• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changing Account Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser34436

Is it possible to change my account name directly or can administrators do it? I just had my city in Angkor banned for “improper naming.”

Never mind having used this same handle in-game for nearly three years.

Since “butt” and / or “booty” are now suddenly offensive words, I would like to find something that administrators can’t possibly interpret as offensive so as not to put my other cities at risk. I checked the rules beforehand many times to make sure that I hadn’t broken them. If those are sexually explicit, I didn’t realize their definition was so strict.

Is there a prepared list of acceptable names I could use so I could know for positive and for sure they won’t ever possibly be offended? It’s not even a joke. I am seriously asking if they have set out pre-approved nomenclature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You would need to contact in-game support to investigate changing your name. Since they have deemed it offensive, it seems to me (I could be wrong) that they should be willing to accommodate you.

DeletedUser34436

You would need to contact in-game support to investigate changing your name. Since they have deemed it offensive, it seems to me (I could be wrong) that they should be willing to accommodate you.

I have. And I really hope so. I don’t want all my cities in danger due to something unintentional. Just running into this now after years of playing with no warning whatsoever is infuriating.

DeletedUser34436

They’re rescinding the ban and changing my handle name, so it’ll be alright now.

Would you or another moderator close this thread for me since it’s kinda answered and there’s nothing left to say?

Or not, if that’s not right. I don’t really know the etiquette. I just thought it’d be more prudent of me to ask for that. I’m still trying to adjust.

DeletedUser

They’re rescinding the ban and changing my handle name, so it’ll be alright now.

Would you or another moderator close this thread for me since it’s kinda answered and there’s nothing left to say?

Or not, if that’s not right. I don’t really know the etiquette. I just thought it’d be more prudent of me to ask for that. I’m still trying to adjust.
Glad it's a positive resolution. And I will close the thread for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.