• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cheating in GBG

-Sebastian-

6. Make a GBG champion buff. Every time a 1k LP Diamond guild gets first place:

a. They would receive 3 FP bonus per proc on their earnings on the next season.
b. If they get first again, they would earn 3 more FP (Making the total 16 FP) and 1 more SoH frag per proc.
c. The next 1st place would give them the ability to farm Road to victory frags.
d. For subsequent victories, go back to letter a

As a member of a guild that's gotten 1st in diamond league on its last 6 maps (probably more like 8 or 9): PLEASE NO! This cure would be worse than the disease. Don't swallow a bird to catch the spider to catch the fly...

Staint Michael

GBG was iintroduced in the game with an idea that smaller players and guild who are not able to compete in GVG can also enjoy fights in the game but all this idea is of no use. In GBG few big guilds are teaming up and making alliances. They take over whole map rotate tiles among themselves and not allowing smaller guilds to fight. They hold tiles at 150-159 fights and take as they see other guilds hitting that tile. Also they use each others siege camps so that they have to spend less of diamonds and goods. Now smaller guilds don't want to try for higher leagues as they won't be able to fight with these alliances of bigger guilds. Bigger guilds are becoming more bigger as active players of smaller guilds leaving those guilds to join those big guilds so that they can play games. In the end all this thing is not making smaller players to enjoy the game and lossing their interest in game so this issue must be taken care of ASAP
Aww, Poor little snowflake, life is tough. Just like the real world.

mike888

What league does this happen in? It doesn't happen in the bottom 3 leagues? Both my cities are in the gold league. The league rewards are still large in these leagues. What is the problem with dropping down into a league that your guild can compete in? (Some people just like being in a bad mood. Have you ever met any? Weird.)

Emberguard

1. Make Fortresses 5x more expensive in goods while buffing its progress upgrade by 100x (making Diamond provinces take 16000 advances to conquer) so smaller guilds would actually have a motivation to actually fight tooth and nail for key sectors
.....a small guild wouldn’t even dent 16,000 advances.

Plain Red Justice

.....a small guild wouldn’t even dent 16,000 advances.
It's like that rn because if they spent guild goods they'd barely get any benefit from it since they need to be consistent all throughout a large portion of the map to actually earn so they seem pretty tame. They won't spend using the classic excuse of "let's conserve guild goods" and end up stagnating usually because the bar is set too high to earn. I haven't thought about adjusting guild goods cost on buildings yet and maybe randomizing province locks from 2-4 hours would be better which I haven't thought of initially. But you would really be surprised at what human greed can do

Last edited:
Alliances are a standard part of war. You need to know who's on the map to make them.
Oh I agree, we make them all the time ourselves. We never try for the win, just place high enough to not get knocked into platinum. However, if we get paired against 5 top guilds our guild uses that season to replenish our goods and not build towers. We look at it as an off week

DeletedUser32232

Nothing wrong with alliances per se, alliances to get and hold territory work fine. The problem is farming alliances to game GBG for maximum personal rewards. Alliances are not the problem, farming for personal rewards is the problem. Remove the personal rewards and the problem goes away. Add diamonds and FPs to the chests and you've got the extra incentive you need to be top dog.
[/QUOTE]
I really like your take on this issue. I also hate to penalize big, powerful guilds because they are big and powerful. As Agent327 has been saying the different leagues are a great merit based ranking system. But when those powerful guilds band together to drive the smaller guilds to the edge and lock them there to keep them from the opportunity for personal reward it begins to feel more like abuse than good play. Removing the more attractive of the personal rewards will, I believe, eliminate the incentive to rack up hundreds of attempts every day. Eliminating diamonds, fps, and SoH fragments would focus the game back to the guild benefits of winning the competition. At the least it would curb the idea of trying to lose so as to not advance to Diamond League. I find that "lose" stategy to be a sorry testament to a great game.

-Sebastian-

I really like your take on this issue. I also hate to penalize big, powerful guilds because they are big and powerful. As Agent327 has been saying the different leagues are a great merit based ranking system. But when those powerful guilds band together to drive the smaller guilds to the edge and lock them there to keep them from the opportunity for personal reward it begins to feel more like abuse than good play. Removing the more attractive of the personal rewards will, I believe, eliminate the incentive to rack up hundreds of attempts every day. Eliminating diamonds, fps, and SoH fragments would focus the game back to the guild benefits of winning the competition. At the least it would curb the idea of trying to lose so as to not advance to Diamond League. I find that "lose" stategy to be a sorry testament to a great game.
[/QUOTE]

Or alternatively, limit or eliminate Siege Camps and Watchtowers. They're what allow powerful guilds to fight indefinitely.

Or maybe cut back on buildings that produce insanely high attacking boosts, but I think the cat's already out of the bag there.

DeletedUser17813

It amazes me that people want to eliminate rewards or limit the ability to fight more fights just so the bigger guilds don't have the ability to get rewards haha. So because you aren't in a guild that can form an alliance or has the goods to be able to plants camps you want to punish yourselves as well. Every time Inno comes out with something that benefits anything then all of the have-nots come out in full force demanding change and whining. Quit whining and just play the game. If you aren't in a guild that can benefit in BG then either go join one...build your own to get the same ability or just enjoy the rewards that you get. By your logic guilds that have a lot of fighters that dominate the GvG maps should be punished by lowering the amount of power and points you get from holding tiles haha..come on people...it is a fighting game...quit whining and just fight and quit trying to make inno change something good. They have a hard enough time not screwing up the game already. They don't need whiners coming out and making them destroy even more.

MarktheMagnificent

It amazes me that people want to eliminate rewards or limit the ability to fight more fights just so the bigger guilds don't have the ability to get rewards haha. So because you aren't in a guild that can form an alliance or has the goods to be able to plants camps you want to punish yourselves as well. Every time Inno comes out with something that benefits anything then all of the have-nots come out in full force demanding change and whining. Quit whining and just play the game. If you aren't in a guild that can benefit in BG then either go join one...build your own to get the same ability or just enjoy the rewards that you get. By your logic guilds that have a lot of fighters that dominate the GvG maps should be punished by lowering the amount of power and points you get from holding tiles haha..come on people...it is a fighting game...quit whining and just fight and quit trying to make inno change something good. They have a hard enough time not screwing up the game already. They don't need whiners coming out and making them destroy even more.

I concur 100% with this.

Our guild is not big, only 25 members, ranging from 8 million points to 50 thousand. We are able to compete in Platinum against much bigger guilds. So far, we have failed to stay in Diamond when we have been there (in fact we got battered). However, instead of moaning, we make sure we only have active members, we are helping each other build, and we have an active recruitment policy. It make take us years before we can compete with the big boys. We may never get there, but the fun is in the attempt. What's life without a challenge? It's what got us out of living in caves.

DeletedUser3485

Same problem every time. Inno envisions one thing and players turn it into something else. Has always been like that and they will never learn, nor will it ever change.

Taking diamonds and fp's out of the personal rewards might be a (partial) solution.
This has to be the biggest bunch of cry babies I have ever seen.
Big guilds getting bigger??? The limit is 80 for every guild, grow yours.
Small guilds getting smaller??? So much for the argument that small guilds are better.
Don't like the teaming up of guilds in GBG, then join up with other guilds and stop us. Or here is a novel idea, grow your city so that you can compete.
You cry babies should go hug a tree. This game is fair to all, everyone has a chance to be the best, no one is left out unless they decide on their own to do so.
Personal rewards are the problem ??????? Are you crazy?? You actually want to cut back personal rewards for those who have built there cities to make gains???? Lets just start handing out participation trophies so everyone gets to feel warm and fuzzy inside.
You complainers are just like those people in this game that cry when a hood player plunders them routinely, or when another guild takes all your tiles in GvG and blocks from getting off a map.
LOL. Mike, right now, you seem to be the one that's acting like a crybaby as well as a sore winner. You ever hear of the phrase being a gracious winner? I can well imagine that you are the type of player that plunders everyone in your neighborhood that you can, and use the tired old motto "It's part of the game". Hey, guess what, so is having a bit of class to those you easily beat on. Do you really think that makes you a great player? Taking something from someone that can't defend against an overwhelming opponent?

Emberado

I think all Guilds can enjoy Battleground competition; it's just a matter of staying in the right league until your guild is ready to advance. Take baseball for example; at the youth level you have recreational and select, in High School you have varsity and JV, same in college, from there you have A, AA, AAA and the majors ... if a a team from the lowest league tries to play a team from the highest league they'll probably have their tails handed to them. FOE's GBG is sort of like that too only, for the most part, advancing to higher leagues is simply a matter of growing your guild to a larger number of members willing to participate in that aspect of the game. I belong to a guild with only 25 members and only about 5 or six approach GBG seriously with another 10 that are sort of here and there yet we managed to win gold in platinum league on the last competition despite 5 guilds in there that were much larger ... we got bumped to diamond league and we're getting our tails handed to us ... so we're trying to recruit players interested in GBG. Bottom line, it's a numbers thing ... if you want to compete in upper leagues you either need a lot of players helping or a whole lot of diamonds :)

Deitized-Karma

i think you misunderstood what i meant to say. My issue is not how big guild is and with which guilds they are fighting. My issue is two or three guilds in diamond league teaming up and interchanging tiles among themselves and not allowing other guilds to play. Because of such time of game play they will stay in diamond league forever as no one can beat them as they are a team of big guilds and they keep tiles locked at 150-159 fights and don't allow other guilds to play
You can try teaming up than and or wait untill you feel your guild is strong enough to solo it