I love the concept of this and have tried it out the only thing that I see wrong with it and this is a big issue to me and maybe others is that the layout doesn't match the layout of the game itself in which it is not in diamond pattern.Tagging this as a guide, if a mod thinks it shouldn't be, change it
Anyways, I have created a tool to help you plan your town. The tool is available online, so no downloading is needed. You can also save the map you create, and open it later to edit it again, or you can share it with others.
The tool can be found >>>here<<<
Please note the following:
- If an action is not possible, for whatever reason, that reason is shown under "Errors".
- When you place a building, the square you click on will become the upper left corner.
- You can also remove the town hall by using the general remove building option.
- A 4x5 building in-game (e.g the goat farm) will have a height of 4 and a width of 5 in this tool. The town hall has a height of 7 and a width of 6.
- The bright green or red indicate whether you can build or not. Green indicates that it is possible, red indicates that it is not. This doesn't work like I want to with the add / remove squares option, which should be fixed soon.
- The town points are not yet accurate, as not all points are known. Once all the points are known, the tool will become version 2.0.1 (unless something changes that makes me update the version).
If you encounter any bugs, please let me know. Either in this topic or through a PM.
I know the design sucks, and as I am not that awesome at web design myself I have asked someone else to do this for me. This should be done soon, I hope.
There is a changelog listed on the site, so when anything is updated, you can find the details there.
Have fun Feedback is highly appreciated.
NOTE: This doesn't seem to work on IE, it looks weird for me at least. That said, I do not provide active support for IE, but I will try to make it work.
trying to workout which way the roads and stuff go from the practice city space and transferring them to the game kind of screws with you a bit.
I think it screwed with me so much that I ended up just drawing it out on a bit of paper which kind of defeats the purpose dont you think