Chat in the Antiques Dealer

Graviton

Sure it's different. One is a straight-up trade where each side benefits; the other is an attempt to convince me to stop going after the same thing they're after, by offering something I wasn't after in the first place. I have yet to have a proposed goods deal reneged on, but nobody is going to strike an AD deal unless we're already in a bidding war and there are only 30 seconds left on the timer. I wouldn't trust someone to fulfill a desperation bribe like that.

Salsuero

I have yet to have a proposed goods deal reneged on
I have. Once. Some people are just liars... or purposely untrustworthy for the game's sake.

That's why you do it in sections the first time you deal with someone. Unless they are highly recommended by a trusted source.
Which I did, fortunately limiting my damage in that case. The seller did come highly recommended by a trusted source... and was a long-time "friend" as well.

SimGroove

Thanks everybody! Some really great responses! My suggestion is based upon my own personal approach to the game. Like I said, it would be "cool". Cool as in; pleasurable, fun, interesting, engaging, thoughtful, informative, "Cool" There's no tactical "advantage" to be had. Just simply another something to make the game more interesting and engaging. I find myself wondering about certain offerings in the AD sometimes and it would be cool to be able to get instant, real time, unique insight and engagement right there. I don't play this game for percentages, points and rankings. I'm not a bean counter, I'm an artist and aesthetics, creativity and uniqueness and insightful engagement are always my first considerations. It's been very interesting reading peoples different interpretations on the original theme. Thanks again people, much appreciated!

Salsuero

My suggestion is based upon my own personal approach to the game. Like I said, it would be "cool".
Keep in mind... from my understanding, proposals are supposed to benefit the game for "most" players. If it's only something you'd like personally, but really doesn't do anything to make the game any better, I don't think it's really "supposed" to be proposed. That being said... I just don't see it as something "most" people would even use. Maybe they might try it in the very first days of it being released, but I'm not sure it would keep interest long-term, so an investment in a feature that is likely to die pretty quickly isn't really going to go as far. Also, it might only be something that can be browser-based because we already have in-game chat, but apparently they can't bring it to mobile (or don't want to?) -- so would your proposal even be viable from the start?

SimGroove

Keep in mind... from my understanding, proposals are supposed to benefit the game for "most" players. If it's only something you'd like personally, but really doesn't do anything to make the game any better, I don't think it's really "supposed" to be proposed. That being said... I just don't see it as something "most" people would even use. Maybe they might try it in the very first days of it being released, but I'm not sure it would keep interest long-term, so an investment in a feature that is likely to die pretty quickly isn't really going to go as far. Also, it might only be something that can be browser-based because we already have in-game chat, but apparently they can't bring it to mobile (or don't want to?) -- so would your proposal even be viable from the start?
Every proposal starts with a personal preference. You won't know if you're the only one, or one of many if you don't ask. "Making the game better", is a subjective term that's going to be based on a persons personal preferences. People play the game differently with different objectives. What makes the game "better" for one person, might be a turn off for someone else. Asking helps to clear that up and at the very least satisfies a curious mind. I'm satiated simply by the interaction and discussion that has resulted. Thanks again, much appreciated!

SimGroove

Ask in the forge Hall.

Couple reasons.

Discussion there won't get automatically shut down if the idea is Dnsl, which means possibly interesting or useful discussion.

Allows refinement of good ideas to the point where a Proposal has a chance of being accepted.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

barra370804

@SimGroove

I, for one, don't think this proposal is so bad. It's one I haven't seen before, pretty original. But I think it's time to let go of this idea unless all you want are more half-assed responses from people.

Last edited by a moderator: