• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Character Variations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser26965

Absolutely...unless you were unaware you did it. Accidents like this do happen. You get involved with one task when another takes your attention..coffee spill, baby crying, actual paying JOB that you have to do. Your concentration is taken away and you forget where you were when you come back. Completely innocent, never meant to happen. Hundreds of posts to read a day that flow into each other, a large number that are not formatted correctly...yeah, I can see an accident happening more than a conspiracy of mods trying to censor Xoorch's proposal .
This has been an ongoing problem in various ways for a while now. Sure this one time could have been an accident and I don't expect an explanation myself though they could look into it for the sake of courtesy for Xoorch but all this goes well beyond this one post.

DeletedUser26965

• Posts getting closed, a lot probably arbitrarily I suggest you look into it
  • Posts getting deleted, some probably arbitrarily I suggest you look into it
  • Constant chastisements and threats in the grey area of "off topic", I can show you the examples
  • and who knows what else, I suggest you look into it
Yeah all that makes sense with clear violations but this is all mostly grey area stuff.

Is this really the kind of forum that Inno wants?

DeletedUser29563

They can't because what's being done for the most part like I mentioned is in the grey area. There are obvious examples when rules are broken and something should be deleted. There are obvious examples when something is off topic. That's not the issue and is perfectly acceptable when enforced, no one wants a free for all. The issue has been overreach of closing posts, deeming what's off topic and deleting posts and frankly who knows what else that we haven't caught. Too many players have been complaining for long enough now something needs to change.

Offical Forum Rules
Agreed

DeletedUser26120

Next time just report any posts you feel are breaking the rules.

Thread moved to tavern since it's off topic chatter.

DeletedUser

Okay I'm just trying to help and I understand you're upset but you don't have to yell at me. The post that comes up in Google's cache is here: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:LTR7kNEj8xIJ:https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/character-variations.20313/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I saw that it had multiple color text and figured it was the same as Algona mentioned though it had no video that Stephen Longshanks mentioned so I figured that was probably your original draft then perhaps you changed it somewhat so I went with it anyway.

That being said we are aware of issues regarding mods but that's no reason to rage quit the forums. I for one appreciate your contributions and wouldn't like to see you go. Instead Start a Conversation with Panacea with your complaint and if that isn't to your satisfaction contact InnoGame HR Department and inform them you feel you have no recourse going the normal route to your satisfaction and see if they can help. https://www.innogames.com/company/contact/

Good luck either way.
I'm sorry, i wasn't yelling at you, I was just yelling, yes this is my original post, I had no idea I was suppose to have it in some silly format. Thank you for retrieving it. I will copy it and save it, and decide from where to go from there.

DeletedUser

(thanks sloppyjoeslayer) MY ORIGINAL POST THAT WAS DELETED :

This is a fantastic game. I have been playing video games since Pong came out when I was but a lad. I have played hundreds and hundreds of different types of games. What would make this game CLIMAX would be more character choices, variations, manipulation, or the best thing would be to have complete creation, with the ability to start from scratch and build a character based off of adding, manipulating features, characteristics clothing, color, race, species, etc.
To make this more interesting, perhaps, to show ranking, only certain features would be available after attaining certain rank or achievement, such as so many battles won, would open specific attire that would go along with battle, depending on age of course. where as gaining a number of buildings would open separate types of clothing and variables that would go along with that type of persona. and so on within the game's variety of positions and vocation,such as being a merchant, soldier, leader, donator, explorer, plunderer, builder, pirate, historian, etc.
Special features could also be made as rewards for the highest ranking player. Winning GE tournaments could give all members the same type of attire that would show their guild colors or something to that effect, which they would lose upon leaving the guild.

What I am trying to propose, is more avatars, at the least, or characters that can be created from scratch, or reward based variations added to the characters. There are so many players, and not enough variations to stop every guild from looking like every other one.
People want to be unique.

DeletedUser

I have revamped my retrieved proposal , thanks to sloppyjoeslayer, and put it in FOE approved format and re-submitted it to the proposals thread, hurry, read it before they delete it again, no colors, no change of style, just to the point info

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, i wasn't yelling at you, I was just yelling, yes this is my original post, I had no idea I was suppose to have it in some silly format. Thank you for retrieving it. I will copy it and save it, and decide from where to go from there.
Glad to see you came back. Although I'm not one for a personalized avatar, I appreciate anyone who is a positive presence on the Forum and in the game.

I am wondering if the original post got deleted partly because of my comment about the multicolored fonts and such. If so, that was the wrong way to handle it (speaking to whoever deleted it). If someone makes a comment like that about a post, and the original poster doesn't get the hint, a direct message to the poster urging them to fix the post would be way better than just deleting it.

DeletedUser26120

Posts are never deleted with no reason. However this thread is not the place to discuss such things.

Feel free to send a private message to myself or another staff member.

DeletedUser21322

If posts are deleted a new policy has gone into effect for all mod staff, you will be notified as to why they were deleted, As was stated by a mod within the thread, the conversation was not part of the proposal, there for it was removed. If you ever have an issue please message me. I am always happy to look into what is happening.

DeletedUser21322

This thread is now closed. If someone wants to post the idea again that is fine, however players found insulting inno staff have gotten points. Please stay on topic with conversations so this does not happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.