• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

City Suggestion

CaptainKirk1234

Hello, I am fairly new to the game and this is my city, I just want to get some tips and suggestions, my city production is 11fp and I have a level 7 arc, level 4 zeus, level 5 oracle and level 1 lighthouse.

Attachments

• FOE.png
    FOE.png
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 46

Algona

Nice looking city.

What are you enjoying in game?

Build your city to support what you enjoy.

Generic advice for any city:

Develope your capability to do Daily Challenges, Events, GE and GBG. The process of doing so will promote good city design and unlock a lot of production and endless treasures.

The Lady Redneck

At the moment HC would hinder more than help you. It would take up space better utilized for military buidings . I would get, CoA, CdM first and get them to level 10. Also LoA, Tor and OBS. Then concentrate on getting your Arc to 80. And do not be in a hurry to age up. It really pays in the long run to get a strong base that will help carry you forward. By then you will also have more game experience and have an idea of what your next GB should be.

Just An Observer

Himeji early is for Negotiators using Happy Unbirthday recursion. Himeji later is for Fighters due to the Spoils Of War rewards.

Himeji early is for Negotiators using Happy Unbirthday recursion. Himeji later is for Fighters due to the Spoils Of War rewards.
I ended up getting a Himeji relatively early and I’ll add that it gives me more supplies by far than any actual supply buildings could. A positive effect from that is that I only need 2x2 blacksmith buildings for production quests, but don’t need to waste space on other supply buildings (and this also helps have limited population needs so I don’t have any houses). Something to keep in mind as you progress.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Hello, I am fairly new to the game and this is my city, I just want to get some tips and suggestions, my city production is 11fp and I have a level 7 arc, level 4 zeus, level 5 oracle and level 1 lighthouse.

Good looking city.

Reducing the number of residential buildings will help free up space. That can be done by obtaining event buildings that give population as a side benefit, or by building the Tower of Babel. If you build the tower, don't level it too far, since you will outgrow it's usefulness in time (same goes for Oracle and likely Lighthouse of Alexandria).

Getting unattached troops from GE rewards might allow you to reduce the number of Archery Ranges you have, to free up space for other things. Eventually you'll want to switch over to Ballista as your combat boost grows higher if you stay in Iron Age.

Get more expansions by purchasing with diamonds (get them free from GE, mostly level 4), medals (get them from Arc boosts when donating to other's great buildings, especially Arcs), and on the campaign map (be careful here not to lose recurring quests).

Tower of Babel, Castel del Monte, Cathedral of Aachen, Chateau Frontenac, and Lighthouse of Alexandria are the next great buildings I think you should consider. The order would depend on what you want from the game.

Consider starting to do recurring quests if you can. They help a lot, and Iron Age is a great era for them. This is where a Chateau and HC come in handy. It is easy to lose recurring quests if you aren't careful by advancing too far on the campaign map. Here is a good primer on recurring quests: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/cosmic-ravens-hqs-condensed.22835/

Whatever you do, this game takes time. #1 piece of advice I can give is to not rush through the eras too quickly.

CaptainKirk1234

I am planning on getting a lot of attack and defense bonus before I move up, i could play babel now but I feel that It's usefulness is limited so I probably wont get it. great suggestions, I am trying to replace my houses, I was thinking something like the capitol but then I wouldn't make a lot of coins, any suggestions on how I can still make coins and replace my houses?

wontn23

I am planning on getting a lot of attack and defense bonus before I move up, i could play babel now but I feel that It's usefulness is limited so I probably wont get it. great suggestions, I am trying to replace my houses, I was thinking something like the capitol but then I wouldn't make a lot of coins, any suggestions on how I can still make coins and replace my houses?

Easiest way to replaces houses I find is through special buildings. Alot less FP expenditure.

Kranyar gives excellent advice

Emberguard

There's not a lot I could advise you on your city beyond make sure you're fully completing events where possible, use those events to replace your residentials and see if you can improve your city layout with reconstruction mode. Your layout is pretty good so there may not be much improvement you can do, but there are a couple weak spots within the layout design.

1605077592649.png

The Archers could be moved up and some of that road deleted allowing room for a 3x3 or 3x4 on the end. Something like this:
1605077983300.png

Alternatively put the Arc there.
1605078036292.png

The main thing is the less gaps and roads you have the more stuff you can cram into the city. I'd reconstruct it and not place down any of the decorations until after everything else in the city is placed and see what you can come up with

time4coffee

Keep streets as straight as possible, and keep you city as rectangular as possible, then play tetris with your building to fit everything in.