• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changing of Daily Calculation Feedback

DeletedUser11609

Were there any proposals to change the original 8PM time? If not then I really don't understand the angst over changing it back.

A few people gained an advantage, and didn't want to lose it. jaelis is correct is saying the majority of players are unaffected,, most don't do much GvG. However that simply strengthens the argument that a majority of affected players had voiced their opinion....

DeletedUser13838

I don't think you answered my question. If the people complaining about the reversion of the recalc time back to 8PM didn't think it important enough to propose a different recalc time previously (i.e. before the initial change to 10AM), I don't think I can take their complaints seriously. Not that it really matters to me one way or another.

DeletedUser8152

I don't think you answered my question. If the people complaining about the reversion of the recalc time back to 8PM didn't think it important enough to propose a different recalc time previously (i.e. before the initial change to 10AM), I don't think I can take their complaints seriously. Not that it really matters to me one way or another.
Don't know if that's really fair, the time was never obviously on the table as something to be discussed. Now it is.

Though I believe that among the players who do care, the majority liked 8pm better.

DeletedUser10076

Were there any proposals to change the original 8PM time? If not then I really don't understand the angst over changing it back.

I don't really care were the reset time is, but here is what gets me.

The reset time IS unimportant. The tactical advantages for fighting in and around reset are marginal, and what advantages there are are largely exploited. I always thought is was weird to have such a large data crunch at a time when so many peeps are on. I figure a better time for it would be around 3 or maybe 4 am when NOBODY(almost) is around.

But what REALLY upsets me is the reaction displayed by player base, or at least on the forum as i haven't logged on in a couple weeks. And why haven't I logged on? GvG point farming, 1 damage min, lag, ghost guilds, gb points, the list goes on. THESE are by far more significant issues affecting the game and gameplay. I've spent more than i should have on this game, and while im certiantly not a whale, i am a walrus.
To have these significant issues go untouched, while the completely unimportant reset is argued over.....well i find it insulting and im certain im not alone.

DeletedUser11609

The reset time IS unimportant. The tactical advantages for fighting in and around reset are marginal, and what advantages there are are largely exploited. I always thought is was weird to have such a large data crunch at a time when so many peeps are on. I figure a better time for it would be around 3 or maybe 4 am when NOBODY(almost) is around.

But what REALLY upsets me is the reaction displayed by player base, or at least on the forum as i haven't logged on in a couple weeks. And why haven't I logged on? GvG point farming, 1 damage min, lag, ghost guilds, gb points, the list goes on. THESE are by far more significant issues affecting the game and gameplay. I've spent more than i should have on this game, and while im certiantly not a whale, i am a walrus.
To have these significant issues go untouched, while the completely unimportant reset is argued over.....well i find it insulting and im certain im not alone.

I agree with your concerns Walrus, and they are all more important than this reset issue.
However all those items were also discussed in the forums, and unfortunately did not generate the rage that this one did. This was really the last straw for me, and the only reason I'm still here is because they actually listened. Too bad they had to wait until they aggravated so many people to wake up to the issue.
The recalc move was a band-aid fix, and moving it back is a knee-jerk reaction, but at least I have the chance of playing GvG now, 7am really wasn't an option for me.
My opinion is they are far too focused on new games, and are putting minimal effort into this one. I still would not spend a dime on this game under current conditions, however since it doesn't really require money to play, I will hang around for awhile and hope they start addressing some of these issues.
Case in point of minimal effort: Tomorrow has been out for along time, and we still have no 2nd GB. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13838

Don't know if that's really fair, the time was never obviously on the table as something to be discussed. Now it is.

What I'm saying is that it seemed that people didn't really care enough before to dislike the time but now somehow they do.

Yes I agree with your list and maybe they'll get to them. That said, reversing the change of the recalc time is something that can be done much quicker than resolving those other issues. And I expect that whatever solution they eventually come up with will not be met with universal acclaim.

Case in point of minimal effort: Tomorrow has been out for along time, and we still have no 2nd GB. :blink:

Did Inno ever say there will be a 2nd GB? Maybe they are limiting GBs to 1/age starting from TE. *shrug*

lemonwedgie

So last recal was at 10am yesterday .... next recal at 8pm tonight, so everyone has protection shields until then (more than the usual 24hrs) ok .. I get that. So in theory, if you moved your HQ after 10am yesterday, you cannot move it again until 8pm tonight? And yet, after 10am this morning guilds were able to move their HQ giving an unfair advantage. We saw a guild move theirs when we KNOW they moved it yesterday after recal, allowing them to attack again and gain more protection shields ... we then tested it, we moved our HQ on PE last night, moved it again this afternoon at 2.30pm.

DeletedUser11609

What I'm saying is that it seemed that people didn't really care enough before to dislike the time but now somehow they do.

Yes I agree with your list and maybe they'll get to them. That said, reversing the change of the recalc time is something that can be done much quicker than resolving those other issues. And I expect that whatever solution they eventually come up with will not be met with universal acclaim.

Did Inno ever say there will be a 2nd GB? Maybe they are limiting GBs to 1/age starting from TE. *shrug*

Yes, they have already said it's coming....we just don't know what year.....:)

DeletedUser11282

Just my 2 cents, but I think you should make it so whatever time a sector was taken 24 hours later it "resets" for GVG purposes. You can still keep calculation time at 8 PM for the purpose of calculation points, prestige, etc but when the sector is free to be sieged would be whatever time it was taken the day before. So if they took a sector at 10AM on 1/20, at 10AM on 1/21 it would be free to be sieged. It would also cause a guild to be more creative and open things up. Right now 8PM to midnight is usually gridlocked with everyone trying to hold their sectors and it clogs everything and slows it all down. If you changed it the guilds would have to adjust to this, but they would know what time they took a sector so they could plan accordingly. The advantage here is the opposing guilds wouldn't necessarily know what time the sector releases you do however. In my opinion it brings more strategy into the game and would greatly help Inno alleviate some of the reset issues with overload. Some won't like it at first, but they'd get used to it, and it would be fair and should create a better experience at any time of the day. If you were able to do it that way though you could likely change the points recalculation time if you wanted. Make it midnight instead of 8PM. All it would matter for is points, but it would at least separate some of the aspects which should help speed up the game and create a better user experience which is the ultimate goal.