1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.156

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

City Border Not Looking Correct when Visit Other Players

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by tuckerkao, May 2, 2019.

1. tuckerkao

tuckerkao Active Member

When I visit the cities of my friends and neighbors, I noticed those tree graphics don't show up correctly after the Archaeology Event began.

The city border turned out to be from my own not theirs where no trees or wild animals are inside, I can notice some wrong overlaps of graphics between the cities and the surrounding areas.

2. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

Would you mind posting some screenshots of what you saw? Or is that not possible?

3. tuckerkao

tuckerkao Active Member

Forge of Empires - Gamepro86x City.jpg

4. Super Catanian

Okay, that's pretty weird.
    I'll hit you up with the classic "Have you tried refreshing?", because I'm tired.

DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  5. tuckerkao

tuckerkao Active Member

I closed the browser, then open everything again, the problem still persist.

6. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Possibly they have bought the expansions for those areas but not built anything there? It seems to me that buying an expansion clears out the wilderness graphics from that area. A real life analogy would be land cleared for construction before the actual construction starts.

7. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

It's a bug, I see it too, very easy to replicate. go to any friends city that is smaller than yours and you will see it.

8. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Well-Known Member

No, it's a bug. The deer and rabbits will show up, but if I have bought a particular expansion, the trees won't show up in a city I visit either. The converse is also true, in cities that are larger than mine, the trees will show up if there is nothing built in them, and also buildings are slicing trees in half on the edges. It's clearly visible where there are little gaps with no road that will get filled with a ritual flame or something when the city owner gets one.

9. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

Forge of Empires - Google Chrome 5_3_2019 6_06_12 AM.jpg

10. purps99

purps99 Active Member

11. Super Catanian

The same thing happened to me. I visited a city of someone who had barely moved to the Iron Age. Not sure what someone in the Iron Age needs so many expansions for. This person also told me that he was never spending money on the game.

When visiting another city, the same thing happened again. I could tell that it had nothing to do with bought expansions, since an SoK there overlapped a bush from the natural terrain.