• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Chatoue frontenac is overpowerd

Johnny B. Goode

A sense of humor is good, I didn't put up the Arc until very late, I finished the story questline before I put up the silly thing, it wasn't useful from my point of view and I still don't think the building is the end all. Doesn't matter what someone else thinks, present or absent wouldn't change this game much at all. If ur really rigid u might not appreciate that opinions r only opinions.
It's not my opinion that the Arc changed the game, it's a fact. The fact that you don't see the usefulness of the Arc just shows your lack of in depth game knowledge. Not to mention the big picture where the Arc's impact is unmistakable. Whether you have one or not does not change the truth of the Arc's presence having an impact on what's possible in building a city. Things that simply would not be possible without high level Arcs existing. Even if you don't own one yourself. Your opinion on whether or not any GB (or other game mechanic) is overpowered is irrelevant if all you're basing it on is your own little slice of the FoE world and ignoring what's going on in the FoE world at large.

Darkest.Knight

The master, too funny, makes u sound like ur doing poorly and it's not your fault. Sry but u r not the authority no matter how much u try to shovel.

Emberguard

@Darkest.Knight I can understand if you believe the Arc isn't that big of a deal. As you said, you can play through the game without using it. (It just takes longer)

However, I would like you to think about one thing in terms of what impact the Arc has had on game balance. If the Arc didn't exist for anyone, what would your Guild be able to do and how would that have impacted your growth?

Darkest.Knight

I've always watched my rank standing to evaluate my progress, w/o using an arc I moved thru the story questline while I advanced up the rankings at a steady constant pace. The principle reason I even bothered with it at all was to be a generous contributor to my friends' buildings. I'm still moving along pretty well, at rank 226 going back and forth with person ahead of me. Like passing on the highway, don't want to let me pass, but as they say resistance is futile. My build is quite different from the going top dogs, most I've looked at are big fighters, but not big fp producers. Early on I decided not rely on getting fps from others and building up fighting skills last. 1500 fps/daily plus so now i'm moving along well. A lot of players don't watch ranking but more do as u move up, the same is true in the tower, seems to create a chain reaction and forces players to spend metals to keep up. It's amusing that in the end my build and the fighters will be quite similar except I use space for fps while they've chosen fighting skills. With the best buildings u can have both, slow to get make duplicates of the best.

Emberguard

except I use space for fps while they've chosen fighting skills. With the best buildings u can have both, slow to get make duplicates of the best.
That's my preference too for one simple reason: If I ever get bored of fighting I won't suddenly lose my income overnight. There is value in placing down attacking buildings, but I find greater value in FP buildings.

Sluggie

I too noted you "could" theoretically do this RQ recurring recurring recurring recurring too. I definitely do not have the time to roll through that many iterations. On a whim, I might scroll thru the RQ iterations 2 maybe 3 times extra but after that..."I'm done"...but IF somebody did (perhaps an autologger/keyer)... And yes I too (in EMA currently) have much surplus daily gold/supplies to do it. You don't even need the CF, just gold/supplies to complete a RQ (and some of the rewards are rebates back of the same).
As an observation: I don't get raw FP as a rewards option, but a "package" which (not tested as I don't got a CF) I believe would not be boosted. Nor are diamonds on the rewards list for my RQ. And don't really need the goods much atm. So, the only real benefit I'd get from the RQ random reward is a FP "package".

Pericles the Lion

I too noted you "could" theoretically do this RQ recurring recurring recurring recurring too. I definitely do not have the time to roll through that many iterations. On a whim, I might scroll thru the RQ iterations 2 maybe 3 times extra but after that..."I'm done"...but IF somebody did (perhaps an autologger/keyer)... And yes I too (in EMA currently) have much surplus daily gold/supplies to do it. You don't even need the CF, just gold/supplies to complete a RQ (and some of the rewards are rebates back of the same).
As an observation: I don't get raw FP as a rewards option, but a "package" which (not tested as I don't got a CF) I believe would not be boosted. Nor are diamonds on the rewards list for my RQ. And don't really need the goods much atm. So, the only real benefit I'd get from the RQ random reward is a FP "package".
The UBQ costs coins and supplies to complete and the odds of winning a coin/supply reward are such that the rewards are less than the cost. Doing repetitive UBQs will exhaust a player's stash of both coins and supplies in time. With a low level CF the cupboard gets emptied more slowly but it still gets emptied. Before INNO implemented the 2000 abort limit a hyper-levelled CF could drive a perpetual motion machine for those inclined to cycle through countless RQs.

Just An Observer

Lately I do the RQ until the 2000 Abort limit is reached and I have that done in the morning. My way of treating the RQ is that it is a place to collect rewards aplenty. The time spent on clicks is about 75 minutes. Breaking the time into 10 minute segments keeps me fresh enough to soldier on. Figure on getting around 100 FP's into your inventory bank plus a lot of goods with Medals and such being gravy on a daily basis.

FoE offers plenty of ways to collect rewards. If you have the time to do all of them, you can really make a haul. If time is short, then pick and choose the ones you like. FoE does offer plenty of stuff for those willing to put in the work.

Johnny B. Goode

As an observation: I don't get raw FP as a rewards option, but a "package" which (not tested as I don't got a CF) I believe would not be boosted. Nor are diamonds on the rewards list for my RQ.
You actually get a medium Forge Point package, which contains 5 FP and goes into your inventory. And you are correct in that it would not be boosted. Nor are BPs boosted if they are the reward.
Diamonds are on the rewards list for RQs. However, you can only receive them once for each unique RQ in an age. After the first time that slot comes up, any additional times that slot comes up you get Medals instead. Whether that slot gives Diamonds or Medals, the total is boosted by the CF.

Example: Player fulfills the UBQ once per day. Random reward can be coins, supplies, BPs, FPs, goods, or Diamonds (once)/Medals (remaining times). This applies to each unique RQ. So getting Diamonds for the UBQ once does not preclude getting Diamonds once for every other type of RQ.

Sharmon the Impaler

You actually get a medium Forge Point package, which contains 5 FP and goes into your inventory. And you are correct in that it would not be boosted. Nor are BPs boosted if they are the reward.
Diamonds are on the rewards list for RQs. However, you can only receive them once for each unique RQ in an age. After the first time that slot comes up, any additional times that slot comes up you get Medals instead. Whether that slot gives Diamonds or Medals, the total is boosted by the CF.

Example: Player fulfills the UBQ once per day. Random reward can be coins, supplies, BPs, FPs, goods, or Diamonds (once)/Medals (remaining times). This applies to each unique RQ. So getting Diamonds for the UBQ once does not preclude getting Diamonds once for every other type of RQ.

I can vouch for this being true. I have 3 recurring in SAV and have done 10/14 RQs and all the times diamonds came up (once for each) they were boosted.

Emberguard

Alcatraz, the original game breaker: What I am to you?
Funnily enough both Alcatraz and Chateau Frontenac are from the same age and they were both game breakers. Don't know which one was considered the game breaker first, but they both would have been in their own right

Dessire

As I asked in the other thread. What are you talking about? Nobody here, least of all me, was talking to you or about you. I don't even know (or care) who or what you are.
US is a free country where you can say what you think with the rule of "do not be disrespectful". your posts are public, any person can read them and give their opinion about them :D

RazorbackPirate

US is a free country where you can say what you think with the rule of "do not be disrespectful". your posts are public, any person can read them and give their opinion about them :D
Which still leaves us all wondering what you're talking about and why?

Johnny B. Goode

Funnily enough both Alcatraz and Chateau Frontenac are from the same age and they were both game breakers. Don't know which one was considered the game breaker first, but they both would have been in their own right
Actually neither one. Arc is still the original game breaker. Without the hyper leveling made so much easier by the Arc, neither of the others would be particularly overpowered.

RazorbackPirate

All the Arc did was speed the progression to the place we would still be. Without the Arc, long time players would still have high level GBs and be speed leveling them with GBG as they do now.

Every addition Inno has made to the game has made it easier to obtain the resources needed to progress, including the constant power creep. That players found a way to utilize the new tool to it's maximum advantage should also come as no surprise.

You may not like the effect of the Arc, you may not like how players have optimized the Arc, but to think that Inno did not know what it was doing when it introduced the Arc is silly. The Arc did exactly as Inno intended, make the game easier to play.

Sharmon the Impaler

The Arc actually helped level the playing field. Imagine a guild with “elite” 800% combat strength players while most have 100-250% strength and those are considered “veteran” players.

Ebeondi Asi

Too bad we have not had another 'game breaker. The next GB one can only hope...
And I have to say the difference between 1000 and 1800 is huge, depending on what Era one is in.
PS I am around 1800 in all three Worlds attack and attack defense in SAM, From my perspective every 10% added matters.. And I am actively seeking more.