• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Checkbox in Group Settings to “remove exiting guild members”

Do you support Checkbox in Group Settings to “remove exiting guild members”

• Yes

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsuero

I don't care if they write about it, I am hoping they respond by improving the game implementation.
They won't. That's not how this works.

They make money by having players involved, and I think a lot of players stay involved because of their guild, so I think INNO can benefit financially by improving guild management tools.
Yes, if they charge Diamonds for what you want, they'd make money. Otherwise, they'll make money either way doing what they've been doing. Are you a Diamond player? Are you going to quit if they don't implement this proposal? I don't see that being a popular "yes" to BOTH those questions.

I am suggesting that addressing the needs of guild leaders is a profitable strategy for the company.
There are how many guild leaders? How many are "big" spenders? How many are clamoring for what you're asking for? Show that data and I will listen to your suggestion. Otherwise, it's just a guess... and opinion... and we all have lots of those. It doesn't mean your suggestion is any more or less important to Inno. You may want this. It doesn't mean Inno wants to oblige you just because you've crunched some numbers for them and believe it would benefit them.

DeletedUser28324

I read through all the comments and I can see both side of the argument. Let me try to sum up/clear up why this would be a good feature.

In our guild we have:
7 swap threads
1.85 thread
1.9 thread
40 to level thread
New GB thread
Trade thread
GBG thread
GVG thread

All of these threads are guild threads that require an admin to update each time someone leaves or joins the guild. (14 threads)

A system where we tag a thread as a Guild thread and have it automatically add and remove people for us would save us tons of time. This system would still allow for manual addition and subtraction of people outside the guild as well.

Salsuero

would save us tons of time
I agree. But so would the aid all button. There are a lot of ways this game could save us all time. I don't know that the game devs have any real desire to save you time, though. Sure, in some ways they've made things smoother and less clunky... maybe put some effort into streamlining things. But, I think that's more about making it less buggy and more inviting to the masses. Yes, the devs have implemented quality of life improvements in the past. They've usually been about improving that quality of life across the board, not just for a small group of players (i.e. guild leaders).

I think part of the game IS wasting time to do something important to you such that another player that is lazier than you would not also achieve the same goal. Asking them to make the game easier isn't even allowed according to the DNSL, and saving you time is arguably a way to do just that. But beyond that, having the game save you time isn't necessarily a "bad" want. It's just not really something I see the devs prioritizing. They favor the things that bring in new and old money. What you've asked for doesn't help them achieve that goal. Suggesting that whales will quit if this isn't implemented is laughable because they haven't quit and it hasn't been implemented over the past many years that the game has been in existence. So, it's not an argument... not a serious one, at least.

Therefore... having this proposal go live would be a nice quality of life improvement for many if not most guild leaders. But most of the players in this game are not guild leaders and thus wouldn't see any direct benefit from this... and certainly wouldn't spend more Diamonds as a result.

This system would still allow for manual addition and subtraction of people outside the guild as well.
Once you add someone from outside the guild...... it is no longer a "guild thread." So... if this proposal makes a serious run at going live, I would argue that, upon adding someone from outside the guild, the thread should automatically revert to the state of NOT being a "guild thread" and the option to turn it into one should become disabled until such time as the thread contains ONLY guild members.

DeletedUser27734

Are you going to quit if they don't implement this proposal?
If I quit, it is because of the increasing number of tedious things they add to the game. This alone won't make the difference, but it is a step in the right direction.

There are how many guild leaders? How many are "big" spenders?
That's not my point; I don't think guild leaders individually are a big part of Inno's market, but we are the "influencers" who keep players involved.

DevaCat

If I quit, it is because of the increasing number of tedious things they add to the game. This alone won't make the difference, but it is a step in the right direction.

That's not my point; I don't think guild leaders individually are a big part of Inno's market, but we are the "influencers" who keep players involved.
You might consider yourself essential as an "influencer" keeping players involved. I might consider that viewpoint as being horse pucky.

Salsuero

we are the "influencers" who keep players involved.
Well, Diamonds are the "influencers" that keep the devs involved, so whether it was your point or not... it's relevant to consider the fact that the devs want us to spend Diamonds and so they'll focus their attention on the things that encourage that more than simple quality of life improvements for those who think they are important to the game, but are probably pretty easily replaced in the grand scheme.

AdrianHarbinger

If the devs do anything it will be to have a "Complete Now" button you can push to aid all. The button will of course cost x diamonds if you click it. It would be just like any other diamond boost. They have no motive to do it for free.

LUVS2SPWG

I like the thought behind this idea. Maybe there should be an intermediate step though. Say threads can be marked as "guild threads," but it still requires a guild leader to pull the trigger. This would avoid the potential abuse Agent327 mentioned by requiring "approval" to be added, even if you have an open admission guild. This would be one click, maybe in the "members" section of the guild window, rather than a click on each of the threads (which is difficult to ensure you've added someone to every thread when messages are flying all over the place). I mean.. I'm a bit crazy on that. I add a new member to each thread, then I refresh and open each thread again to confirm that "<PlayerName> was added by LUVS2SPWG" appears.

Falconwing

At this point I'm just wondering what is wrong with y'alls Guilds that your membership turnover rate is so high you need this. Reminds me of the revolving door of employees back in my McDonalds days. I served a three year sentence for crimes I did not do or something.

Tarcotti

I feel like the message system needs to be made to be more user friendly. I wish there was a single topic on this, but instead I keep coming across a lot of little tweaks to the system. I want a large overhaul.

Fiendfyre

Agent,
If you leave a guild, you have to manually exit the conversations/threads yourself. So, he says make a thing that automatically removes the member from all guild threads.

BruteForceAttack

Guys go check in beta there is something coming up, not exactly what you are asking...but it is waste of time go thru this now as inno is working on something totally new

Tony 85 the Generous

I'm liking the concept but keep in mind when makign a suggestion it needs to be able to (preferrably) be implemented on PC and Mobile with a smooth easy to use/understand interface.

One thing that is missing from or overlooked in all of the discussion to now is which threads are guild threads? You are assuming that to be threads you can see or are part of. Realistically guild threads should be part of the guild, not part of the list of threads a guild founder, leader, or member can see or is a apart of. This could be solved by adding a tab to the Your Guild section (the popup with Profile, Level, Members, Treasury, Administration) as an additional tab called "Guild Threads". Personally I am scared of removing myself from the guild threads and not having an easy way to rejoin them. This would also solve that.

Summary:
There exists an Add Member to Thread button. Include a Add Member to Guild Threads button

When you select a member from the Your Guild->Members tab, you are presented an option to "Add Member to Threads". This pop up presents a list of the guild threads and which threads the member is/is not a member via check boxes. Scroll down and uncheck and save to remove, check and save to add.

Farfle the smelly

Can you explain this to me, cause I just don't get it for now. Players that are not in the Guild, do not see the threads of that Guild anyhow.Pl;ayers from other Guilds, or no Guild should not be in there. Somehow it does not make sense at all.
I still see my old guild threads, and love it. It’s a heads up that someone on my friends list needs a bit of FP boost. I mean, I realize I shouldn’t see them but since I miss everyone I’m okay with it clogging my message center. ;)

Edit: sorry Agent, didn’t see how old this was. But it’s still accurate, in cas you’re curious.

Edit2: just kidding, I only see the trade threads, never mind!!

Robbenn

The message system is being reworked and it looks like the new system will work similarly to how you described. You will be able to have several guild threads that will be automatically updated when someone joins or leaves the guild.

Lj5095

I really hope that whatever new messaging system they are working on fixes the broken text that has been going on for what seems like over a year now. It’s very annoying that it breaks words at the end of one line and puts the other half of the word on the next line.

Plain Red Justice

+1 I support your idea because it makes managing guild threads easier and more convenient. Never ever let obvious trolls make you lose confidence OP, the best response is to just ignore it exists

Status
Not open for further replies.