• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] City planner / simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Dursland, I used City Planner v9.25 for about three months, loved it. A few days ago it somehow switched to the Russian language. I can't use it now.
We do have a support
http://foemanager.com/community/
Also, when asking for help, at least be more specific, where exactly you clicked, what happened, what expected, add screenshots. Sometimes, it's really hard to guess what people are doing.
Same thing happened to me. It was a fairly easy fix though, just look for the language buttons to navigate to the correct version of the site. My problem now is I forgot what I signed up with (email + password) xD

DeletedUser35524

I am not sure what links did you try (you said couple), but so far - i see the links to foestats (previous city planner) and my foemanager. Foemanager does not have any viruses, malware etc. Please, do not scare people with some general answers.

All I can tell you is that I got that from clicking a link from this thread. I do not recall whatever sequence it was to get there. I accept that foemanager is a good page, but I'm not going to try and recreate that experience.

I would agree with you that it would make sense to edit the original post to state that the tool has moved and give the current link. Otherwise, people such as me who happen upon this guide are unlikely to make their way through it to get to the new tool.

DeletedUser37701

Tagging this as a guide, if a mod thinks it shouldn't be, change it :p

Anyways, I have created a tool to help you plan your town. The tool is available online, so no downloading is needed. You can also save the map you create, and open it later to edit it again, or you can share it with others.
The tool can be found >>>here<<<

Please note the following:
- If an action is not possible, for whatever reason, that reason is shown under "Errors".
- When you place a building, the square you click on will become the upper left corner.
- You can also remove the town hall by using the general remove building option.
- A 4x5 building in-game (e.g the goat farm) will have a height of 4 and a width of 5 in this tool. The town hall has a height of 7 and a width of 6.
- The bright green or red indicate whether you can build or not. Green indicates that it is possible, red indicates that it is not. This doesn't work like I want to with the add / remove squares option, which should be fixed soon.
- The town points are not yet accurate, as not all points are known. Once all the points are known, the tool will become version 2.0.1 (unless something changes that makes me update the version).

If you encounter any bugs, please let me know. Either in this topic or through a PM.

I know the design sucks, and as I am not that awesome at web design myself I have asked someone else to do this for me. This should be done soon, I hope.

There is a changelog listed on the site, so when anything is updated, you can find the details there.

Have fun :) Feedback is highly appreciated.

NOTE: This doesn't seem to work on IE, it looks weird for me at least. That said, I do not provide active support for IE, but I will try to make it work.
This is sa

Anyways, I have created a tool to help you plan your town. The tool is available online, so no downloading is needed. You can also save the map you create, and open it later to edit it again, or you can share it with others.

- If an action is not possible, for whatever reason, that reason is shown under "Errors".
- When you place a building, the square you click on will become the upper left corner.
- You can also remove the town hall by using the general remove building option.
- A 4x5 building in-game (e.g the goat farm) will have a height of 4 and a width of 5 in this tool. The town hall has a height of 7 and a width of 6.
- The bright green or red indicate whether you can build or not. Green indicates that it is possible, red indicates that it is not. This doesn't work like I want to with the add / remove squares option, which should be fixed soon.
- The town points are not yet accurate, as not all points are known. Once all the points are known, the tool will become version 2.0.1 (unless something changes that makes me update the version).

If you encounter any bugs, please let me know. Either in this topic or through a PM.

I know the design sucks, and as I am not that awesome at web design myself I have asked someone else to do this for me. This should be done soon, I hope.

There is a changelog listed on the site, so when anything is updated, you can find the details there.

NOTE: This doesn't seem to work on IE, it looks weird for me at least. That said, I do not provide active support for IE, but I will try to make it work.
This is especially useful for customizing your citys capabilities to perform in various chosen ways to suit your present goals... with its specific fixed skills and outputs, you've systematically created the desired character and personality that you envisioned

DeletedUser32528

DeletedUser32528

AdGuard has blocked access to this page. My security software tells me that there could be malware involved on this page. I'm not understanding that. It seems others have had good luck with adding a chrome extension. I'll go back and try it again. Thanks for the work you put into it. I had a similar tool on another game and loved it.

time4coffee

Great to see you're making a v2. I assume this will be html5 not flash. I think you should update the op with this info and the new url. I basically thought the tool wax dead until reading the whole thread. I gave using using because so many buildings just weren't showing up so it didn't help much.
Even if you don't have the time to create the building right, could you at least make a same size genetic block that could be used in its place?

Status
Not open for further replies.