• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

City Graphics Size

Czari

Were the city graphics size increased in the last six hours? I just entered my city and the normal view looks like the former "scrolled in" view. (I play on a desktop with a large monitor.) It's like looking at the city with an 840x840 graphics setting.

Is this some kind of "improvement?" I really don't want to have to resize my monitor graphics settings each time I enter the game.

Czari

Update: Inno support suggested I clear my browser cache. That didn't help. Next suggestion was to use a different browser with the explanation that IE wasn't built to support faster graphics and to try Opera or Comodo Icedragon (sounds like a prehistoric creature!!!). I've successfully used Firefox for years and doubt that is the cause for graphics to change only in FoE, no other programs affected.

Still wondering about this mystery - even the opening screen was huge - but a guild mate said to set my browser's zoom to 80% which worked. Still wondering why FoE changed size but I'm thankful for the "fix." I need to do this each time I log-in or change worlds but it's easy to do.

DeletedUser25273

I have occasionally accidentally zoomed my browser in FoE, which makes the city too big. This might be what happened to you, especially if zooming out fixed it.

Czari

Hi Richie...do you mean the zoom function within FoE or the browser itself? Until my guild mate said to set my browser's zoom to 80% I didn't even know where the browser zoom function was! :oops:

DeletedUser25273

Since you commented about the in game zoom, was pointing out that the browser also has a zoom, which messes up the game if set, and sometimes can be triggered accidentally.

DeletedUser15652

Hi Richie...do you mean the zoom function within FoE or the browser itself? Until my guild mate said to set my browser's zoom to 80% I didn't even know where the browser zoom function was! :oops:

Thanks for the work around. I too use Firefox and came up with this issue starting Sunday morning. I tried different browsers and it didn't matter. I put the page "resizing" tool into my tool bar for easy access so will remember to "zoom out" to 80%. Wonder if the developers will get this fixed.

1.93.ed62115 (25.01.2017 10:51), us3, en_US, WIN 24,0,0,194, Windows 10, Firefox/51.0, 1463x706, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser14197

I have accidentally zoomed in or out many times. I don't know how I do it, but it is easy enough to fix on Chrome. When it is anything other than 100% a little magnifying glass appears next to the star that you click to save a page. I just have to click on that, and click reset to default. If anyone knows what I am doing to accidentally zoom in or out, please feel free to let me know, because for some reason I can't seem to do it at will.

Czari

Thanks for the work around. I too use Firefox and came up with this issue starting Sunday morning. I tried different browsers and it didn't matter. I put the page "resizing" tool into my tool bar for easy access so will remember to "zoom out" to 80%. Wonder if the developers will get this fixed.

1.93.ed62115 (25.01.2017 10:51), us3, en_US, WIN 24,0,0,194, Windows 10, Firefox/51.0, 1463x706, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)

The same guild mate who provided the fix for this issue said that Firefox occasionally patches current versions and the browser zoom size probably changed during a recent patch. The interesting thing is that after I had to manually set the browser zoom to 80% a few times, now when I log into the game it automatically goes to 80% and "80%" is now displayed on the address bar at the far right in a little bubble. I know I never saw that before but a patch would explain it. I'd be interested to hear if that happens in your case as well.

BruteForceAttack

The same guild mate who provided the fix for this issue said that Firefox occasionally patches current versions and the browser zoom size probably changed during a recent patch. The interesting thing is that after I had to manually set the browser zoom to 80% a few times, now when I log into the game it automatically goes to 80% and "80%" is now displayed on the address bar at the far right in a little bubble. I know I never saw that before but a patch would explain it. I'd be interested to hear if that happens in your case as well.

Unrated..can you read the chat window at 80% ?