• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] City planner / simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3407

I think you were updating it as I was working on my plan for my Progressive Age city. All of the sudden the town hall changed and I noticed the addition of the Progressive age good buildings. Thanks for all the work you have put into this tool as its a great resource for the FOE community. Not to sound demanding, I know the Progressive Age has only been recently announced, but when do you think you will add the 2x2 roads and the 3x3 residential buildings? Thanks!!!

DeletedUser73

Those will be added today, the addition of the goods building was a test to see if the new age worked ;)

DeletedUser

You are just RELENTLESS my friend! The PE has barely been announced and you have already added everything to the City Simulator! Awesome - and amazing job on the new interface design! You have no idea how much the City Simulator is helping everyone... it's the kind of tool that makes us think "how the heck did we manage BEFORE the City Simulator ?"

DeletedUser

I finally decided to try this. And I'm glad I did. Now I don't have to bug my friend to re-design my city for me. :) Great work, slygoxx.

One little thing, though. The award trophy is behaving as a building and requires a road. It is, in fact, a decoration.

DeletedUser

Move the twon hall

Hello ,Would like to know how I could move the town hall in the city planner ? Thank you for your time .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser73

You can use the move button which you can find in the lower left, just above the buildings.

DeletedUser

Hello ,Would like to know how I could move the town hall in the city planner ? Thank you for your time .
I tried to move the town hall but the whole map moves when I try and move it . is there a way you can remove it then place it back on your map ?

DeletedUser73

Are you trying to drag the town hall? You have to click on it, and then click again where you want it.

DeletedUser4074

Something I noticed last night: when calculating your road percentage, it treats tarmacs and avenues as one road, even though they take up four squares.

DeletedUser

buildings not laid out right?

That should be fixed as of last night.

I just tried this tool and find myself with a problem making unusable to me. I tried bldg coiffeur,confectionary, nutcracker, and paper mills but the layouts layouts are reversed. I cannot use this tool with that many buildings in the wrong shape. Is this a bug?

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah and the police station too

DeletedUser4074

If the layout feels reversed to you, rotate counterclockwise. Everything is correct, but up on the planner is up right on the city map, not up left; if you see it the other way it will look wrong to you unless you rotate it.

DeletedUser

Would it be too hard to have the map rotated like it is in game? Diamond pattern. I'm not seeing a option for this currently. This would clear up EVERY issue with rotation and building size. It would feel more natural and just a much easier experience.

I do like the concept of this tool though.

DeletedUser73

I'm actually working on that, though I'm running into a few issues with that at the moment. I do plan to add it someday, but I can't promise it.

DeletedUser8456

So i made my city and now do i just swtich things around till i like it? Im struggling with the simulator and the ga,e :( help a girl out? Thanks!

DeletedUser73

The simulator is in no way tied to the game, you can not import what you make in the simulator or something like that.
The simulator allows you to try out a few ideas to see if it works, and perhaps see if you can do better, you will still have to actually make it in-game by selling and moving the existing buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.