• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changing of Daily Calculation Feedback

DeletedUser23144

IT NOT THE RIGHT THING! THE NEW GUILD WON'T BE ABLE TO GET A SHOT NOW....WELL IM NOT BUYING DIAMONDS AGAIN I WILL JUST HAVE TO DO MY WAY. AND I WILL MAKE A PROPOSAL TO HAVE THE TIME CHANGE BACK TO 10AM OR MAKE IT NO PROTECTION WHATSOEVER

DeletedUser10789

Thank you INNO and to those who helped in a very creative manner to ensure the quality of the game continues.
Clearly there was an issue with the game and now they are going to fix it.
GREAT JOB all to those who actually were nice and had positive comments on this.
I am very happy to see that "the game" decided that players happiness is paramount to all of ours game play.
:)

DeletedUser23235

Jedi you are right not many people are going to like it.... they are going to LOVE it. Ty inno!

DeletedUser10789

Jedi you are right not many people are going to like it.... they are going to LOVE it. Ty inno!

Yes, they will LOVE IT. I am just happy that INNO did take note that there was an issue and problem (cough cough) on there end and NOT with someone's connection or computer and they ARE FIXING IT. I am also very happy that WE DO HAVE A VOICE AND WE HAVE BEEN HEARD. Please don't say we were not, we were all HEARD. It is not a perfect system, it is their system by which we play by. To change it and change the game they did was wrong and they DID THE RIGHT THING, by fixing or are fixing the issue at hand. GREAT JOB INNO and thank you so much for listening to a majority of your players.

qaccy

Bad news for me and others in the minority. :( I'm back to not being able to do anything, I guess...

Why does all GvG have to only happen in the first 30 minutes after reset, anyway? That's more of a problem caused by the players.

DeletedUser10789

Bad news for me and others in the minority. :( I'm back to not being able to do anything, I guess...

Why does all GvG have to only happen in the first 30 minutes after reset, anyway? That's more of a problem caused by the players.

qaccy,
I am sorry for your issues and for you not being able to help with GvG. I can say with personal experience, that we do not have all hands on deck when the timer goes down and resets. We have players from all over and all time zones. There are many ways you can help, if you are a guild leader, then do some day or night sieges. If you are not the leaders, ask them if you or they could do this so you can join in on the fun. For me, I find the game social and fun when you can talk and help someone. Also, when we discuss what to use, in guild chat, to beat troops and sieges. That's FUN to me. Some don't understand that, but it really is the little things. I am NO pro at this game and still in CE age. I like and enjoy the game. My game knowledge is not 100% and I am learning daily too. Now it has become more advanced stuff, but it is like life. When you are young, you learn things only to get older you learn how little you knew then and you try to learn more daily. If I can learn something each day, I will be way ahead in the long run. The most important part that anyone can and should take away from this is: "The Game" listened to the players and to the complaints most of us had. "The Game" decided to fix the game and NOW we will all be better off because of that. If you want to float a proposal for a different time, please see mine and duplicate it with different times. 8pm est. is not perfect for players on the West Coast either, still just remember what I wrote above. "The Game" changed it back, showed and prove we have a voice here and that speaks volumes.

DeletedUser23144

NO THEY R GOING TO HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, they will LOVE IT. I am just happy that INNO did take note that there was an issue and problem (cough cough) on there end and NOT with someone's connection or computer and they ARE FIXING IT. I am also very happy that WE DO HAVE A VOICE AND WE HAVE BEEN HEARD. Please don't say we were not, we were all HEARD. It is not a perfect system, it is their system by which we play by. To change it and change the game they did was wrong and they DID THE RIGHT THING, by fixing or are fixing the issue at hand. GREAT JOB INNO and thank you so much for listening to a majority of your players.

NO THEY R GOING TO HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QACCY I AGREE MANY PEOPLE THAT LIKE THE NEW CALC TIME IS GOING TO REALLY BE MAD MAYBE IF A NEW PROPOSAL TO CHANGE THE TIME BACK TO 10AM WONDER HOW MANY GOING TO VOTE FOR IT? I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO LIKE THE 10AM CALC TIME WILL VOTE ON IT

DeletedUser3556

A pathetic decision that benefits one time zone over all others yet again. Way to fold.

DeletedUser11609

DeletedUser17558

Really? So that many people on a US server wanted the time at 10am? You'd think they would have posted more.....

Support fixing the problem once and for all. https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?11046-Decouple-hex-protection-from-recalc
Let the players decide on combat times, instead of being forced into an arbitrary time determined by the game.

Before the initial change, there wasn't anyone on the forum extolling the virtues of the 8PM time, so why would there need to be support for the 10AM time after the change?

And the players didn't decide the intial combat time when GvG first came out, it just happened to be a convenient time for many. The initial 8PM time WAS the arbitrary time that you were FORCED to play to begin with.

I don't care one way or the other, I will fight GvG whenever, but the amount of butthurt on this thread was pretty epic. Looks like the whiners won.

DeletedUser11609

Before the initial change, there wasn't anyone on the forum extolling the virtues of the 8PM time, so why would there need to be support for the 10AM time after the change?

And the players didn't decide the intial combat time when GvG first came out, it just happened to be a convenient time for many. The initial 8PM time WAS the arbitrary time that you were FORCED to play to begin with.

I don't care one way or the other, I will fight GvG whenever, but the amount of butthurt on this thread was pretty epic. Looks like the whiners won.

You're whining, why didn't you win?
And if you really want things fixed properly, post in the proposal thread, fix it properly. I don't really like 5pm PST either, but it's better than 7am....

DeletedUser10415

Before the initial change, there wasn't anyone on the forum extolling the virtues of the 8PM time

Probably because it made sense. Just like nobody is on the forum extolling the virtues of being able to build new roads over old ones. Or countless other aspects of the game that make sense.

DeletedUser17558

Probably because it made sense. Just like nobody is on the forum extolling the virtues of being able to build new roads over old ones. Or countless other aspects of the game that make sense.

Made sense to who? It was an arbitrary choice by the developers. People adjusted to it. Then when things changed suddenly (which it should not have) there was whining. "The game isn't how I want it to be." I don't think it was handled well by Inno, but they put it back. If only the vocal minority felt this strong about other issues that have been raised.

DeletedUser10076

I was actually considering getting back into the game, until you folded on this INNO.

1. HOF
2. GHOST GUILDS
3. GVG POINT FARMING
4. LACK OF PVP PARTICIPATION
5. 1 DAMAGE MIN
6. LIGHTS CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO HEAD IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
7. 7 ROGUE 1 REAL

and many others

you know the REAL issues affecting the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10076

Made sense to who? It was an arbitrary choice by the developers. People adjusted to it. Then when things changed suddenly (which it should not have) there was whining. "The game isn't how I want it to be." I don't think it was handled well by Inno, but they put it back. If only the vocal minority felt this strong about other issues that have been raised.

if only indeed

DeletedUser11609

You keep arguing the point, without any proof that lots of people were ok with this change. Did it occur to you that the vocal minority might actually reflect a majority opinion?

DeletedUser8152

Frankly, I'd bet pretty good odds that the big majority of players just don't care one way or the other.

DeletedUser13838

Frankly, I'd bet pretty good odds that the big majority of players just don't care one way or the other.

Were there any proposals to change the original 8PM time? If not then I really don't understand the angst over changing it back.