• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Chatoue frontenac is overpowerd

darkcloud63

What was inno thinking when they designed it, did they not think about rq so that you can get infinite goods. I know most of you are going to defend it because you all have it and I even have it i just think it's broken

Johnny B. Goode

What was inno thinking when they designed it, did they not think about rq so that you can get infinite goods. I know most of you are going to defend it because you all have it and I even have it i just think it's broken
Well, yeah, it's overpowered. But have you never heard of the Arc, the original overpowered GB that completely changed the game?

Darkest.Knight

Having finished up the story questline I went from a shortage of something to an excess of everything. No complaints on the rewards, I've found several uses for my excesses (xtra negotiations doing battlegrounds, metals in the tower, diamonds easy enough, fp's never too many). Infinite would be better, lol.

Ebeondi Asi

Then I'm lucky. I never used CF. I had it leveled up to ten and forgot it. I hate Quests. And hate RQs even worse.After two years plus I an finally leveling it up only because it is one of the last ones to level up
I never feel i miised out on anything.

Emberguard

I know most of you are going to defend it because you all have it and I even have it i just think it's broken
Oh I'm not defending that. I also found it overpowered for the environment its in. On its own it's a good idea, but the game just wasn't designed with the Chateau Frontenac in mind.

It was significantly less overpowered back when:
(1) there was a level 10 cap on all Great Buildings. This was what had been in place at the time of originally designing the Chateau Frontenac and would have determined its power
(2) There was no Arc to speed up the leveling of Great Buildings at the time of Chateau Frontenac being introduced.
(3) Powercreep used to be less pronounced. Shrine of Knowledge used to be the best you could hope for in a special Event building. As Forge Points become more easily obtained, buildings like Chateau Frontenac only become more powerful by being levelled up that much faster.

But yeah.... Unless I'm specifically trying to do a challenge, no way I'm not going to build it if I want goods. It's too good to pass up as long as I'm willing to do quests

Agent327

What exactly do you want to achieve with this post? Chateau Frontenac was introduced in 2013. Recurring quests existed at the time. The cap that GB's could only reach level 10 was removed in 2014. Recurring quests still existed. What makes you think they did not think about it? Furthermore, what do you expect they can do about it more than 7 years later?

Pericles the Lion

What exactly do you want to achieve with this post? Chateau Frontenac was introduced in 2013. Recurring quests existed at the time. The cap that GB's could only reach level 10 was removed in 2014. Recurring quests still existed. What makes you think they did not think about it? Furthermore, what do you expect they can do about it more than 7 years later?
This thread is in the General Game Discussion sub-forum. Do the rules say that the OP must have a goal in mind when they post?

Agent327

Well, since this is in General Game Discussions and Feedback, they probably wanted to talk about it. You know, like communities do. Talk about stuff. Like, game stuff. :)

Well, since this is in General Game Discussions and Feedback, HE/SHE probably wanted to give feedback. You know, like communities do. Give feedback about stuff. Like, game stuff. :)

Johnny B. Goode

Well, since this is in General Game Discussions and Feedback, HE/SHE probably wanted to give feedback. You know, like communities do. Give feedback about stuff. Like, game stuff. :)
Again in this thread, I refer you back to the wording of the OP. It speaks of Inno in the third person, meaning they are talking to other players about the Chateau Frontenac, not giving Inno feedback. Feedback is where you direct your comments to the game developers, not to other players. This is basic logic. :)
Not only referring to Inno in the third person, but then directly addressing other players. Here, let me help you:
What was inno thinking when they designed it, did they not think about rq so that you can get infinite goods.
Inno in the third person. I bolded the relevant words for you.
I know most of you are going to defend it because you all have it and I even have it i just think it's broken
Directed to fellow players. Like I said, discussion. Not feedback. :)

Agent327

Again in this thread, I refer you back to the wording of the OP. It speaks of Inno in the third person, meaning they are talking to other players about the Chateau Frontenac, not giving Inno feedback. Feedback is where you direct your comments to the game developers, not to other players. This is basic logic. :)

Not only referring to Inno in the third person, but then directly addressing other players. Here, let me help you:

Inno in the third person. I bolded the relevant words for you.

Directed to fellow players. Like I said, discussion. Not feedback. :)

Really? Question remains, what does the OP want to achieve with it. If he wanted to talk about it, like you suggested, wouldn't he just do that? Talk about it? React to the response he is getting? If you want to discuss something wouldn't you be back for the discussion. Posting something like this and not coming back after that almost looks like feedback, don't you think?

No need to answer that last question. Not going into another Abbott and Costello act with you. You are right, I am wrong, so no need to start shouting.

How did you calculate this?
There are 8 RQs in the Iron Age RQ cycle, and we will be using 2 of the 8 RQs, so 3 aborts per RQ completed. With 2000 aborts, one can complete about 666.66 quests. There is a 5/14 chance you get goods, and for a level 78 CF, you make 30 goods in the reward. So the expected value would be 5/14*30*666.66, which is 7142.85 goods a day. For FP, it is 666.66*5*1/14 which is around 238.09 FPs.

Pericles the Lion

@Chicken Thighs R Best, I understand your math but is it possible to do 2 of the RQs? 333 iterations of the UBQ requires 666K coins and supplies (the CF covers the coins and another high-level GB like the HC can handle the supplies) should not be a problem. What other RQ can be done 333 times daily? The "spend FPs" quest would require 5K FPs, the produce "skewers" or "cheese wheels" take 24 hours to complete, "gather coins/supplies" require gathering almost 2MM coins/supplies in 5K bites. Realistically, I think that the upper limit for goods and FPs is about half of what you calculated. A big number still but what a grind getting there.

Emberguard

I don't think it's overpowered, as it takes at least some effort to first get it levelled and then to exploit its ability. If somebody wants to spend hours spinning through quests, I guess they earned it
If effort alone determined whether something is OP there’d be no such thing as OP. Doing anything in the game takes effort to exploit or set up

If everything in the game was as it is now with the exception that if I did a bunch of things (let’s say it takes a year or two to complete against a single player that I target as an opponent), I could then plunder your entire inventory stock would that be OP? Everything: Goods, forge points, buildings, consumerables and even dismonds. Or would you still hold to effort involved making it not OP?

What makes the Chateau Frontenac over powered is its ability to outproduce entire cities on its own. Most if not all other buildings run on a 24 hr cycle to determine output. CF bypasses this completely.

Last edited: