City Border Not Looking Correct when Visit Other Players

tuckerkao

When I visit the cities of my friends and neighbors, I noticed those tree graphics don't show up correctly after the Archaeology Event began.

The city border turned out to be from my own not theirs where no trees or wild animals are inside, I can notice some wrong overlaps of graphics between the cities and the surrounding areas.

Stephen Longshanks

Possibly they have bought the expansions for those areas but not built anything there? It seems to me that buying an expansion clears out the wilderness graphics from that area. A real life analogy would be land cleared for construction before the actual construction starts.

BruteForceAttack

It's a bug, I see it too, very easy to replicate. go to any friends city that is smaller than yours and you will see it.

Roxana 1184 the Wise

Possibly they have bought the expansions for those areas but not built anything there? It seems to me that buying an expansion clears out the wilderness graphics from that area. A real life analogy would be land cleared for construction before the actual construction starts.
No, it's a bug. The deer and rabbits will show up, but if I have bought a particular expansion, the trees won't show up in a city I visit either. The converse is also true, in cities that are larger than mine, the trees will show up if there is nothing built in them, and also buildings are slicing trees in half on the edges. It's clearly visible where there are little gaps with no road that will get filled with a ritual flame or something when the city owner gets one.

dontwannaname

Forge of Empires - Google Chrome 5_3_2019 6_06_12 AM.jpg

Super Catanian

The same thing happened to me. I visited a city of someone who had barely moved to the Iron Age. Not sure what someone in the Iron Age needs so many expansions for. This person also told me that he was never spending money on the game.

When visiting another city, the same thing happened again. I could tell that it had nothing to do with bought expansions, since an SoK there overlapped a bush from the natural terrain.