1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Changes to DNSL feedback.

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Stephen Longshanks, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns or comments about the announced change to proposal format requirements, please post them here. You can find the announcement here. You can read the new DNSL here.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Lancer likes this.
  2. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Noticed that bringing PC functions to Mobile went missing. Seems a good one to retain.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  3. Stephen Longshanks

Thanks for noticing that. Fixed.

4. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

good way to wipe out my half formed idea bank!:p

barra370804 likes this.
  5. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Recommend explicitly stating in the Dnsl whether or not hypothetical discussion of Dnsl items is permitted in Forge Hall.

Otherwise looks good. Thanks.

6. dpghost

dpghost Member

Talk has always been beneficial.
    You feel you don't want to vote on it - ok, don't vote, but let us talk
    It looks like censorship

barra370804 likes this.
  7. hjh102

hjh102 Well-Known Member

"Do Not Suggest" means do not propose to Inno (and it might be a good idea to state that explicitly to reduce snarky posts) . So keep it out of the Proposals section, take it to Forge Hall or Questions.

8. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Well-Known Member

It seems to have gotten stricter.

9. qaccy

qaccy Well-Known Member

Taking the two proposal updates together, it appears that there are now fewer things that are allowed for submission, but these things are also easier to submit due to relaxed requirements for format. So it's likely that, at least for a time, there will be a lot less 'not in proper format' posts and a lot more 'this is on the DNSL' posts.

DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  10. Stephen Longshanks

The DNSL is for proposals. Forbidding discussion of DNSL items would have to be covered in the Forum Rules...but I don't see that happening.
    Talk is what Forge Hall is for. This covers the Proposals section only. Feel free to talk...within the Forum Rules.

11. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

Yeah, looks to me like just about everything is on there. Should quiet down the "Proposals" section...

12. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Right. Now gp back and reread my post. I say I want an explkicit statement whether its OK or not.

Historically whenever anyone has brought up Dnsl stuff on Forge Hall posters have dismissed the topic with 'That's Dnsl!'.

So why not squelch that all too frequent objection now by explicitly saying in the Dnsl that it's OK to discuss Dnsl items in Forge Hall?

Otherwise you know certain posters will object every time they see someone talking about Dnsl stuff in Forge Ha;, then object more when mods tell them it;s OK inevitably leading to editing and deleting of posts and whining and sniveling endlessy about getting posts edited and deleted.

Volodya and DreadfulCadillac like this.
  13. Stephen Longshanks

Well, you know, now that we've put every conceivable item on the DNSL, I'll have a lot of free time on my hands. What better way to spend it than deleting and editing posts in Forge Hall? I mean, if we get the Forum so it can run itself, I'll be out of a job! ;)

Algona and DreadfulCadillac like this.
  14. barra370804

barra370804 Well-Known Member

yeah, but isn't being a moderator a volunteer job?

15. barra370804

but as far as how I feel about it, pretty much everything I have proposed is on there XD. If you happen to come across an old proposal of mine that violates the new DNSL, feel free to close it. For example, the trading units proposal.

16. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

the majority of things i have ever proposed acctualy STILL ARNT ON DNSL!! i belive LOL

17. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

I think that deciding whether something is DNSL should be the moderator's job, and anyone else posting such nonsense should be warned for pretending to be a moderator. (And the offending post deleted, of course.)

18. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

Damn..I was just about to propose a new GB that would rotate, strengthen your units and provide diamonds while negating pvp attack and lengthening the fp bar by 10 for every level. Great idea, too...I would have put that badboy up for voting immediately...aww, well, such is life in FoE....

19. barra370804

99% sure that was sarcastic but if it wasn't pls kill me

20. B1ackWo1f

B1ackWo1f Active Member

I like the new change to the DSNL, should have been done sooner.