1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Chat Messages cut off

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by The Fountainhead, Sep 21, 2017.

1. The Fountainhead

The Fountainhead New Member

Since the update on 21/9/2017, Chat Messages cut off after the first line. This happened to all existing messages, as well as new entries. Is it just a problem on the iOS platform?

Victoria and Albert likes this.
  2. ForGotten3

ForGotten3 Active Member

I remember LONG ago you could just go to the GVG map and the chat box repaired itself but this no longer works. Just reload

3. Da Noob

Da Noob Member

This happened to me too. Not the chat box, but in game messages are all limited to 1 line...everything else is cut off. And the fonts are all changed up. Ive also reloaded restarted, this is very odd. Its the APP version of the game only for me.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  4. Da Noob

Da Noob Member

you can see the words are limited to 1 line and the line below clearly shows something should be there but is missing all but the top of the letters. Its simply unusable if there is more than 1 line.
    Screenshot_20170921-142631a.jpg Screenshot_20170921-142631a.jpg

5. Isabella 1103 the Mighty

Isabella 1103 the Mighty New Member

Not just the iOS platform, also on Android 4 as of version 1.110.2 for me.

6. Isabella 1103 the Mighty

Isabella 1103 the Mighty New Member

There is no GvG map on the mobile platform currently.

Edit: reloading does not fix, nor does clearing the data cache, at least on my platform

7. minigal

minigal New Member

I'm having this issue as well on iOS. I've deleted the app and re downloaded it, but it's still happening. It's quite annoying, as it's virtually impossible to communicate with anyone.

8. Dursland

Dursland I am Dursland Forum Moderator

This issue has been forwarded to the developers and hopefully we should have a fix out as soon as possible.

9. sirlioneyes

sirlioneyes New Member

I am seeing this problem on Android on message threads. Type a long message and instead of wrapping the text onto multiple lines it cuts the message off and displays only one line. This just started happening after I updated the software on 9/21/2017.

10. Dursland

This issue has been forwarded to the developers and hopefully we should have a fix out as soon as possible.

11. Konrad the mediocre

Konrad the mediocre Well-Known Member

12. Dursland

I have just been informed there are new versions out for both apps, we are just waiting on the app stores to update.
    Feel free to share this with the devs at https://blog.forgeofempires.com

13. Snark the Strange

Snark the Strange New Member

If you tap on the truncated message and save it to clipboard, you can paste the complete message into the keyin field. Then erase it so as not to repost it. Awkward kluge, but it works on my iPad Air.

14. iAmArtemis

iAmArtemis Active Member

This is driving me crazy! Everything after the first line is cut off. I thought I was going out of my mind lol.

Mek2 likes this.
  15. Dursland

Update your app, the problem should be fixed now.

16. Mek2

Mek2 Active Member

I've been checking the App Store for the past 24 hours and have yet to see an update....

iOS user on iPhone 6s+, Sprint carrier

17. Mek2

Mek2 Active Member

Well okay I received the new update just a few moments ago, but it seems the US server is not working. I can get into Bets server just fine (and it looks as though the text problem was fixed)

Also I cannot view the main FoE page for US servers. Is it down for maintenance and I missed the memo?

18. Dursland

How about now?

19. iAmArtemis

iAmArtemis Active Member

Working fine now. Ty.

20. Callisto 336 the Just

Callisto 336 the Just New Member

Not quite. Now lines are shorter and wrap so that formatted messages do not look right