• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cherry Garden

Super Catanian

The amount of FP and other stuff is pretty good for its size. It also provides no Population, meaning you don't have to worry about keeping your people enthusiastic. However, with the most recent Buildings, it's become slightly obsolete. However, I have a set in my other city, and I will be upgrading it when I age up.

-Sebastian-

There's a setup that involves placing extra Sakura Rocks between full sets (if you have 2n sets, then you can add 2n-1 extra rocks between them, with full bonuses everywhere, and space for 2n Ritual Flames or 4n Sentinel Outposts). That might still be viable, since I still see some advanced diamond players using it, but I haven't run the numbers.

Another thing about the Cherry Garden set is that the attack boost is fixed at all ages, unlike buildings like the Checkmate Square. So the set is better at lower ages, but will eventually become obsolete as more ages are added, even without "power creep".

I think the general rule of thumb is, everything has value in your city until you get something better to replace them with. In absolute terms, if you compare the stats of Cherry garden set against some of the event buildings, they will not be a match for most of the stats. Other than providing 0 pops but good happiness, if only you really need to worry about happiness in your city.
That said, how many of those event buildings can one actually fit in their city? If you spend money, the answer probably is, what your pocket allows. I have seen cities with 60+ Abandoned Asylums. Will they need Cherry garden set? Never. Number 1 player in my world still has multiple of them though. So from a practical valuation standpoint, they still are worth having. It is no coincidence that you will read a lot of posts from players looking to save their lanterns for a chance to get cherry garden set during Spring event. Heck, the only reason I go to AD is to look if they have any of those pieces in the shelf.

Agent327

The amount of FP and other stuff is pretty good for its size. It also provides no Population, meaning you don't have to worry about keeping your people enthusiastic. However, with the most recent Buildings, it's become slightly obsolete. However, I have a set in my other city, and I will be upgrading it when I age up.

Cherry Garden
5x5
7 fp
10% attack
12% defense
10 goods

Chain them and they become even better.

You call that obsolete?

Super Catanian

You call that obsolete?
I said slightly obsolete, so maybe you should take the time to read my post all the way. My Abandoned Asylum produces more FP and more goods while being plunder-proof and needing a single road connection rather than 2 for the Emperor's Entrance and Zen Zone. And the Piazza set, which is my favorite set of them all, provides Population and also enough Happiness to keep itself Enthusiastic. Powercreep exists, and it's happening in this game as well. You can't deny that. And as mentioned in the post above, something is has good value until something better comes along.

Cured Meat

I think its still valuable for being a 5x5, but all buildings being at level 2 though. At level 1, there are countless better options for a 5x5 area. Another benefit to this set though is since there are 5 separate buildings, they are not plunder bait. So there's that, unless of course your town is so new you don't have anything worth plundering!

But agree with Super, its becoming obsolete because of the newer special buildings, but dont discard them, Store them if you can, cause... IF they do a level 3 it will then make a comeback ;)

<edit><addition> yes I have a full set of level 2 in my 2 main towns, i like the look...yes sometimes I like to make my town look like a functioning town and not just a conglomerate of the same buildings, its the land surveyor in me....key word is "sometimes" though

Last edited:

Agent327

I said slightly obsolete, so maybe you should take the time to read my post all the way. My Abandoned Asylum produces more FP and more goods while being plunder-proof and needing a single road connection rather than 2 for the Emperor's Entrance and Zen Zone. And the Piazza set, which is my favorite set of them all, provides Population and also enough Happiness to keep itself Enthusiastic. Powercreep exists, and it's happening in this game as well. You can't deny that. And as mentioned in the post above, something is has good value until something better comes along.

How many Asylums do you have? Can you chain Asylums?

Super Catanian

How many Asylums do you have? Can you chain Asylums?
When they eventually become available then many will end up having multiples. Difference is that the Cherry Garden Set has been around for a long time, and since it comes up in the AD or in reruns of the Spring Event, that has given players the chance to get many of them. Balances out things. But remember that space is limited for all players, so space that you're using to boost Event Buildings that have become slightly outdated is space where better Event Buildings can go instead. And even though you can't chain Asylums, you can't deny the fact that they're more efficient in terms of FP and other stuff per tile.

Unless you have something important to say regarding this, I suggest you drop it. But the facts are there.

Mustapha00

I would have to say that, yes, these sets are still quite useful. As useful as they once were? Well no...but then what really is (besides Arc of course)?

One advantage of these sets (and a few others as well- Maharajah Palace for instance) is that they are offered via various means (Daily Challenge, AD) pretty often, so a second (or even more) set is merely an exercise in patience (and a none too long one at that).

aghiv

The Cherry Garden far from obsolete. Sure there are a few more efficient attack boost buildings, but they are much harder to come by.

Agent327

When they eventually become available then many will end up having multiples. Difference is that the Cherry Garden Set has been around for a long time, and since it comes up in the AD or in reruns of the Spring Event, that has given players the chance to get many of them. Balances out things. But remember that space is limited for all players, so space that you're using to boost Event Buildings that have become slightly outdated is space where better Event Buildings can go instead. And even though you can't chain Asylums, you can't deny the fact that they're more efficient in terms of FP and other stuff per tile.

Unless you have something important to say regarding this, I suggest you drop it. But the facts are there.

When they become available. Are they available yet?

Cherry Garden set has been around a long time and compared to other special buildings still holding it's ground. It's all but obsolete. Comparing them to the Asylum is totally stupid. If you want to compare them, you should compare them to other sets. The Piazza set is one of your "most recent buildings". Is it obsolete compared to that?

Chain them and they become even better.
False, they remain what they are worth, regardless of how many you “chain“ together.
As for your question: This set, as with any other possible buildable Item in this game, are only worth what they are worth to the player. Questions like this open the door for all the “know-it-all’s” to puff up their chests while spouting a bunch of garbage, and I use this term very loosely, advise. The reality is, regardless of whatever advise is given, the only thing that truly matters is how you decide to play this game. Some will say they are great, some will say they are garbage; truth is they only are what they are. Figure out what metrics you want to use while playing and then decide if this building set is worth it to you and stop worrying so much about what others are doing or if anyone else thinks this set is worth it.

Super Catanian

Facts:
  • The Cherry Garden Set provides less FP per tile than many recent Event Buildings, but more FP than many older Buildings.
  • The Set can be plundered and cannot be motivated.
  • Having a complete set built requires two road connections rather than one for many Event Buildings of the same size.
  • All the Buildings of the Set (except the gong at the center) require their own One-Up/Renovation Kits in order to produce more recent Goods.
Make of this information what you will, but the facts are there. While the Cherry Garden Set is still valuable, it's losing value with the addition of recent Event Buildings that produce the same/more in the same space or less (or the other way around; the recent Event Buildings are becoming more valuable while the set retains it's value, but both statements mean pretty much the same thing).

End of discussion.

Agent327

Facts:
  • The Cherry Garden Set provides less FP per tile than many recent Event Buildings, but more FP than many older Buildings.
  • The Set can be plundered and cannot be motivated.
  • Having a complete set built requires two road connections rather than one for many Event Buildings of the same size.
  • All the Buildings of the Set (except the gong at the center) require their own One-Up/Renovation Kits in order to produce more recent Goods.
Make of this information what you will, but the facts are there. While the Cherry Garden Set is still valuable, it's losing value with the addition of recent Event Buildings that produce the same/more in the same space or less (or the other way around; the recent Event Buildings are becoming more valuable while the set retains it's value, but both statements mean pretty much the same thing).

End of discussion.

Facts:
- You compare appels with oranges. Compare sets with other sets.
- The set can only partly be plundered. The best part can't be plundered.
- Special event buildings can be plundered as well
- Most special buildings also require their own One-Up/Renovation Kits in order to produce more recent Goods.

Final fact:
- The day you can decide when a discussion is over, Winner will be made a foum mod.

Super Catanian

You compare appels with oranges. Compare sets with other sets.
Alright then. The Piazza Set provides more FP and Goods in the same space, and Population (as well as enough Happiness to keep itself Enthusiastic), which helps newer cities.

The set can only partly be plundered. The best part can't be plundered.
Special event buildings can be plundered as well
But when other Event Buildings get plundered, the whole Building gets plundered.

Most special buildings also require their own One-Up/Renovation Kits in order to produce more recent Goods.
Only one. Sets require many for their different Buildings.

Agent327

Alright then. The Piazza Set provides more FP and Goods in the same space, and Population (as well as enough Happiness to keep itself Enthusiastic), which helps newer cities.

Cherry Garden provides not that much less and is far easier to get at the moment.

But when other Event Buildings get plundered, the whole Building gets plundered.

Exactly. A train gets plundered and you lose everything. Cherry Garden youi lose very little.

Only one. Sets require many for their different Buildings.

Only the buildings that need to be upgraded.