• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cirgard Drama for Me Today

DeletedUser

three days ago I was invited into a Guild and happily accepted when almost immeadiately I started getting hassled by Guild members (at least 4....one a Duke)

I told my wife I think I'm gonna leave this guild (several days ago) but had several players helping me so thought OK I'll stick it out and see what happens

well, today for the third time in three days a Duke motivated my red tile roof house (for extra 18+ coins) that sat right next to my goat farm (that went unmotivated)

I also had in profile asking to please no polish (don't need it) and please motivate something bigger than a house and I would return the favor.....well two guild members polished my two Taverns and one guild member polished a bush (for three straight days)....seemed kinda strange as thought we were supposed to help one another

so today I sent message to the Duke that I had over 50000 coins and needed supplies so in the future please don't waste your time (and mine for going to their city etc.)

over half an hour went by and then he wrote in guild chat, "what do you mean?" I stated, "gee, did you see the goat farm next to the house you motivated"?

He responded, "I'm a Duke and cut the sarcasm"....I said, I don't care who or what your are....you asked, I explained...no sarcasm"

then he said, "it was a mistake and that he has 8 worlds and doesn't have time". I said, "a mistake 3 days in a row....same place same house"

now if he would have just left me alone after my first message no problem and he already knew the what and why of my message so for him to ask, "what do I mean", was just baiting me....well I took the bait and called him a jerk.....he did me a favor and ejected me from his guild (184 in standing)

then he threatened me with a ban....(never have taken threats lightly) so called him an idiot and a loser (my bad) He said he had gotten many banned already

I actually never thought any online game would ban someone for using non-profane language (name calling)...I play a lot of other games and see much profane language and refrain from using it myself and in this instance seemed more like, "if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck then probably a duck"

well, apparently he is a longtimer and good friends with the mod team here in forum and bam....I'm banned!

so I sold everything in two worlds (I'm done) and debating my other one

funny part is I'm new and if longtimers, dukes, etc. see fit to hassle newbies then gonna be kinda hard for this game to grow....course maybe they afraid someone smarter gonna pass em up.....seemed all very strange and if I was the duke I would have left it from first message and simply wouldn't revisit and shrug and move on...but since I called him out on his antics (thought it was private message) he obviously decided to flex his muscle (friends in high places like mod here in forum)

uncool and lame man.....and granted I shouldn't have called him an idiot but through my eyes ain't no one better than anyone else....in the real world....or gaming world so guess his comment, "I'm a duke", kinda struck me wrong

funny part I was having fun up until I joined that guild (was invited to another guild in another world later today and declined) and even crossed my mind to spend some real money for diamonds (I spend much on online gaming) but that's now on the back burner.....gee, thought members of a guild are supposed to help one another....very strange
FoE obviously spending a lot on advertising now....they may want to check the antics of some of the longtimers that might be more concerned about their position than the future of this game
gotta wonder about all the other newbies this duke (and his crew) hassled and got banned and how much he has actually cost FoE....I just got here and think maybe I'm leaving already....go figure

DeletedUser8428

Bez, sorry to be an idiot - what did you say you were banned from?

DeletedUser9239

I am sorry to hear that happened. try and appeal the decision. It might work. You should not have to put up with that. If you want to message me (jameshorle) privately, I will see what I can do. Also, if you need a good Guild, try the Knights of Valor. I belong to that Guild and will gladly send you an invite if you like.

DeletedUser

I don't really see the big deal. I think it goes a bit far to dictate exactly what people M/P in YOUR town. Take what you get and if you need more supplies, than build those building. This "Duke" sounds like a jerk, but I would be annoyed too if someone messaged me just to complain about which one of their buildings I M/P'd. Personally, I will try to fill requests as far as S,C,P, as soon as I see a paragraph dictating which buildings and in what order, I move on because it is not worth the time. Just saying, guilds are meant to be helpful but it's not their responsibility to keep your town running.

DeletedUser11006

Must confess I neither pay much attention to the desires of others (mcp etc) nor pay much attention to who does what for me. There are some members in my guild who have never bothered to visit my city and buff something up. Doesn't bother me too much. I do it mainly for BPs
That being said, most Dukes are inbred and born into wealth so not unexpected that he should expect all to bow and cower to him! Sounds like a jerk to me!