• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changlelog 1.140 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please place your comments in this thread ]or visit us on Facebook! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Toppcatt

I guess they are NOT going to do anything about the "battle noises" droning on and on yet again. It is doing this again well after I've left any and all of the Battle screens. It's almost as bad as it was doing back before they finally "fixed" it, and the only way I am able to get it to stop, is to refresh my game screen. DOH!!

Galechade

I guess they are NOT going to do anything about the "battle noises" droning on and on yet again. It is doing this again well after I've left any and all of the Battle screens. It's almost as bad as it was doing back before they finally "fixed" it, and the only way I am able to get it to stop, is to refresh my game screen. DOH!!
Or.... turn the sound off or down.

DeletedUser37471

i dislike and think is annoying:( the update interface of the blur background...

i really distracted when you wanna do a FPs swap or going to you message board or buy FPs with coins and appears this blurry background instead of the clean blackground that had before ...

the main and most important issue here, i my opinion and my other fellow members of my guild !!
We all think that is so Annoying and not practical the blurr background ...

Like i said before when we want to buy FPs for coins , sadly because of the Blur background you cant see how much of the 10 max FPs you can buy at the time are you at!!
before the update of this Blur background was easly and use friendly the Buy FPs for coin, becouse you could see what amount you where when you buy it and not wanna buy more FPs that you need atm.

now you need to exit the screen where you buy the Fps for coins and see a what amount of FPs you at so you but want you need ....

im my Humble opinion ... you could leave the Blur background .. but you ca make this menu like before so you see how much FPs you buying ...

thanks for you time !!
hope you could do something about it !! ... because is really .. really annoying lol

have a great day ! and Happy Early Xmas XD hehe
:)

DeletedUser29014

HI Panacea,

I see that the Watchfire has changed and now has a level 1 label. Can you tell us about these changes?
Also, will there be chances in the future to win icons that some of us don't have, like yours?

RazorbackPirate

I see that the Watchfire has changed and now has a level 1 label. Can you tell us about these changes?
The Winter Event will introduce upgrades to both Watchfires and Victory Towers. A VT lvl 2 will produce 2x the number of medals as a VT lvl 1, a lvl 2 Watchfire gives 6% defense, 2% more than a lvl 1.

DeletedUser35259

HATE THE BLURRED BACKGROUND. Only had it installed for a few minutes, but the lag makes my eyes readjust constantly, making me nauseous and dizzy. This wasn’t tested in Beta. Big NO vote on this one. Please change back immediately.

DeletedUser33179

I also hate the blurred backgrounds.

Visually, it is incredibly distracting switching between clear <-> blurred, especially given how very frequently new popup boxes/windows occur in game - literally happens several dozen times within an hour of regular gameplay. Even worse when rapidly doing basic game tasks. Instead of drawing clearer attention to the new box/window, my attention is consistently diverted unconsciously to try to make clearer what's blurred. Our brains are wired to try to do that. Add to those substantial issues the fact the I can longer reference how much I have of something (coins, supplies, tavern silver, etc) when within the new box/window, as that info is completely obscured in the background.

The only thing I can think they were trying to do with blurring backgrounds for most everything was draw a player's attention quicker & more precisely to the new box/window (though, not sure why this was deemed an problem needing a solution). Unfortunately, their chosen method of change is incorrect visually & neurologically for accomplishing such a goal.

Having a thicker defined outline to a popup box/window, as well as use of contrasting colors between foreground box & background(s), is a great way to draw/focus attention - and without causing unnecessary issues.

Another good way, given this game's graphics/etc, would be to slightly dim the backgrounds relative to the topmost box/window. Game already displays that way when opening the quest windows. Could be wrong, but think that's the only current instance where it's done, or at least done well enough that I notice it. I do realize some are photosensitive to light changes (even slight ones), which can be very visually distracting as well. Therefore, it really should be implemented very sparingly at most.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Kranyar the Mysterious

I've been wondering over and over what this blurred background is that everyone keeps referencing, because I certainly don't see any blurring. I now see that what you are all complaining about is either a transparent black overlay that darkens the background, or some other method of darkening the background. There isn't any blurring of the background at all.

That said, it doesn't bother me in the slightest and doesn't affect my game play one way or the other.

DeletedUser31440

I've been wondering over and over what this blurred background is that everyone keeps referencing, because I certainly don't see any blurring. I now see that what you are all complaining about is either a transparent black overlay that darkens the background, or some other method of darkening the background. There isn't any blurring of the background at all.

That said, it doesn't bother me in the slightest and doesn't affect my game play one way or the other.

Mobile not browser.

DeletedUser33179

Those pics I posted above are normal for the game (just used it as an example of a fairly good way of focusing user attention). The blurred backgrounds they just added on mobile for most everywhere look like these...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DeletedUser37499

Flaws that cause me to suggest that an On/off control for this bad "feature" should be added immediately if not just rolled back altogether:
1. Blurring causes eye strain. I have experienced eye strain that within minutes starts to be painful. Also hearing that from other members of my Guild.
2. Useful information is blocked. Example is when buying Forge Points with coins. I can't see the Forge point bar, so making sure I have the right amount mandates that I close out check the number and then open it again. That is annoying and gee more popping up means more change of focus and eye strain. There are more examples of how this feature hides useful information and detracts from game play.
This is making the game unplayable on Mobile and I would hate to have to leave after playing several years. The better question might be why was it added when it adds nothing? Who needed to make changes just to look busy?

DeletedUser36624

It's on Android, specifically. I think they managed to block it on iOS before it went live because it still hasn't shown up in the App Store.

DeletedUser

While it doesn't cause me eye strain or fatigue, it is highly inconvenient to not be able to read/see anything clearly in the background on mobile when there is a pop-up open. If it was intentional, whoever okayed it should be fired.

DeletedUser35259

I’m on an iPad, and my version just updated this afternoon. Must be a rolled-out update.

So let me get this straight: On mobile there’s no GvG, no preview of big events in Beta, and now they introduced this worse-than-useless feature just for us. Aren’t we lucky?

Please, please, please, take away this horrible blur effect! It not only makes my eyes water, but it makes simple tasks like visiting taverns, incredibly cumbersome, adding a step or two which does nothing to enhance the game. I find it so annoying and uncomfortable that I might not play this game as frequently. I am an avid and supportive player, but this blur effect could be a deal breaker for me

DeletedUser37504

I agree with many above, please remove the blurring feature. It is causing me, and many in my guild, eye strain and headaches. For people with vision problems, this type of background can cause very real problems. Thanks!