• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Chateau Frontenac for younger cities worth it?

“You didn't give [I said:
any[/I] respect to people who were trying to answer your question.
Well that’s simply false, I gave tons of respect to a couple of people who actually read the question and answered it with intelligent and thoughtful replies

I did read your question. What came across to me is that it sounds to me like you are trying to do to much to soon. This game REQUIRES you to learn patience if you do not do that in the beginning the sheer weight of the game will end up stressing you out before you get started.

I would not recommend the CF and a first GB, Zeus, ToB, LoA, ToR, CoA , OB and CdM should still come first. You will probably not keep them all as forever GBs. So do not put to many fps into levelling any but the fighting ones(they are keepers) As is ToR. ToB for instance is good for initial population boost but there are far better GBs and event buildings to help with that as you grow, BUT CF is a forever GB, As it Traz and Arc. Aslo strict order of building is not a do or die thing. whichever one oth those you get the BPs first for, build it.

CF boosts random rewards from quests, Coin, supplies goods, diamonds and medals I think, but does not boost the number of troops.
Traz will give you random troops for your age whether you have the troop building built or not. but once you learn which troops in your age suits your fighting technique best, build one of those and Traz will spit out more of those.

Now what I have said is not written in stone. Others here will give you different advice. And from their way of doing things might say this is all rubbish. But from how their game has gone they see things differently, They are not wrong. It is up to the individual to look at all the advice and take out of it what will suit them.
Um, I wasn’t being sarcastic. I was actually thanking you for being one of the few people who read the actual question and responded thoughtfully. I really do appreciate it. That’s why I was confused that you claimed that I didn’t show any respect to anyone who responded when I literally thanked you for your thoughtful response. And I appreciate this response also. I am definitely willing to learn, and from advanced players such as yourself. You seem to actually have thought about what I asked and not just given the same old cliche responses, and I appreciate that. I will definitely take your advice into great consideration. This is all very helpful advice about GBs for noobs and younger cities and I appreciate it

I realize I’ve been difficult in this thread to some other people, but it is frustrating having people not read the actual content of the question and go ahead and post the very same cliched responses I was referring to. I really appreciate that you took the time to write out a thoughtful reply and talk about the various GBs that might actually help a younger city/newer player

Last edited:

Dominator - X

How is that even possible? I wouldn’t have responded as I did if you had. Anyway, I put you on ignore, so why are you still showing up in this thread?
Time stamps don't lie. You responded well after I corrected my post. Why am I still here after you put me on ignore? Because subconsciously you love me and can't help yourself. You thought you hit ignore, but couldn't bring yourself to do, but you blocked it out. No worries, though. You aren't the first and won't be the last.

Graviton

Well that’s simply false, I gave tons of respect to a couple of people who actually read the question and answered it with intelligent and thoughtful replies

Every reply to you was respectful until you started slinging feces at those who didn't give you the answer you wanted. Take some responsibility.

The Lady Redneck

No, it does not! The rest of your posts are great advice but this is 100% wrong, as was already established earlier in this thread.

OK where do I get the amount of troops I am getting then? The greatest majority of battles I do now are auto battle which does go through more than manual does. but I always have more than enough of everything. I do get some advanced troops from Continent map. But do not use them for general fighting

Jern2017

OK where do I get the amount of troops I am getting then? The greatest majority of battles I do now are auto battle which does go through more than manual does. but I always have more than enough of everything. I do get some advanced troops from Continent map. But do not use them for general fighting

Everywhere else. GE, GBG, Timeless Dojo, Daily Challenges... If you don't have any military buildings in your city, your Alcatraz will produce none, as has already been said.

Every reply to you was respectful until you started slinging feces at those who didn't give you the answer you wanted. Take some responsibility.
What happened to you, Gravitron? You and I were friends? We bonded over that other mean lady in that other thread, but now you’re just being a butt. As I’ve said clearly in this thread, I am being respectful to those who actually read the question & responded intelligently. And no, not just “giving the answer I wanted”, Sherizad didn’t give me the answer I wanted but showed she read the actual question. So stop being a crack

Algona

Aside from Traz you can get unattached troops from GE, GBG, Emissaries, lvl 5 Dojo. The new Egyptian Building Bathhouse...

Hmmm. Interesting question for folks. You are starting a new city:.

How and where do you prioritize the Cultural Settlements to get troops manufacturers versus acquiring and lvling Traz?

The CS troop providers are slow to earn, but can add a fair number of troops. Consider size and needing to lvl Traz and wanting to spam as many Rogues as possible...

An alternate methodology to think about anyway.

Anyway you have shown you have nothing useful to add to this discussion and just want to fight, bye

Graviton was speaking sooth. The problem with ignoring everyone who tells you you are a pain in the ass is that the folk on this forum who are worth listening to...

BTW this forum is full of folk who I don't necessarily agree with but are always worth listening to. Ignoring them is a great way to miss out on valuable insights and information.

...are the exact same folks you'll have on ignore. Because so many of those posters will tell you to your face that...

I realize I’ve been rude, arrogant, wrong, insulting in this thread and every other place I've posted in almost every post to almost everyone.

(fFixed.) ...you are indeed, rude. arrogant, wrong, insulting in almost every post you've posted.

Maybe you have me on ignore as well, dollogaf? I'm not writing to you, you will continue to be such. I'm writing for the benefit of other new posters who may read this and realize that the best use of this forum to their advantage is to not be you, err, I mean, act like you.

DreadfulCadillac

Speaking of lazy thinking - you really cannot abort all side quests. You know that, right? It doesn’t allow you to. that option doesn’t exist for all side quests and you end up having to do a large portion of them. Can someone who actually remembers what it’s like to be a younger city try answering for once?
This is going to be unpopular but:
The first GBS you need are going to be population and happiness to counter that population. INNO was a lifesaver for me, later on i delted it cause i hd so much excess population from event buildings. The Capitol is nice for population in early ages, and only requires INDY goods.On top of that, it provides some HP.Coins are a issue with a population GB though so I wouldn't rush into getting one. Population is really useful especially in the Beginning, and saves a lot of space... 0 houses, 1 GB,. i call that a win.

Also Story quests will always be there,doesn't effect recurring quests. Side quests do thought, and are mainly triggered through campaign map activation... FINISH THOSE ASAP(the ones that you cant abort). After those are done You get Recurring Quests. There is someone who used to be on the forum, he/she was in iron age and used a chat to HEAVILY ABUSE recurring quests....I mean it was crazy.......

If you are plundering or fighting traz is a must,but don't pressure yourself getting it. Traz is also nice to counter population with HP like i talked about earlier.

If you can farm RQ, and have the time to do that it is the most valuable building in the game.there are some who debate whether The Arc or The Chateu is a more valuable building.
Guild hopping is a great way to gain coins, which fills up the recurring collect X amount of coins quest.You do this by aiding every person in the guild, and repeat with any more guilds until you finish the quest, then cycle back to the quest. Its also a great way to collect blueprints.

Until you are getting Recurring quests i would not get it.Although it does do bonus on all quests, in my opinion its not worth it yet. Especially as you only make 20 fp, you are rushing through the tech tree. I would slow down, and concentrate more on city, less on tech tree.Yes it is good for goods, but not yet..

Unrelated but if you were curious iv'e been playing for AT LEAST 3 years, current city is 2+ years i believe.

People are going to hate this, but i wouldn't suggest getting a ARC get either. WHY? Because i think you need a solid foundation and base BEFORE you get a arc.
Also a screenshot of your city would help : )
If you have more questions, I am happy to help.Also i would suggest reading the guides in the guides part of the forum, lots are very useful.

PS:IF you can, i'd get at least a zues : ) ALSO Babel isnt the worst building in the world for population and goods at the same time.

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

Well, no. CF gives bonuses to all applicable Rewards, including Story, Side, and Bonus Quests.

If you choose not to farm RQs, CF can still be of value especially if you are a freeroller, there are a useful number f Quests that pay Diamonds that get boosted by CF. This will help with Diamond Expansions.

If I were starting a new city and was not going to farm RQs, I would not not build a CF until I had assures that I could do DCs, 64 GE, and go deep in GBG.

Which is exactly the approach I took in my most recent city.

My bona fides? I started five years ago. I started a new city three years ago, again last year. Both of those were documented in Glarg's Guide on starting a new city. And, yeah, I am an expert on how to start new cities.

----------

Completely unsolicited advice, do with it what you will. Being in EMA and only producing 20 additional FP per day is a sign that you may be moving through the tech tree too fast,

You might consider slowing down your tech climb a bit. This game requires players to either take a fair amount of time in each Era building up capability or reach a point where the city is woefully unprepared for facing the ever increasing difficulty of GE, GBG, DCs, Quests, Events, Tech and CMap progress.

----------

More unsolicited advice. You need to stop this:

You don't know how to say you are wrong. Worse, you can't seem to recognize the fact that when multiple long term players tell you something fundamental about the game that disagree with what you think you; are the one who is almost certainly wrong.

I first noticed this about you in the thread in bugs where you were completely wrong, a n00b arguing with folk who are expert (the first respondent wrote the best Guide on this forum), and carried it over into the silly argument about flipping GBs.

You need to be a lot more graceful. This game is a social game, if you treat Guildies the way you treat folk on this forum you'll have a tough time staying in any Guild worth being in.

Your first post in this thread was almost entirely a statement indicting lng term players for not understanding starting a new city, then you asked for help.

Just who do you think can answer this sort of questions? The folk who have played for years? Or other new players?

More grace, less shitty attitude.
Best post ever. @Algona You consistenly give the best posts with the best advice, TY:)

This is going to be unpopular but:
The first GBS you need are going to be population and happiness to counter that population. INNO was a lifesaver for me, later on i delted it cause i hd so much excess population from event buildings. The Capitol is nice for population in early ages, and only requires INDY goods.On top of that, it provides some HP.Coins are a issue with a population GB though so I wouldn't rush into getting one. Population is really useful especially in the Beginning, and saves a lot of space... 0 houses, 1 GB,. i call that a win.

Also Story quests will always be there,doesn't effect recurring quests. Side quests do thought, and are mainly triggered through campaign map activation... FINISH THOSE ASAP(the ones that you cant abort). After those are done You get Recurring Quests. There is someone who used to be on the forum, he/she was in iron age and used a chat to HEAVILY ABUSE recurring quests....I mean it was crazy.......

If you are plundering or fighting traz is a must,but don't pressure yourself getting it. Traz is also nice to counter population with HP like i talked about earlier.

If you can farm RQ, and have the time to do that it is the most valuable building in the game.there are some who debate whether The Arc or The Chateu is a more valuable building.
Guild hopping is a great way to gain coins, which fills up the recurring collect X amount of coins quest.You do this by aiding every person in the guild, and repeat with any more guilds until you finish the quest, then cycle back to the quest. Its also a great way to collect blueprints.

Until you are getting Recurring quests i would not get it.Although it does do bonus on all quests, in my opinion its not worth it yet. Especially as you only make 20 fp, you are rushing through the tech tree. I would slow down, and concentrate more on city, less on tech tree.Yes it is good for goods, but not yet..

Unrelated but if you were curious iv'e been playing for AT LEAST 3 years, current city is 2+ years i believe.

People are going to hate this, but i wouldn't suggest getting a ARC get either. WHY? Because i think you need a solid foundation and base BEFORE you get a arc.
Also a screenshot of your city would help : )
If you have more questions, I am happy to help.Also i would suggest reading the guides in the guides part of the forum, lots are very useful.

PS:IF you can, i'd get at least a zues : ) ALSO Babel isnt the worst building in the world for population and goods at the same time.

Cool, thanks for the solid and thoughtful advice. Actually have Zeus, TOB, LOA, and also Arc and Traz etc. but advanced player in guild is saying to delete TOB and get CF and that the guild “won’t support junk GBs like TOB” which I totally depend on for a chunk of my population and those goods I get from it are nice also (which I use in negotiations for GBG). So I feel like I have to level it up in hiding, never put it on swap threads etc, and hope nobody in my guild notices me putting FP on it. And I will delete it one day, but not now. I appreciate what you’re saying and that you can appreciate that newer cities players have different needs than those in higher levels.

DreadfulCadillac

Cool, thanks for the solid and thoughtful advice. Actually have Zeus, TOB, LOA, and also Arc and Traz etc. but advanced player in guild is saying to delete TOB and get CF and that the guild “won’t support junk GBs like TOB” which I totally depend on for a chunk of my population and those goods I get from it are nice also (which I use in negotiations for GBG). So I feel like I have to level it up in hiding, never put it on swap threads etc, and hope nobody in my guild notices me putting FP on it. And I will delete it one day, but not now. I appreciate what you’re saying and that you can appreciate that newer cities players have different needs than those in higher levels.
Sounds like you need a new guild.

Sounds like you need a new guild.

Well, like I said, this isn’t the only world I play in and I’ve seen this kind of advice/behavior from advanced players in other guilds multiple times in the 4 months that ive been playing (not all on the same world) so I doubt that changing guilds will make it go away. Can you honestly tell me that the advanced player obsession with particular GBs, combined with their complete lack of sympathy for younger cities can be fixed by changing guilds? So far every single guild I’ve encountered has had advanced players who seem to think they’re the first to give the advice to what they perceive as a total noob of “Get an Arc level it up to 80”, like that’s something someone in Iron Age can snap their fingers and do, or should even prioritize. I’ve also had various different “helpful” advanced players in multiple guilds in various worlds advise me to just “get rid of all of your goods buildings”. And on one guild the leader was telling all of the noobs to delete their Oracle of Delphi that they had just acquired. I mean, look at how a couple of people on this very thread gave the exact same advice (Arc and Traz obsessed) then got extremely offended and name called and attacked when I called them out on it.

Anyway, I didn’t mean to make this into a therapy sesh about that particular guild, because they did GIVE me all of those GBs, making sure I got the blueprints and all of the goods, and level them up for me. It’s just that all they ask in advance is my undying devotion, total commitment, and ability to perform miracles while not needing any silly old resources for my city or goods for the negotiations that keep our guild at the top of platinum level. No, I am planning to continue to stay in the guild while they’re still buying me GBs. I just have to keep my eyes open and be aware of some of the bad advice they push on me.

The Lady Redneck

Aside from Traz you can get unattached troops from GE, GBG, Emissaries, lvl 5 Dojo. The new Egyptian Building Bathhouse...
Do not have Emissary that gives troops, Do not have timeless dojo,Do not do the Daily for troops unless it is for rogues, If we can hold the Gold in GE without doing more than level 2 that is all I do. Only play GBG (Except in Beta) on casual basis and are happy to sit in Gold. So get very few troops from that. Have not done any Egyptian settlement at all. All Except 2 of my worlds have been going since before GE started and have been getting more troops than I will use from somewhere in them. My unattached troops in my older worlds are all over 100. Rogues which I do have buildings for have well over 200, and Champs retreats are also producing well, And in all worlds troop numbers are balanced, I have about the same number of each of the units whether I have the buildings for them or not. Am curious now so have been building troop barracks to see if that balance alters.

The Lady Redneck

WELL I didn’t say any of that,
I did not say you did, Nor was I thinking you were being sarcastic. I was simply quoting a few of the type of post that regulars get thrown at them on an almost daily basis. It gets very disheartening after a while when anything you try to do to help people gets thrown back at you. Usually with snarky and often down right ignorant responses from people who do not understand the game mechanics and simply assume it is the game that is at fault and long time players do not want to change anything because they do not want to "move with the times". AND if you are in a guild where you are being forced to go beyond your abilities, That guild is either too advanced for you at this stage of your development. Or the guild is being run by idiots who simply use noobs as fodder for their own gameplay. The leaders may have high level GBs, points etc but if they bought there way up there with cash, instead of taking the time to LEARN the game, they probably do not know any more about the game than you do and are themselves only mouthing off what they have heard from others. In That case tell them to shove it and go find an old established guild . Some of which even have a second guild for training prospective members of the main guild.

A lot of noobs now seem to want it all on a plate and for everything to be a bed of roses from day one. you will find that out for yourself as your game progresses. If they do not understand it it must be changed to suit them. They cannot comprehend that sometimes they need to change to suit the game. When I first started it was not long before I realized that my city was a mess, it was not working. I did not blame the game, or the guys that had been around longer than I had and who quite bluntly told me I was being dumb (some sre still very good friends) Twice I ended up scrapping my city and moved to another world to start over because I got in a mess. I did not freak out because answers I go were not what I wanted or I did not understand. I took the advice I was given, used what suited me. And learned from MY own mistakes.

DeletedUser

Do not have Emissary that gives troops, Do not have timeless dojo,Do not do the Daily for troops unless it is for rogues, If we can hold the Gold in GE without doing more than level 2 that is all I do. Only play GBG (Except in Beta) on casual basis and are happy to sit in Gold. So get very few troops from that. Have not done any Egyptian settlement at all. All Except 2 of my worlds have been going since before GE started and have been getting more troops than I will use from somewhere in them. My unattached troops in my older worlds are all over 100. Rogues which I do have buildings for have well over 200, and Champs retreats are also producing well, And in all worlds troop numbers are balanced, I have about the same number of each of the units whether I have the buildings for them or not. Am curious now so have been building troop barracks to see if that balance alters.
If you do the first two levels of GE each week, you will get 12 random unattached current era troops per week from that. For the 3rd, 7th, 11th and 15th encounters in level 3 (when/if you do those) you would get 3 more current era troops from each of those. So if you've been in your current era for a few weeks consistently doing level 2 and sometimes more in GE, then that's where your troops are coming from, not from your Traz. If all you have in your city is Rogue Hideouts/Dens and Champ Retreats, then Rogues and Champs is all your Traz will give you.