• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHEATERS!!!!!

DeletedUser33297

Hey I retired as founder from my guild so I'm lacking in the drama department so this is making up for that lol.

I'm still with you trink.

Thanks SJS....I started off liking Steve a lot, but more and more, I see why you 2 are at odds. Some people will complain if you poke them in the eye with a clean stick.

DeletedUser33297

Once again you're leaving out important details and not addressing at all the truth or accuracy of the leader's message that you posted, so until you come clean, apology not accepted.
Here's the EXACT message @Stephen Longshanks ....Please feel free to highlight the parts YOU don't understand and need help with me "cleaning."

"As you all no doubt aware Trink has had his membership withdrawn. This action has not been taken lightly and all the Guild Owners are upset at this outcome.
There had been an issue raised around a shortage of FP from the swap threads between Trink and another player. The matter was investigates and an acceptable explanation was provided. Restitution over and above the short amount was made and further administrative action was taken against the offender and the matter had we thought been dealt with to the satisfaction of all involved.
Sadly this has proved not to be the case and Trink refused to let the matter go. He has been actively seeking a new guild for some time as a result and coupled with his messages to Global, to the Guild Owners and also an offensive message to the other player a decision was made to remove him from membership.
He has been a valued member and we were truly impressed with his progress to the point were we could see him a leader in the guild but sadly this will not now occur here. We do wish him every success in going forward and hope he enjoys his membership in The Recruit Council.”

DeletedUser26965

Thanks SJS....I started off liking Steve a lot, but more and more, I see why you 2 are at odds. Some people will complain if you poke them in the eye with a clean stick.
Well, I can agree with him sometimes, Stephen has his own point of view on the matter so I leave that up to him and l'll try not to butt in. But these issues, sheesh, so insignificant in some ways but can also illuminate the significance on the humanity involved.

Here's something I ran into recently, not a drama issue but I can see how this could have turned into one. I have a swap partner, which tend to work out better than swap threads and 5 man GB teams, so 6,000 fp's into it our swapping and I did an accounting and found about a 200fp discrepancy against him according to what we gave on the GB's to what was actually written down on the thread. We were actually almost even on the GB's but he was about 200 ahead on the thread.

At first I was almost fearful to address it because I was thinking how my partner may have felt cheated somehow. I went though each of our GB's three times just to be positive. Suffice it to say he accepted without grief or question and we moved on as usual like nothing happened. A good day.

DeletedUser33297

Well, I can agree with him sometimes, Stephen has his own point of view on the matter so I leave that up to him and l'll try not to butt in. But these issues, sheesh, so insignificant in some ways but can also illuminate the significance on the humanity involved.

Here's something I ran into recently, not a drama issue but I can see how this could have turned into one. I have a swap partner, which tend to work out better than swap threads and 5 man GB teams, so 6,000 fp's into it our swapping and I did an accounting and found about a 200fp discrepancy against him according to what we gave on the GB's to what was actually written down on the thread.

At first I was almost fearful to address it because I was thinking how my partner may have felt cheated somehow. I went though each of our GB's three times just to be positive. Suffice it to say he accepted without grief or question and we moved on as usual like nothing happened. A good day.
My issue was NEVER about the fps...it was ALWAYS about responsibilty. EXPLAIN HOW and/or WHY your situation existed. If its a viable explaination, so be it, but if it sucks, then be ready for a cross examination. My guild NEVER SAID WHAT HIS EXCUSE WAS!!!!!

DeletedUser26965

My issue was NEVER about the fps...it was ALWAYS about responsibilty. EXPLAIN HOW and/or WHY your situation existed. If its a viable explaination, so be it, but if it sucks, then be ready for a cross examination. My guild NEVER SAID WHAT HIS EXCUSE WAS!!!!!
Yeah, I get that. I've had a similar issue about the swap threads come up as well as a founder. Those threads can be a real mess, ugh. So what I did was set up a thread with the other founders and the three people involved. Technically it was only two really but we needed them all there so we could settle the issue.

What happened was a player put a GB on the swap thread the old way by just writing down the GB instead of attaching it, the next guy either missed it or chose to ignore it and gave the 50fp to the guy above him. So now the real fun starts because one guy has 50 too many, another guy doesn't have 50, and the guy who was supposed to give 50 to the guy without 50 got his 50 from the guy after him:confused:. Regardless, two of the people involved never responded to the thread and the one guy who made the error left the guild and that was the end of it lol. I don't know if it ever got resolved but hell, we tried anyway.

DeletedUser33297

Well, now you're contradicting yourself. Earlier this evening you said:

So apparently at first it was about the FP, because you accepted his restitution and the administrative punishment. So what happened 10 days later that triggered your epiphany?

There is none of the guild leader's message that I didn't understand. What I wanted from you was verification or denial that what he said was true. I no longer need that, as you have confirmed the truth of what he said. Now I can tell you as a long time guild leader that if a member of one of my guilds had been involved in an issue with another member, and the matter had been resolved with both parties originally signing off on it, and then one of them had started (10 days later) filling guild threads and global chat with "malcontent" messages, that player would have been booted ASAP. Which is what happened to you. The really telling thing is that no one from that guild or world has come to your defense, despite your claim that:
Jesus @Stephen Longshanks Just pick a freaking side.
I didn't LIKE it when they did IT. I just didn't realize I should have STOOD up THEN.
It WASN'T about the fps, even tho that's what initiated this. I don't have to be concerned about the overall fps to NOT want to be cheated. Your mixing aplles and oranges...SIR. If your opinion is to be believed, losing fps is the ends to a means.....Like I HOPED I was cheated, so I could create this thread. That is an ASSININE theory, and unless you cant counter it, thats the theory I think you have.

DeletedUser33297

="Stephen Longshanks, post: 204018, member: 18005"]I'm pretty sure I've been on the same side in this since you posted the guild leader's message. You should not try to justify yourself by putting words in my mouth, or by trying to mischaracterize what I've said to suit your own agenda. I really don't know why you started this thread, except maybe whining in the guild (before you were booted) and global chat just wasn't enough for you. Or maybe you thought that if you came here and just told your edited version of what happened we would all sympathize with you. Well, that went out the window when you posted the guild leader's message. Some advice for the future: When you try to play the victim, don't post evidence that contradicts your victimhood. You're welcome. You really should just drop this, because I am retired, too, so I can keep this up as long as you can. Without having to take two weeks off.

="TrinkOne, post: 202517, member: 33297"]All good points...thats what I am looking for.
If you "Read as well well as you run your mouth" I never said I expected an answer. If you intend to waste my time as well as your own, then so be it....your willingness to be an idiot, and my willingness to follow you, speaks volumes.

DeletedUser33297

How do you see your role here? Whiner? Spoiled brat? Malcontent? Cause you ceased being a victim when you continued this on past your booting from the guild. In fact, judging from what you've said, you ceased being a victim when you started up again 10 days after the matter had been settled.
Please be SPECIFIC....
As a Whiner I get +10 Anti-social Bonus
As a Spoiled Brat I get +10% to coin improvements
As a Malcontent I simple get the pleasure of being a Malcontent
I NEVER ceased being a victim. If I killed your dad, and I died, does that cease you being the victim? Some things can't change.

"Actually, I do read as well as I run my mouth. Thanks for noticing." Thats a matter of opinion."
"If you didn't expect an answer, why did you post this thread on the Forum to begin with?" Again, this proves my point....Did you even read my post...

Nothing is EVER settled Obi-Wan....Game on.
All good points...thats what I am looking for. .

Volodya

Here's the EXACT message @Stephen Longshanks ....Please feel free to highlight the parts YOU don't understand and need help with me "cleaning."

"As you all no doubt aware Trink has had his membership withdrawn. This action has not been taken lightly and all the Guild Owners are upset at this outcome.
There had been an issue raised around a shortage of FP from the swap threads between Trink and another player. The matter was investigates and an acceptable explanation was provided. Restitution over and above the short amount was made and further administrative action was taken against the offender and the matter had we thought been dealt with to the satisfaction of all involved.
Sadly this has proved not to be the case and Trink refused to let the matter go. He has been actively seeking a new guild for some time as a result and coupled with his messages to Global, to the Guild Owners and also an offensive message to the other player a decision was made to remove him from membership.
He has been a valued member and we were truly impressed with his progress to the point were we could see him a leader in the guild but sadly this will not now occur here. We do wish him every success in going forward and hope he enjoys his membership in The Recruit Council.”
The key piece of information we're still missing is what "acceptable explanation" was given to the guild leader by the malefactor. If you've noted that somewhere I apologize for overlooking it, but I don't think you have. As I said earlier, you don't owe us an answer to that question, but absent it, I remain agnostic about where the fault should mostly be apportioned here.

DeletedUser26965

The key piece of information we're still missing is what "acceptable explanation" was given to the guild leader by the malefactor. If you've noted that somewhere I apologize for overlooking it, but I don't think you have. As I said earlier, you don't owe us an answer to that question, but absent it, I remain agnostic about where the fault should mostly be apportioned here.
He did here;

My guild NEVER SAID WHAT HIS EXCUSE WAS!!!!!

What they should have done is like what I did and put them and the rest of the founders in a thread together and have it all out there.

Volodya

He did here;
Thank you. I would've thought in that case Trink's next step would've been to ask the guild leader what the excuse was, since they (the guild leader) explicitly found it "acceptable." And yes, I can imagine "excuses" that I would've deemed acceptable as well, even for repeated offenses. None of them are particularly likely, but unlikely sequences of events do happen sometimes.

DeletedUser33297

After 3 times, I find 'no' excuseses acceptable.....thats wherein lies the problem. Im not guild worthy if I cant "go woth the flow."
You cant catch someone again if you're not around.

DeletedUser31592

While I agree that nothing excuses three separate instances, in the future, you will find it much better to handle these things behind the scenes. I'm inferring that your dismissal from the guild was due to unnecessary drama in guild threads. Most guilds will not tolerate this, as public bickering and fighting have been the demise of many guilds. From a leadership standpoint, the other player was breaking rules, but it was containable. However, your behavior was far worse for the guild as a whole.

In the future, it is best to handle these things privately with leaders. I've had an ongoing problem with a specific guildmate in one world. I have been talking it over with the founder for weeks. I had already warned two leaders that I was likely to go off on them if they didn't get him under control. The behavior occurred again the other day, and I let the guildmate have it- through a private message. His response was to tattle, and I informed him that I've been in discussion already for weeks, so he could go ahead and talk to leadership. I put him on ignore (first time I've ever done that to a guildmate, but as I said, this has been brewing and I did not want it to escalate further.) Leaders opened a new thread with all of the leaders, plus myself and said guildmate. Guildmate was then educated in the matter. I would have preferred they remove him from the guild, but all of the leaders were working with him to prevent the problem from happening again. If it does, it will be a him or me ultimatum. I can't imagine them choosing him, but if they do, I will put my big-girl pants on and find a new guild.

DeletedUser35366

:)Yes- thank you Joe for your Service- and God bless!
And thank you for your helpful forum posts- i always learn something new about the game by reading your insights.

DeletedUser33297

While I agree that nothing excuses three separate instances, in the future, you will find it much better to handle these things behind the scenes. I'm inferring that your dismissal from the guild was due to unnecessary drama in guild threads.
I agree JC. I handled it poorly. Noted and logged. :)

DeletedUser29208

Unless you were a Marine...which I highly doubt becasuse jarheads cant type :D:D

Hate to rain on your parade, but your generalization is unfair. I'm a former marine and I most certainly CAN type. I'm also a published writer and an editor. Oohrah! Semper Fi, do or die!

Also, it helps if you don't live in a glass house - love the way you typed 'because'...

DeletedUser3485

Not easy Grav....I have been given like 8 GB kits for free from these people...they seem to be honorable, they just don't have the vision to see a snake in the grass. Now I find out thru intel hes notoriously a cheater....whats that say about my Admins. Sad day. :(:(
Sounds like you have a player that spends lots of cash on the game and Inno doesn't want to lose money by doing the right thing. Or you have guild leaders that are cowards and refuse to do the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator: