1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

chat disappears when window resized

Discussion in 'Addressed' started by Dursland, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Dursland

Dursland I am Dursland Forum Moderator

I don't know if this happens for everyone or only those with 1920x1080 resolutions.

I have a large monitor so sometimes I put FoE as half window on one side while I do something else on the other half of the monitor.

When I resize the browser window back to full width, the chat disappears. Or at least seems to..

(Posting as links because the images are large)

http://i.imgur.com/gS1eKs8.jpg - This shows my window at half size, with the chat working just fine.

http://i.imgur.com/HygdOaw.jpg - This shows me going back to full screen. Chat is now missing.

I decided to leave the chat open while resizing windows to see if anything changed - indeed it did reveal the location of the chat which has been pushed to the far right, off-screen. http://i.imgur.com/PrUcmjZ.jpg

aaaaaand my reputation for finding the strange bugs remains intact!

2. Dursland

Just did a test - seems bug is only triggered if you open/use the chat while window is resized.

3. wjblaney

wjblaney Member

So what's the fix?

4. Dursland

Currently only fix I know of is to refresh. I have tried entering GE and other areas of the game then going back to the map, in an attempt to restore it. Doesn't work.

5. wjblaney

wjblaney Member

Right. I saw that in the OP. Yo da man, Dursland!

6. Jenus the Benevolent

Jenus the Benevolent New Member

I’m in an iPad and every message I see that is more than 1 line long, breaks off at the end. Sometimes it deletes a whole word, other times it just drops remaining letters in a word down a line. It is incredibly challenging to read any posts in the Guild chat and in my messages. For instance, the above message would look something like this:

I’m in an iPad and every message I see that is more than 1 line long, breaks off at the end. Somet
    a whole word, other times it just drops remaining letters in a word down a line. It is incredibly chall
    enging to read any posts in the Guild chat and in my messages. For instance, the above mess
    age would look something like this

Please fix this!!!

7. King Zack the Almighty

King Zack the Almighty Active Member

Worlds:
    Yorkton
    I have the bug, still, too. I use a 1366x768 screen and resize the game windows to 67% zoom to look for incidents. If I have the chat open and resize it back to 100% zoom, the chatbox moves off to the size or somewhere off the screen. :(