• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

city progress of players

Dursland

Sometimes I feel like posting something about my city but it doesn't fit in any existing thread and I'm not going to make a thread just about my city. So I thought of starting this here in Tavern for all of us to share. If you move up in era, win something in AD, add a building or GB, anything noteworthy, you can post about it here.

Hopefully this will become a fun thread to read about people's progress and comments on it.

This morning I aged up to TE (edit: in Dilmun) after mini-camping in CE for a month to catch up on goods and GB levels. I got to redesign my city with a whopping 21 brand new expansions, which was a lot of fun. Got everything fit in well and room for growth.

Have space for 2 st patrick's buildings and the AO I'm buying goods for now. The road on bottom is outside of city due to necessity but that means I can fill the next row with expansions and it'll be ready to go to add eagle mountains or whatever else. (Heard that's gonna be in the St Patrick's event too!)

Just now won my 5th hippodrome carceres kit in AD, 1 to go. That's about it for today's updates. How about you guys?

Last edited:

stymie of Suwannee

Long ago, my mentor talked me into skipping Tomorrow and stepping into Future. Of course, all good, all fun. Unfortunately, I only spent 6-7 months there and was barely 1000/600, thinking I was the bee’s knees. But bee’s knees have no value and it sucked for a few months. Losing GE battles (me?), lightly hobbled in GbG, I reviewed & redefined my game. As I balanced my Cirgard city out, I applied all my lessons to my relatively fresh Tuulech city. And it all boils down to 6 months per age, at minimum. I’m looking at June for PM and all the joy of Machine Gun Nests. Probably spend 8 months or more in PM and Contemporary.

Ebeondi Asi

I skipped a lot of Eras on my way up. In advance i would trade up for all the Goods needed for Research, have the forge points on hand too. I skipped LMA COL IND all at once. to stop in Progressive for awhile.
In one of my three cities I bumped up (skipping Modern and PostModern) to Contemporary. I decided that was a mistake. and so the other two cities I jumped five Era all at once.(again saving up all the advanced Goods by trading up.. And jumped from Progressive through Modern Postmodern, Contemporary, Tomorrow into Future all in half an hour. (in my Contemporary city I also jumped to Future that same day.) The key IMO that it was the right thing to do was being able to do GE level 4 autobattle after the jump and fighting in the new Era with no problem. Worked out just fine.
I was going to camp in Future, but one Guild leader I trust said move up, don't stop and camp.
Had to do Arctic and Oceanic normally, then skipped Virtual (since it was the last possible one to skip) into Space Age Mars.
Worked through SAAB, SAV and now in SAJM.
From leaving HMA to entering SAJM took me two years.
I do have to say I gave all my Goods below Future to the Treasuries. I see zero need for saving any Goods Below Arctic now, being in SAJM.
(Maybe if I were a Guild Founder? or in a Guild with a large number of players in early ages I might want some?)
I have 450 million to 850 million points. The difference is due to GbG and fights. some more fights. some less fights. In SAJM personal points almost all come from fights.
I could have wasted a lot of time in lower Eras. But at this point i see nothing I would have gained by doing so.
(for naysayers remember I traded up 2:1 per Era** to get the Goods in advance***. So the number of Goods I made in the Eras I stopped in (particularly for the five era jump, seemed almost astronomical, but never a problem. I guess i had good markets..In particular trading up is alwasy easy. Trading down is the tough road. . )
** no skipping trade Eras expecting other in the market to carry me. Nope.
***I also collected all goods (that I could do so in advance) for Arctic and Oceanic Research, and all Space Ages.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

I think it is important to set goals in the game. And reaching them is part of the fun of the game. As is planning what your next goal will be. I reached one of my goals today. I have been working to get my military GBs all to level 100. Today I finally got the last one (Kraken) to that level. :cool: Now to figure on the next thing to aim for :)

Dursland

Surely CDM, Zeus, CoA, and Terracotta are 101 instead of 100? :) That's quite a milestone! Congrats.

I like the two contrasting posts about moving up quickly vs camping. There's definitely benefits to both.

Johnny B. Goode

I'm trying to get my 5 active cities to where I can do GE 64 every week. My FE city is there. My three LMA cities can get through level 3 and some of level 4. My EMA city is the one that's lagging, but it's also my newest. The challenge of all but my FE city is that I've never been in a guild with other players in any of them. I have also only recently started expanding my friends list after only having around 35-40 in any one of them. Now all of them are between 75 and 100 friends, with around 5 or so added to each city after each neighborhood shuffle*.
I am simultaneously (and very slowly) working on getting my attack boosts built up in my 7 Diamond farms so I can do more of GE there. In those cities I don't do events or DCs or Settlements, just collecting, utilizing the AD, and some GE. I rarely aid and never Tavern sit in my Diamond farms as they have few buildings that can be motivated or polished, and all have fully upgraded Taverns. The only time I use a boost is occasionally for GE.
In other words, I am as much a solo player as possible for the most part, and play much more casually than I did the first 5 years or so. But that also frees me up to ignore the game some when real life dictates without any feeling of missing out or falling behind.
One note on previous posts, I don't get long term camping in lower eras. No matter how long I play this game, I will never camp longer than a few months in any age below Contemporary, and the same with Tomorrow. CE and FE are the only two ages so far that I feel are enjoyable to camp in long term. Likewise, I don't get skipping ages, especially over half of them. I would hate to miss out on playing over half the game. In fact, part of the reason I have started and played so many cities over the years is the pleasure of working through each age. But, to each their own, I guess.

*Here's the method I'm using to expand my friends list. Every Monday morning after a hood shuffle, I send a friend request to every player that aided me on Sunday and then was moved from the hood. You can do this by doing your aiding and then using Event History filtered to Social Interactions and aid everyone who still has the "Aid" button but it is greyed out. I only do this for the Sunday aids because to go further back takes too much time with multiple cities. Most players accept these requests, although a few are declined. (This week was the first where none were declined.) Then on Wednesday morning I cancel any outstanding invitations that haven't gotten a response. I do that because if they don't respond in two days, then the odds are they aren't that active. I've done this for the last 3 or 4 hood shuffles and have doubled or tripled my friends list in all 5 cities.

The Lady Redneck

Why "surely?" There's no discernable gain by leveling them to 101 over 100 that I'm aware of.
In those GBs The military boost is increased in every 2nd (odd number) level. So it makes sense (Especially in higher levels where it might take you a while to get the FPs together to level it further, to take it to an odd number so you get the extra boost. I do have those GBs sitting on the 101 (some 103) I just said 100 in the last post as it is a nice round number:D

Dursland

Currently buying the goods for an orangery, and close to getting my first Truce Tower set together to sell.

Fixing to start the long walk of getting Arc to lv80, then Chateau.

Meat Butcher

I think it is important to set goals in the game. And reaching them is part of the fun of the game. As is planning what your next goal will be. I reached one of my goals today. I have been working to get my military GBs all to level 100. Today I finally got the last one (Kraken) to that level. :cool: Now to figure on the next thing to aim for :)
Its certainly a game of patience and having goals to help stay focused.
Very important for a game that is a long grind.

Dursland

Got 2 Fiores and a Bistro (Pergola) from the Forge Bowl event. Pretty good considering all I got were extra footballs with a diamond purchase and spent on the ultimate coach, no extra footballs were bought. Also got 5 fiore kits in inventory, 1 olympic treasury kit, and a sentinel outpost kit. Good event run.

Finally got the 6th Hippodrome Carceres upgrade too so have that going on in my city, 6fp 15 goods and 14% to attacker's defense in only 12 tiles.

Got AO planted and bought the goods for Flying Island too. Planted it last night and thanks to my guild it's out of stix and lv2 already. No shards yet but I'm sure they will come - could definitely use troops and rogues.

Waiting for St Patrick's event. Have room for 3 Archdruid Huts and will get the expansions to fit in the Eagle Mountains. Will be nice to get to over 500% attack, need it for GBG.

Boost is 429/511 currently, which I think is decent after just 5 months of playing. And I've only spent diamonds on the Winter Event so far, aside from 1k diamonds on Fall Event to get full building and the Ultimate Coach.

Dursland

How are you guys progressing?

I'm doing well in the event. I've added 2 Trees of Silence, 3 Trees of Vitality (fit them into road ends, don't plan to add more trees), 2 druid huts, and an Eagle Mountain. 1 hut is at level 9, the other at level 5. I'm almost at the archdruid fragment in the prize line so will get that up soon. Got 4 mt reserve kits, just waiting on a few more for a second Eagle Mountain.

All the boosts have been adding up. I'm now able to autobattle almost all of GE4 in Tomorrow Era without using rogues. Just let 8 fast or 8 artillery fly right at the enemy. GE4 costs some troops but I have plenty by now.

Looking forward to finishing both huts and getting a second Eagle Mountain down. That'll be it for this event, then am moving up to Future Era to make room for next event's Tower.

Johnny B. Goode

When you jump to Future you will take a fighting performance hit , I wish I would have stayed longer in Tomorrow to build everything up more
If he's able to autobattle most of GE4 without Rogues in TE, and he's adding 2 Archdruid Huts plus another Eagle Mountain, he'll be just fine in FE. You forget that Hovers are several levels higher in effectiveness than anything in TE.

Dursland

If my attrition only drops by 15% next week then that's not bad at all.

With the anniversary event looming I thought it was time for an update;

Moved to FE at start of GBG, already sold a few arc sets. Glad I'm having more luck than I was selling TE goods.

Finally got to rearrange my city today after picking up the last needed medal expansion. Added in 6 water producers, along with the filters and textiles needed to cover.

Got most of my 4x6s arranged vertically instead of horizontally which saved a bit of space. Added in lots of extra supply production to fill empty space while I wait on keymaster's workshops and panda shrines to fill them.

Ended up with 3x14 of dead space, which is perfect for 2 towers that don't require road. I'll probably only get one in the event, but plan to get more from keymaster's workshops so good to have room for a second ready.

All in all couldn't have gone better with the redesign. Just need some more Sentinel Outposts to fill out a bit of blank space and I'm great.

My goal now is to keep adding to boost and getting to 100 attrition while I camp in FE for a long, long time.

Probably won't post another update until things change significantly.

Dursland

Here's a small update; looks like my attrition is actually higher after getting FE vs FE troops over FE vs TE.

In FE vs TE I stopped around 55 attrition. Here I just got to 58. I guess 2 turns for railguns and the limited mobility of hover tanks vs stealth tanks makes all the difference. Fast units being nerfed helps big too.

Pericles the Lion

Here's a small update; looks like my attrition is actually higher after getting FE vs FE troops over FE vs TE.

In FE vs TE I stopped around 55 attrition. Here I just got to 58. I guess 2 turns for railguns and the limited mobility of hover tanks vs stealth tanks makes all the difference. Fast units being nerfed helps big too.
Do you have an Arctic Orangery? If so, that would explain it.

Dursland

AO is only level 7 so I doubt it's much of a factor but you're right, I'm probably getting a few crits per battle too.

I honestly think the biggest thing is fast units being nerfed. Those combat drones at high attrition were so good at taking out hover tanks with their movement range.

Johnny B. Goode

limited mobility of hover tanks vs stealth tanks
Hover Tanks have less movement range, but they have more firing range. In fact, when you combine those two numbers you get an effective range of 27 for both. However, that's in theory. In practice, the Hover's firing range advantage trumps the Stealth Tank's movement advantage, because firing range isn't affected by terrain. Not to mention that Hovers have Force Field and Stealth Tanks do not.

PJS299

Well, I just got the last upgrade for Mikoto Bridge and built it. I need one more for Terracotta and two for Crows Nest