• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Chateau Frontenac, A Hopefully Healthy Obsession

DeletedUser31440

Had a bit of time on my hands so I decided to see what levels you need of the CF for LMA to AF for doing unlimited UBQ's with and without the 2nd RQ giver, if anyone else has done this before please let me know if you got different results. I didn't check OF because I am not sure how to incorporate the 3rd RQ giver and the being able to have all 3 RQ givers on produce 6 24 hour productions.

Age - No 2nd RQ - With 2nd RQ Required Boost % (Level for that Boost %)
LMA - 740 (128) - 550 (90)
CA - 1175 (215) - 900 (160)
Indy - 1375 (255) - 1045 (189)
PE - 1300 (240) - 1035 (187)
ME - 1385 (257) - 1120 (204)
PME - 1300 (240) - 1010 (182)
CE - 1145 (209) - 945 (169)
TE - 985 (177) - 830 (146)
FE - 1300 (240) - 1000 (180)
AF - 1165 (213) - 895 (159)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29218

You can do load of quests while locking other people GBs

Yep. I think focusing on UBQs in "early stages" (before powerlvling CF) of FE and onwards is missing the wave. You can do so much quests with a high arc, even if you have a low lvl CF.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34477

How can I get The Arc or the Chateau building early while still in bronze or iron age?

Mustapha00

I'm very late to building an Arc, but I've had level 10 CFs for quite some time now and I just can't stress enough how much of a difference they make if you have even a modest focus on doing the repeatable quests on a daily basis.

The Repeatables give 5 goods as a base reward; a level 10 CF makes that 13. On one world in which I can finish the Gather Coins repeatable something like 5 or even 6 times during my major daily collection, it's not unusual for me to clear 50 or so extra goods of various types just from the CF bonus. While I'm not even close to having built all the various GBs the game has to offer, I'd say that CF is certainly top 5 and pushing top 3 of the ones I have built, and both lists would include Arc.

DeletedUser31440

Just started this game. I am on US13 whichever world that is. Also how do I even get the blue prints for them since they are so many ages up?

I'm guessing your in Bronze Age right now? If so, guild hopping to aid and get coins for the gather coins repeatable quest should net you a few bp's for CF and Arc. Buying the goods with fp's won't be possible until IA unless you have someone willing to just give you the goods. All of this would be much easier in IA than BA though as you can contribute to gb's and lock in reward spots for bp's.

DeletedUser34477

I'm guessing your in Bronze Age right now? If so, guild hopping to aid and get coins for the gather coins repeatable quest should net you a few bp's for CF and Arc. Buying the goods with fp's won't be possible until IA unless you have someone willing to just give you the goods. All of this would be much easier in IA than BA though as you can contribute to gb's and lock in reward spots for bp's.

Yes I am in Bronze Age. I read a thread about doing recurring quests using blacksmiths and guild hopping so that is what I have been doing. Currently no Arc or CF blueprints though and I have hopped from a ton of guilds

DeletedUser29623

Yes I am in Bronze Age. I read a thread about doing recurring quests using blacksmiths and guild hopping so that is what I have been doing. Currently no Arc or CF blueprints though and I have hopped from a ton of guilds

I got very few from aiding other players. Instead, I sniped enough GBs early on to build up a reserve of forge points, then i went looking for Chateaux to donate to so I could earn bps. This involved getting on the browser version of the game, finding players with low-level Chateaux and sending them friend requests. Because not that many players understand the amazing power of this GB, they can be hard to find around the hood in the lower ages. Every time the hood changed, more Chateaux was the first thing I looked for. It took a while, but was totally worth it.

DeletedUser31498

I'm very late to building an Arc, but I've had level 10 CFs for quite some time now and I just can't stress enough how much of a difference they make if you have even a modest focus on doing the repeatable quests on a daily basis.

The Repeatables give 5 goods as a base reward; a level 10 CF makes that 13. On one world in which I can finish the Gather Coins repeatable something like 5 or even 6 times during my major daily collection, it's not unusual for me to clear 50 or so extra goods of various types just from the CF bonus. While I'm not even close to having built all the various GBs the game has to offer, I'd say that CF is certainly top 5 and pushing top 3 of the ones I have built, and both lists would include Arc.

If you care to really dive in, goods are a reward 1/14 of the time, with 5 goods making a total of 5/14 random rewards being goods. With 6 Gather coins requests (and UBQ I hope), that's 12 random rewards. 12*5/14 = 4.3x you win goods, and at 8 extra per you average 34 extra goods every time you cycle through them all (half that if you don't UBQ).

DeletedUser30312

Had a bit of time on my hands so I decided to see what levels you need of the CF for LMA to AF for doing unlimited UBQ's with and without the 2nd RQ giver, if anyone else has done this before please let me know if you got different results. I didn't check OF because I am not sure how to incorporate the 3rd RQ giver and the being able to have all 3 RQ givers on produce 6 24 hour productions.

I'm not ceratin if this is exactly what you're looking for but if you've got all 3 RQ slots open, set one to Spink, the second to Fnord, and use the last for UBQs. Since coins and supplies are the most common RQ reward, you use the UBQ to fill up the coins and supplies quests.

You can't have the same recurring quest more than once, I've noticed this in my main. If I have the Spink quest open, the other RQ slot I have will skip over that one in the rotation. Usually what I do is have one open for the Spink quest and let it fill up with supplies from my supply buildings as well as from the supplies prizes from the RQs. Lots of cashing in when I hit that "Produce 2 Turret Clocks" quest.

DeletedUser31440

I'm not ceratin if this is exactly what you're looking for but if you've got all 3 RQ slots open, set one to Spink, the second to Fnord, and use the last for UBQs. Since coins and supplies are the most common RQ reward, you use the UBQ to fill up the coins and supplies quests.

You can't have the same recurring quest more than once, I've noticed this in my main. If I have the Spink quest open, the other RQ slot I have will skip over that one in the rotation. Usually what I do is have one open for the Spink quest and let it fill up with supplies from my supply buildings as well as from the supplies prizes from the RQs. Lots of cashing in when I hit that "Produce 2 Turret Clocks" quest.

LLQ posted a screenshot of her city where she had 3 RQ givers all giving a produce 6x quest, that gave me pause and led to me not trying to incorporate a 3rd RQ giver into my calculator. Aside from that oddity I would agree having one open to collect coins, one open to collect supplies, and one for spend fp's would be the most efficient combo.

DeletedUser34477

I was finally able to get the CF but not the Arc yet. Still in BA so I have not set it down yet as I am not sure if I should make room for it or if I should go to IA or higher?
Would you say its best to level the Arc or CF first and if I dont have the Arc if I should just place down my CF and level it?
Read on a different thread on here that HMA is the best place to be for the recurring quests

DeletedUser29623

Read on a different thread on here that HMA is the best place to be for the recurring quests

I am by no stretch of the imagination an expert, but I have two cities (my first and only cities, I should add) in CA and HMA. I don’t do the full Cosmic Raven Heavy Questing deal, but I have eliminated all goods buildings and have both Chateaux at level 10.

So with that disclaimer, I do think HMA is a bit better than CA. You can’t open two RQ slots at the same time, like you can in Colonial, but the quests themselves are much cheaper, relatively as well as literally. In HMA, two Sacred Sky Watches can fulfill the coin quest (25K), while in Colonial, it takes 8 (100K, or maybe 110K, I forget at the moment). Space is super tight, but if you concentrate on buildings that have multiple purposes, like SSW, or happiness buildings that boost coin and supply production, like the Maypole, you can do more quests per day, I think.

That said, I have a bigger guild with more advanced members with my HMA city, so it was possible for me to get a Royal Albert Hall just from aiding guildmates, and that has really boosted my ability to do the UBQs. If you get an Arc and are swapping with guildies who have higher-age buildings, the rewards are much better. But I don’t think that’s helped me with RQs *that* much, apart from the RAH.

DeletedUser31440

I was finally able to get the CF but not the Arc yet. Still in BA so I have not set it down yet as I am not sure if I should make room for it or if I should go to IA or higher?
Would you say its best to level the Arc or CF first and if I dont have the Arc if I should just place down my CF and level it?

That's not a simple question to answer, it depends on what you are trying to do with your city. Are you going to be completing GE? If so, to what level? Do you want to contribute to GvG? Are you going to put everything else on hold until you get up to level 80 on your Arc?

Regardless of the answers to the above, maybe with the exception of the GE questions, you should probably take some time to find a good guild to grow in. You'll want a higher level guild to get more fp's from your Town Hall each day, I'd also recommend one with Arc swap groups, active swap threads and players with higher level GB's. The Arc swap groups will help you get the bp's you need to go above level 10, the swap threads will give you other high age GB's to get rewards on for the medals to buy more expansions. I personally have chosen to stay in HMA, but I don't have any experience with CA so I can't say for certain that it is the better option. I'm also not going to attempt to become a CR and demand that everyone follow exactly what I think is best, because I have no freaking clue, I just play for fun and do what makes sense to me at the time. You've found Dulahan's Arc Rush thread, if you're looking for a guide on what to do I'd say follow that it seems to be pretty extensive on how to accomplish it's goal.

DeletedUser32328

In HMA, two Sacred Sky Watches can fulfill the coin quest (25K), while in Colonial, it takes 8 (100K, or maybe 110K, I forget at the moment). .

Is there a big difference between your St Mark's GBs between those worlds? Because that seems like a BIG increase to me.

DeletedUser31440

Is there a big difference between your St Mark's GBs between those worlds? Because that seems like a BIG increase to me.

It's just the cost difference between the ages, I can do a gather coins with a SoK + SSW in HMA (SMB @ 10), in CA it will take 2 SoK's & 2 SSW's to get the 100,000 for the fnord.