• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Chateau Frontenac, A Hopefully Healthy Obsession

DeletedUser31540

I got very few from aiding other players. Instead, I sniped enough GBs early on to build up a reserve of forge points, then i went looking for Chateaux to donate to so I could earn bps. This involved getting on the browser version of the game, finding players with low-level Chateaux and sending them friend requests. Because not that many players understand the amazing power of this GB, they can be hard to find around the hood in the lower ages. Every time the hood changed, more Chateaux was the first thing I looked for. It took a while, but was totally worth it.

Finding top players with very high level GBs is a faster and more efficient way of getting prints ...

DeletedUser29623

Finding top players with very high level GBs is a faster and more efficient way of getting prints ...
True! But when you're just starting out, you often don't have the Fps to spend on them. If you're in a guild with a lot of high-level players you can get them to save 5th position for you, but I was in small guilds with people who didn't really appreciate that GB

DeletedUser31540

True! But when you're just starting out, you often don't have the Fps to spend on them. If you're in a guild with a lot of high-level players you can get them to save 5th position for you, but I was in small guilds with people who didn't really appreciate that GB

Well when i was a new new player i remember doing personal swaps to get the BPs i needed ... i would spend days and days amassing 200 fps to swap for 1-2 BPs lol ... new players often dont know any better ... once i got my DT i started adding high level friends and soon after that i realized (by looking at their buildings) that 10-30 fps spent could lock up 6-10 BPs and i was mad at myself for being so inefficient at getting the BPs i needed for a long time

I wasnt faulting you so much as instructing newer players how to bypass the inefficiency of being a noob ;) But learning through trial and error is how the game works :)

RazorbackPirate

Well when i was a new new player i remember doing personal swaps to get the BPs i needed ... i would spend days and days amassing 200 fps to swap for 1-2 BPs lol ... new players often dont know any better ... once i got my DT i started adding high level friends and soon after that i realized (by looking at their buildings) that 10-30 fps spent could lock up 6-10 BPs and i was mad at myself for being so inefficient at getting the BPs i needed for a long time

I wasnt faulting you so much as instructing newer players how to bypass the inefficiency of being a noob ;) But learning through trial and error is how the game works :)
This was my experience. I spent a long time hunting prints the hard way until I learned to lock 4th or 5th on mid to high level GBs. I jumped whenever I could lock with a net cost per BP of 10 FPs or less. Nothing completes a set like getting 5 - 8 prints each time.

DeletedUser30312

Also, when you're just starting out, your hoods will tend to have a lot of players that don't have GBs worth investing your meager FPs in.

RazorbackPirate

Also, when you're just starting out, your hoods will tend to have a lot of players that don't have GBs worth investing your meager FPs in.
I disagree. They'll have plenty of Oracles being self leveled that will be a great source of FP profits and a great way to convert your hourly FPs into FP packs.

Emberguard

I wouldn't get too mad at yourself

While it's true you can lock BPs for less, it's closer to a guarantee to do a personal swap. You don't know what deals the mid-high lvl GBs have on them already. The safest high lvl'd GB to dump into is one advertised on Global as having spots free. If you go for just any you come across you're more likely to be competing with that players guild as well.

DeletedUser29623

I didn’t do personal swaps for BPs, since I didn’t have buildings anyone wanted to invest in. I basically just went around sniping, though I didn’t know what it was called then. I really think you want a big guild with advanced players in it for this. When you’re starting, it’s hard to get high level players to accept your friend requests, especially before you get a red tablecloth. I sent requests to people with lower level Chats because they were more likely to accept them. But My real handicap was that I stayed in a small guild whose leader didn’t “get” the idea of building GBs above your age and really didn’t get the power of the Chat or even the Arc. He just dropped a lot of FPs on my Arc L79, though, so I think he’s catching on!

RazorbackPirate

I didn’t do personal swaps for BPs, since I didn’t have buildings anyone wanted to invest in. I basically just went around sniping, though I didn’t know what it was called then. I really think you want a big guild with advanced players in it for this. When you’re starting, it’s hard to get high level players to accept your friend requests, especially before you get a red tablecloth. I sent requests to people with lower level Chats because they were more likely to accept them. But My real handicap was that I stayed in a small guild whose leader didn’t “get” the idea of building GBs above your age and really didn’t get the power of the Chat or even the Arc. He just dropped a lot of FPs on my Arc L79, though, so I think he’s catching on!
Just about the time I figured out the power of Chat and that I needed one ASAP, a guild mate put theirs into the guild thread. By focusing my donations there, I was able to get my first few CF prints. I got most of the rest from swapping with lower level Chats, then filled in the last squares hitting a few mid and high level ones. I took a while, but I finally figured out 4th or 5th on a mid to high level GB is IMO, the best way to build a set.

UBERhelp1

I prefer finding someone who is working on leveling their GB and you ask to hitch a ride. For example, when some players move up eras they need to level their Inno higher. They then level it and occasionally let people get free prints.

Of course, this is a lot slower of a way, but if you don't want the GB right away it works.

DeletedUser30312

I disagree. They'll have plenty of Oracles being self leveled that will be a great source of FP profits and a great way to convert your hourly FPs into FP packs.

Yeah, but Oracle isn't all that great over the long term. Plus you run the risk of investing on a player that might get deleted for inactivity in some cases.

DeletedUser29623

I'm in a frustrating place with leveling my Chat, currently at 36 in the world in question. Of course, I have 12 or so prints in every square except one, which is chronically short. I have had to spend diamonds more than once to keep leveling it. And I have a level 80 Arc! the problem is that most players focus on leveling their Arcs and combat GBs, especially when a new one like HC comes out. You can't grab 4th or 5th or even 1st place on a GB if the owner just isn't going to level it. My new(ish) guild's 190 thread moves blindingly fast, so I'd basically have to monitor it constantly for those rare moments someone posts a Chat there.

I'm thinking of just moving up to the Progressive era (currently in Colonial) so that the dozens of BP rewards I'm getting from events, GE and recurring quests at least have the possibility of helping.

RazorbackPirate

I have gone out to Global Rankings several times to find Chats leveling. Send a FR, then a note letting them know you're leveling your Chat. They will likely be happy to have another source for prints as well. Find someone with an Arc 80 also and make a deal to swap 1st place on each other's CFs for 1.9x.

- KQ -

#Lauramiller, I'll second #RazorbackPirate and his advice on finding a partner with a Chateau to work with. You might reach out to your guildmates or friends that have a high level Chateau. They may be in the same boat you are and welcome the opportunity.

DeletedUser32824

@Lauramiller On what world do you play? I'd say spending diamonds is never worth it for that last BP unless it is to start building a GB. Once you are leveling it, no single level is worth diamonds. If people in your guild are leveling a CF message them and ask them to message you so you can get a spot. Most guildies should be helpful in that regard. RBP's advice is great too!

DeletedUser29623

@Lauramiller On what world do you play? I'd say spending diamonds is never worth it for that last BP unless it is to start building a GB. Once you are leveling it, no single level is worth diamonds. If people in your guild are leveling a CF message them and ask them to message you so you can get a spot. Most guildies should be helpful in that regard. RBP's advice is great too!

No one is leveling their CF right now, that’s the problem. The new GB makes it worse, but everyone on my FL, guild and hood has either leveled their CF as much as they want to or doesn’t have a CF at all. Obviously, if people in my guild were leveling theirs, I wouldn’t have a problem

DeletedUser29623

I have gone out to Global Rankings several times to find Chats leveling. Send a FR, then a note letting them know you're leveling your Chat. They will likely be happy to have another source for prints as well. Find someone with an Arc 80 also and make a deal to swap 1st place on each other's CFs for 1.9x.

Yeah, this seems like the only option right now, but it’s really time consuming, like getting the prints to begin with, especially as I means I also have to purge my FL. RL is making that hard.