• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changing of Daily Calculation Feedback

DeletedUser10789

Should this have been announced in a more professional fashion? Yes

Has this move actually helped the lag? No

Is the reaction to the move completely blown out of proportion? Yes

Do MOST games such as these have daily maintenance which they take down the servers for 10-15 minutes? Yes

Is it time for INNO do this for FOE? Honestly I don't know

Should such a maintenance be done during recalc? It would only make sense.

Should recalc or maintenance be done during a time where the servers are already overloaded due to high traffic? No

Again and most importantly...

Has the reaction to this change been blown out of proportion? Yes

Walrus,
First, thank you for your feedback and this is what is meant by the thread. Still, some are missing the real point here. The way Guilds are ranked are by GvG Points and as such, GvG plays a very important role to the game. Some players do not do GvG, there are several in our guild that don't and that's totally fine. The backlash is because of what this has caused, period. Our guild is quiet, guild fun time for GvG is no longer the way it once was. I know people have lives and many people work to play online games and that is great. To fundamentally change a game and the way in which guilds are ranked, "the game" has changed the way the game once was. A majority of people in the US who work for a living, are not able to be on at peek times for GvG which is now right after protection is off or 10am est. This is and way the issue at hand. Is 8pm est. perfect either, NO. That is not for me to say and it was NOT for me to decide. We have many in our guild for the west coast and they cannot get online at 8pm est., but are available later. I did not create this game and I did not create the way the re-calc. was decided on. I only play the game in front of me and I enjoy it. Because of this change, a lot of FUN of GvG, which our guild was getting back into fully, as we jumped from a 40's ranked guild to currently 21. Now this has caused a major slow down for our guild and as a co-leader of such guild I am worried. Should I try and recruit players who do not work these hours.? So, there are many questions left unanswered and I am sorry if you do not fully understand why people are upset by this. I am passionate about this topic, my family, my friends and my guild. If it is I, who has to answer these tuff questions and make these comments at the risk of being trolled (by some), then so be it. I will take that for the goal of the game, which we all play because we enjoy it. Please pardon me, if my passion for the game runs overs and I am upset by "the game" making these changes without notice to anyone. Let's be crystal clear, in order for any change to occur, there MUST be a plan for any change to happen. Therefore, "the game" knew that they were making a change and to withhold notice is WRONG. To change the game the way they did, is WRONG. To make changes to help the better functionality of the game, is RIGHT. So, make the changes the right way and FIX the real problem. Please don't put a Band-Aid on the problem and hope it will go away. We all know the problem still exists, so fix it. That's all anyone has asked here, PERIOD.

DeletedUser23144

Walrus,
I am upset by "the game" making these changes without notice to anyone. Let's be crystal clear, in order for any change to occur, there MUST be a plan for any change to happen. Therefore, "the game" knew that they were making a change and to withhold notice is WRONG. To change the game the way they did, is WRONG. To make changes to help the better functionality of the game, is RIGHT. So, make the changes the right way and FIX the real problem. Please don't put a Band-Aid on the problem and hope it will go away. We all know the problem still exists, so fix it. That's all anyone has asked here, PERIOD.[/QUOTE

NOW I WILL SAY IT AGAIN INNO CAN MAKE CHANGES WITHOUT NOTICE WITHOUT TELLING US, IT IS THEIR "GAME" THEY RUN IT NOT THE PLAYERS SO U R WRONG. PERIOD ON THAT SCORE

SECOND THE CHANGE IS APPLAUD BY MANY WHO WANTS THAT CHANGE. SO AGAIN WHAT U SAY IS WRONG, IS IN MANY RIGHT FOR THEM TO FIND THE PROBLEM FIRST THEY MAY HAD TO CLOSE SOME CODING OR "HIGHWAY" AS SOME PUT IT TO SEE WHERE THE PROBLEM I SO IF THAT WHAT MUST HAPPEN TO "FIX" THE PROBLEM SO BE IT. IF I WAS THERE I WOULD MORE THEN LIKELY DID THE SAME THING, AMONG OTHER THINGS TO IMPROVE THE GAME. THERE IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE SOME PEOPLE WHO SAYS INNO IS WRONG TO THIS OR THAT, BUT IN THE END SOMETIMES "JUSTIFIED THE MEANS" IS THAT THEY SOMETIME HAVE TO MAKE SOME BOLD CHANGES. PERIOD

DeletedUser17558

I understand the ramifications the change has for those who play GvG and even why they want it back the way it was, but if your guild got together to fight each night at 8PM why can't you still do that? I know the change has messed with strategy, but the time change doesn't have to change whether or not you actually fight. It may change your goals with regards to fighting or the reason why you fight, but does it matter whether you are fighting to farm points or to take a sector? If it is just to farm points, I have no sympathy for you, but fighting is fighting.

I have noticed that there are some new players in my hood who are now competitive for the tower. The usual suspects are still there as well. Anecdotal evidence is still anecdotal, but I am wondering if my experience in this observation is unique.

lemonwedgie

I have always said that 8pmEST wasn't the greatest time for recal - many of my guildies and friends on FoE have families so the evenings are for real life, for those on West coast it was the end of the working day again, real life stuff to do we cannot stop real life for GvG .... Recal suited the masses who only have to govern/be concerned about themselves. so I was in favour of moving recal BUT I don't agree that 10am was the right time to move it to.

Recal was all about the protection shield so why can't points etc recal at 10am, but protection shields run on a different time? People can say all they like about it being "strategy" - all being on ready at 8pm for the race ... no it wasn't, it was all about who could ditch real life on Inno's say-so and had the fastest internet speeds and could click like a mo/fo

DeletedUser11609

I understand the ramifications the change has for those who play GvG and even why they want it back the way it was, but if your guild got together to fight each night at 8PM why can't you still do that? I know the change has messed with strategy, but the time change doesn't have to change whether or not you actually fight. It may change your goals with regards to fighting or the reason why you fight, but does it matter whether you are fighting to farm points or to take a sector? If it is just to farm points, I have no sympathy for you, but fighting is fighting.

I have noticed that there are some new players in my hood who are now competitive for the tower. The usual suspects are still there as well. Anecdotal evidence is still anecdotal, but I am wondering if my experience in this observation is unique.

Why do you continue arguing this? You think if you post often enough, you'll change people's minds?
The problem is not attacking...it's never been about attacking. It's about holding hexes after you have taken them. What's the point in attacking anyone, when you will not be there the next morning to defend? All it takes is 1 or 2 early people against you...and you just wasted your night, back to square one....

DeletedUser13866

changing the recalc time might actually be a good move for INNo, since there were quite a few people complaining about it being held by just a few guilds. since people can't get on during the time the shields are dropped, now there's a chance for smaller guilds to see a part of the action, they just need to get on before the big guilds get their people on.:blink:

DeletedUser11609

changing the recalc time might actually be a good move for INNo, since there were quite a few people complaining about it being held by just a few guilds. since people can't get on during the time the shields are dropped, now there's a chance for smaller guilds to see a part of the action, they just need to get on before the big guilds get their people on.:blink:

And this makes sense in a pay to win game how? And why would you think this would help smaller guilds? Smaller == fewer players, less odds of having players on that time of day...

DeletedUser17558

Why do you continue arguing this? You think if you post often enough, you'll change people's minds?
The problem is not attacking...it's never been about attacking. It's about holding hexes after you have taken them. What's the point in attacking anyone, when you will not be there the next morning to defend? All it takes is 1 or 2 early people against you...and you just wasted your night, back to square one....

Because it is on topic and I want to. I think it is a relevant point to make in rebuttal to other posts. If you don't agree with it, fine, but I am still allowed to make the point.

If you can't be on when recalc happens, tough luck. I knew multiple people who couldn't be on during the previous recalc time, and I had no sympathy for them either. Just because people are affected by the change doesn't mean it is a big issue. In the long run, there will be enough turnover in the game that the people who complain enough will move on and the newer people, including diamond spenders, will replace them and be fine with the current paradigm.

DeletedUser11609

Because it is on topic and I want to. I think it is a relevant point to make in rebuttal to other posts. If you don't agree with it, fine, but I am still allowed to make the point.

If you can't be on when recalc happens, tough luck. I knew multiple people who couldn't be on during the previous recalc time, and I had no sympathy for them either. Just because people are affected by the change doesn't mean it is a big issue. In the long run, there will be enough turnover in the game that the people who complain enough will move on and the newer people, including diamond spenders, will replace them and be fine with the current paradigm.

Yes, makes perfect sense to cater to eurozone players on the American server? Beuller?

DeletedUser23144

And this makes sense in a pay to win game how? And why would you think this would help smaller guilds? Smaller == fewer players, less odds of having players on that time of day...

IT WOULD HELP THE SMALLER GUILD CUZ THEY R NORMALLY NEW GUILDS SO IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE AND BETTER ODDS FOR THEM TO GET TO DO SOMETHING THEY NORMALLY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, makes perfect sense to cater to eurozone players on the American server? Beuller?

OH WELL GET USE TO IT CUZ I DOUBT THEY R GOING TO CHANGE

DeletedUser17558

Just because you aren't on at 10AM doesn't mean there aren't a significant amount of players on at 10AM. I have seen a ton of sectors change hands since the time change and I think it is a good thing. The lack of notification is the only real problem that I see.

DeletedUser23144

Just because you aren't on at 10AM doesn't mean there aren't a significant amount of players on at 10AM. I have seen a ton of sectors change hands since the time change and I think it is a good thing. The lack of notification is the only real problem that I see.

I AGREE EVEN THOUGH THEY DON'T HAVE TO GIVE U NOTIFICATION THE FACT THEY DO IT OUT OF BEING NICE TO LET U KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE DONE. AND IT IS GOOD THAT THEY CHANGE HANDS IN THE SECTORS IN GVG. GOOD IT LET THE NEWER GUILD HAVE SOME FUN

DeletedUser11609

Well it's a dead issue since Inno has already stated it's not going to change.
Here's to hoping people stop paying for this remedial game, and help Inno recognize that ignoring your customers isn't a good idea....

DeletedUser

Well, if there are as many players at 10am as it was at 8pm, that what's the point of this change? :):):)

DeletedUser11497

I have fought GvG battles during the week and on weekends at the new reset time during the past week. Same lag. same poor performance, and same issues with the game freezing on all browsers. There has been no noticeable change in performance from my perspective. The time change has made the game far less enjoyable. I base my willingness to pay for a game on the level enjoyment I receive from playing. This is a free game now.

DeletedUser23144

I have fought GvG battles during the week and on weekends at the new reset time during the past week. Same lag. same poor performance, and same issues with the game freezing on all browsers. There has been no noticeable change in performance from my perspective. The time change has made the game far less enjoyable. I base my willingness to pay for a game on the level enjoyment I receive from playing. This is a free game now.

AND I PLAYED 2X AND NO LAG OR BAD PERFORMANCE R U SURE IT NOT UR COMPUTER, INTERNET CONNECTION, I.E. "HOT SPOT" WI-FI?

DeletedUser

So recalc time will be reversed on the 24th. That should please a lot of people :D

DeletedUser23144

WELL THERE GOES THE NEW GUILDS TRYING FOR A SPOT

- - - Updated - - -

CLOSED THE THREAD AS IT IS NOW RESOLVED AROUND THE "COMFORT ZONE" PEOPLE I WILL SAY THIS THE TIME CHANGE IS GOING TO MAKE MORE PEOPLE ANGRY THEN HAPPY AND I FOR ONE WILL CONTINUE MY FIGHT TO CHANGE IT BACK AGAIN