• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changing of Daily Calculation Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Please let us know any thoughts you may have about changing the Daily Calculation time. We like hearing from you!

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser10517

Won't the 'issues' still be a factor if all youre doing is changing the time?

DeletedUser10415

10AM??!! So daily calculation, which figures so greatly into GvG strategy, is now going to be at a time when hardly anyone is online? This is going to piss a lot of people off.

DeletedUser18851

If you can't figure out how to fix the load on the server when everyone is online and fighting, I guess you just change recalc time to when most people are at work so there is less load on the servers. Great fix Inno, people will absolutely love it. This is not a fix at all, it is a change that render many people incapable of sustaining their GvG efforts and thus fairly contradictory to the intentions of improving the "user experience". What on Earth are they thinking?

DeletedUser17558

Everybody has to adjust to the time. Plan ahead if you want to keep your stuff. Maybe some enterprising guild will be able to get enough players on during the day and open up some of those beaches, heaven knows no one can do it at 8PM when everyone is watching.

DeletedUser11724

this is GARBAGE!!!! you are making it so people who work cannot protect or defend their sectors....if this sticks..i will find a new game and leave this one ASAP and my diamond money will go with me
need to change times...make it later in the evening so everyone can be around to protect their sectors from people who do nothing but play games all day....

DeletedUser8796

Yeah ..... epic fail.... YES! you reduced lag!...by making it recalculate when 2/3 of the players can't be on to fight....

DeletedUser20794

this is a bad idea! it would be better if you just upgraded YOUR server, spend some of the money that WE spend on diamonds and UPGRADE your server!

DeletedUser22509

This will be a death blow for GVG. Only a few folks around. 10 AM EST = 7 AM west coast. This a bad bad bad move. You just excluded 90% of your players from GVG.

DeletedUser2344

Well, as the above has stated, this kills GvG for anyone that works a full time day job, um, you know those individuals that can afford a few diamonds. The majority of action happens at reset with taking and rebubbling hexes which is why the server is inundated at that time. so now only retired, unemployed or those on the night shift can play GvG. So instead of increasing the servers capability you make it so the majority can't play. No reason to hang around then.

shawnisit

Ridiculous!!! Just like everyone already said.. normal people are working then and this is a huge fail.
I would think that the majority of people would rather deal with the lag and getting booted like we have dealt with lately rather than to have such a threat to total map changes go on while being offline. Maybe pushing it forward or back an hour or 2 would have been a better decission than just putting the boot to the common player.

Last edited:

qaccy

Remember that this change goes both ways and affects both attackers and defenders. :) It's also the users, not Inno, who have decided to only 'participate' in GvG right during calculation, instead of taking advantage of the other 23 hours and 50 minutes during the day.

Also, as someone who does work the night shift and thus could not be online during the old calculation time, I welcome this change! My guild also has a fair few players overseas who this could benefit as well. I do think that other aspects of GvG should have been changed first, but I don't mind this at all. :D

DeletedUser8796

Actually.... i can use this to my advantage just move my break during the work days and i can fight gvg with really limited enemies, no defending, no resieging, this should be fun !

DeletedUser5689

Short sighted decision

The decision to change the daily calculation time to a time when very few are on is very poor. Also, it effectively lessens the time that a guild receives on a new GvG sector since most GvG fighting is done in the evening. When is was at 8 pm, many guilds could coordinate a battle soon after the calculation and trickle in their defenses until the next evening. So now those defenses need to be placed by 10 am! This further strengthens the strongest guilds and weakens the smaller one. If this is what you intended to do, mission accomplished.

DeletedUser21651

This is BS! We lost protection on sectors without the chance to fill them up. You should have warned us instead of just doing it.

adficere

I've sat quietly during some very questionable GvG changes that already turned GvG from an entertaingly rough, rugged and active game of war to one of fairly limited engagements due to unwise limitations on HQ movements and an inability to drop a HQ tile. But now we're going to take the all-important reset period, where the heavy majority of strategy and battling takes place, and toss it in the midst of the work day when most people can't even attend it? Unbelievable.

Others have said this is an epic fail. I think that's being too charitable.

DeletedUser11824

A change of this magnitude should be announced at least 72 hours ahead of time. You have no problem posting promotional messages and pop-ups, why couldn't you give us notice of this. Your first notice pops up an hour AFTER the fact!! No bueno!!

DeletedUser20794

well changing the time didnt solve the issue!!!!!!!!!!! so now what are you gonna do! here's an idea change the time back and upgrade the servers to accomodate everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser18851

Also, after the current reset that just happened, we took a tile and cannot move our HQ. The HQ move from last cycle is apparently still active. I guess this will just take a day to work out of the system.

DeletedUser20219

Terrible idea

Wow what a terrible move guys....GvG will fade, players are already wanting to leave now since most people are not online at that time!!!

Please let us know any thoughts you may have about changing the Daily Calculation time. We like hearing from you!

Your Forge of Empires Team