait! The event for Valentine's day is surely interesting and fun!

DeletedUser28016

This does sound worse than the existing system. Cross our fingers they fixed that part of it to stay on your last selected item when doing multiple trades.

I played on beta and sadly as far as I remember you still have to scroll for multiple trades :( I'll double check and update if this is not true.

*Confirmed true*