• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

City Shield

magden the great

Is there a reason that when a city shield is put up, that a potential attacker can see when it will end. Kind of like putting up sign and saying " come back at 3pm to attack me". Why not let them guess when to come back or at least spend a few minutes each time they log on, to see if your shield is down. I have a neighborhood bully who is there like ringing the dinner bell. Plus the fact the AI that runs the city defense cannot figure out how to stop an attacking force that has 6 rogues. It spends it's attacks on converting the rogues to fighters instead of eliminating the the fighters first.

The1Reaper

Honestly it is set up so that your hoodies have a chance to plunder you but also at the same time it is set up so that you can log in put up another shield!

magden the great

Honestly it is set up so that your hoodies have a chance to plunder you but also at the same time it is set up so that you can log in put up another shield!
I understand me seeing the time, but the enemy should have to guess. They can still plunder if they attacked before the shield was put up. The shield prevents the attack, but not the plundering from a successful attack earlier

Flavius Belisarius

Is there a reason that when a city shield is put up, that a potential attacker can see when it will end. Kind of like putting up sign and saying " come back at 3pm to attack me". Why not let them guess when to come back or at least spend a few minutes each time they log on, to see if your shield is down. I have a neighborhood bully who is there like ringing the dinner bell. Plus the fact the AI that runs the city defense cannot figure out how to stop an attacking force that has 6 rogues. It spends it's attacks on converting the rogues to fighters instead of eliminating the the fighters first.
Yes, the AI will go after rogues first.
If your combat buffs don't off-set, then yes, you'll lose.
Auto-Battle ain't perfect.

Yes, the AI will go after rogues first.
If your combat buffs don't off-set, then yes, you'll lose.
Auto-Battle ain't perfect.
It would be interesting if the Defending Army used the Campaign Map AI and didn't go after rogues first, but I doubt it would change most outcomes. As you say the imbalance is more in the A/D stats than the AI behavior. It might deter some but the folks you need a city shield for would just change their army makeup and still prevail. Worst case they'd have to manually fight sometimes.
I've always thought City Shield was like the cape to a bull, attracts their attention.

Emberguard

If you didn't have the shied you'd still have a timer on your city for when the next attack or aid can take place. It keeps it consistent with the game mechanics

Oswyn the noble

sometimes ill activate the shield during a new round of GE. 3 days. so i wont have to worry about refreshing units to do defence of the city