• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Changing Email Address

Kaidi

I've written support and they keep telling me I can change my email address under the Profile tab. I've sent screenshots to show that it's not there...only delete city and change password are there. They suggested clearing cache, which I had done anyway, but did again. I've tried Chrome (my normal browser). I cleared the Flash cache, and tried IE11 and the latest version of Firefox.

It's not there.

Any clue?

Thanks.

DeletedUser

I've written support and they keep telling me I can change my email address under the Profile tab. I've sent screenshots to show that it's not there...only delete city and change password are there. They suggested clearing cache, which I had done anyway, but did again. I've tried Chrome (my normal browser). I cleared the Flash cache, and tried IE11 and the latest version of Firefox.

It's not there.

Any clue?

Thanks.
I use Chrome. When I go to Town Hall, click on Profile, then Account at bottom left, it goes to a tab that has Change Email above Change Password and Delete City. I think @Emberguard is on the right track for you. People that got to this game through Facebook seem to have all sorts of account problems down the line.

Kaidi

This is from Chrome:
upload_2018-11-28_19-1-56.png

This is from Firefox:

upload_2018-11-28_19-3-43.png

And it's just the regular web game, not Facebook. (e.g. us6.forgeofempires.com) Three years ago it was FB for a couple of days. lol.

It's mysterious.

Kaidi

I get them at the email address I'm trying to change. lol. I only check that one about once a month. Email gets there fine. (Changed my password today, as a matter of fact.) Good thought, though.

Kaidi

I wonder if I could do it on my tablet? (Though it'll drive me nuts that it's not working right on the computer. I'm an IT mgr/DBA/programmer. lol.)

Kaidi

Nope. No accounts button on the profile tab in Android, and nothing I'm seeing under settings.

Emberguard

Can you see the delete and change password buttons on Android? If the email button is there at all it'll between those two on mobile

Kaidi

No, I don't see the delete and change password buttons on Android...but honestly, I *rarely* load the game on android. Probably a dozen times total. So it's possible I'm just missing it.

Kaidi

I see - the sign in for the app is handled via Google play (so can't change the password in FOE) and the delete city button IS in the list. But no email address.

I wonder if I tried HTML5? It didn't go well last time, but it's been a while.

Kaidi

Nope, not in HTML 5, either. I wonder if it is because I play both with the web version and Google play? Maybe that means the game won't allow me to change the email address for the web version, because Google handles all the login stuff for the app version?

Emberguard

unknown.png

Check that you're both in the right server and clicking Login not anything below that (Note: I use apple - also I have an outdated app, should be 1.140 by now)

DeletedUser

And it's just the regular web game, not Facebook. (e.g. us6.forgeofempires.com) Three years ago it was FB for a couple of days.
When you say it was FB for a couple of days, was that when you initially started playing?

Kaidi

When you say it was FB for a couple of days, was that when you initially started playing?

Yeah, that was when I initially started playing. There was a quest in the first day or two (for 50 medals, I think - wheeeee!) that required a web account, not an FB account. So I wrote technical support and they fixed it for me, somehow.

Kaidi

Check that you're both in the right server and clicking Login not anything below that (Note: I use apple - also I have an outdated app, should be 1.140 by now)

I can log in fine on my server both on Android and on the computer. I just don't get a button to change an email. When I login on Android it looks just about like your screenshot, except it says Google instead of Game Center.

Maybe if I delete it completely and reinstall it. (Do you have a place to change email in your app?)

Kaidi

Ironically, Google Play uses the email address that I want to use for my account. lol. But I don't get email there, because loading it on my tablet was just an afterthought.

DeletedUser

I can log in fine on my server both on Android and on the computer. I just don't get a button to change an email. When I login on Android it looks just about like your screenshot, except it says Google instead of Game Center.

Maybe if I delete it completely and reinstall it. (Do you have a place to change email in your app?)
I have a place to change email both on the browser and in the app. I never used Facebook for this account, though. I once had another account through Facebook, but I haven't tried to play it in a couple of years. Might not still be there, and I don't remember what the user name for it was now anyway.

Kaidi

Yeah I get change email option on mobile settings
Well, huh. I assumed that it was something on my machine, but the odds of my machine AND my tablet being screwed up are probably quite a bit lower. I think I loaded it on my husband's phone at some point (which is a lot newer/higher end than my tablet), so I can try that, or I could try a browser on his computer. If I still can't get it, then it is an account issue and I will bug it.