• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Claiming Reindeer in the Winter Event

RazorbackPirate

Starting to wonder if I need to take a refresher course in vocabulary.

This thread is littered with folk who can;t seem to comprehend simple English and apparently don't know what specific words mean.

'earned' 'sarcasm' 'steering' ;many' 'fair' 'work' 'forcing' 'rip-off' 'opinion'

Hmmm. Nine words. Nine Reindeer. This can mean only one thing.

With apologies to B. Ives.

There was ''rip-off' and 'many', 'earned' and 'steering'
'opinion' and 'work', ''many' and 'forcing'

But do you recall, the most misused forum word of them all?

'Fair', the most misused forum word, gets thrown around a lot
every time a pissed off poster doesn't put in any thought.

All of the other misused forum words always sit around and pout
because 'fair' the most misused forum word never gets left out.

During another Winter Event, the entitled posters came to say
"INNO offered us a deal, it's not fair!" they all did squeal.

Then all of the other misused forum words said with much envy
"'Fair' the most misused forum word, your the poster child for illiteracy."
It has unfortunately become clear that society has completely broken our children. Intentional or not, we will reap what we have sown.

"An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people." - Thomas Jefferson

'Nuff said.

qaccy

@GTBrawler If you've actually spent 'thousands', that's probably why the reindeer offer's unappealing to you. Your city should already be filled with basically the best of the best and so you have little need for more stuff. Taken at face value, the reindeer prizes include SoKs, rogue hideouts, wishing wells, champion retreats, and several prizes new to this event including train upgrades. Claiming 9 items at once is virtually guaranteed to be a better deal than the individual diamond price of all 9 items added up together, and that's the important thing here. Of course, not everyone is going to see value in every possible reindeer prize, but that's not what Inno is concerned with because it's impossible to strike a fair balance between every individual player's preferences.

DeletedUser

I agree, I have spent thousands on this game, when is enough, enough? Not worth the 3000 diamonds.
Then don't spend it. You didn't do anything extra to get the reindeer, so if the prizes they uncovered aren't worth 2995 Diamonds to you, ignore them.

It has unfortunately become clear that society has completely broken our children. Intentional or not, we will reap what we have sown.

"An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people." - Thomas Jefferson

'Nuff said.
Sorry, but education begins at home. It's parents who have ruined their children, not society. Personal responsibility applies everywhere or nowhere.

RazorbackPirate

Sorry, but education begins at home. It's parents who have ruined their children, not society. Personal responsibility applies everywhere or nowhere.
I partially agree. The question is why have parents ruined their children? Did we suddenly have a mass infection of parents hating their children?

Nope. Society had no effect. It's the parents who invented 'time out' all on their own. It's the parents who decided it was best to give every child a participation trophy. It was the parents who decided it's best to call CPS at the first sign of a spanking. Yup, the parents, 100% at fault.

Must you always be reductionist to the point of idiocy?

Graviton

I partially agree. The question is why have parents ruined their children? Did we suddenly have a mass infection of parents hating their children?

Indeed. Parents are part of society, they don't stand apart from it and they are influenced by it like most everybody else. There is usually not just a single, simplistic cause to a problem, especially a societal one.

DeletedUser38027

How could they have described it any more clearly up front than what was in the announcement? Do you have a suggestion for how to make this even more up front for the next time?

From the announcement (bolding mine):

Speaking of the Daily Special, we've got a surprise in store for everyone in this year's event. When you uncover a Daily Special, not only do you receive the prize itself and a ticket for your train, but you also find one of the lost reindeer! Once you have found your first Reindeer you can unlock your sleigh at any time for Diamonds, and claim its items! Help return all the reindeer to their sleigh. Each reindeer can be unlocked separately but to get yourself a better deal, collect all 9 reindeer to fill your sleigh first:

ReindeerCollectionNew7of9.png

Once you've claimed your Reindeer collection, you'll be given the chance to start a whole new collection and receive a new set of rewards.

The cost to collect the Reindeer Collection is 2995 Diamonds. You can collect it after finding at least one Reindeer, but if you want to get a better deal, you can find up to 9 Reindeer alongside your Daily Specials before collecting. Also, the prizes in the collection aren't set, so will be different for everyone, and can change on subsequent collections.
I hope that you're at least holding out on buying diamond packages until they offer you an extra special Event pack otherwise collecting on those reindeer is costing you $40 - $45 just for a sack full of junk prizes. You heard that right here from the ☠️tOXic☠️ Santa who says "Take heed & then pause, now steer clear of those redeem reindeer prizes for diamonds that comes with a CLAUS.".

Mustapha00

I've also noticed that the collected Reindeer do not offer the same prize as they were associated with when you won them via finding the Daily Special.

I would not have even tried to win a Winter Spire Upgrade, yet there it is among the prizes that will cost me nearly 3k Diamonds.

RazorbackPirate

I've also noticed that the collected Reindeer do not offer the same prize as they were associated with when you won them via finding the Daily Special.

I would not have even tried to win a Winter Spire Upgrade, yet there it is among the prizes that will cost me nearly 3k Diamonds.
Yes. It appears that there was a separate RNG that pulled from the list of prizes to randomly fill the sleigh. One city I've completed the collection and likely won't spend the diamonds on it. My other city still has 4 spots to fill (where the RNG has not been my friend), so it remains to be seen if there will be enough stuff I want to part with the diamonds. With nothing I feel I have to have, the offer is a tough sell.

DeletedUser23116

I thought the reindeer were an extra bonus and of you had the patience to wait to claim all 9 at the same time you would get an extra prize besides the 9 items. Personally I can't afford to buy diamonds I love playing F.O.E. and have a city 2 years+ In the making, anyway when I finally had the 9 spots filled and then went on to claim the prizes I really was disappointed and confused that I had to pay for something I already earned.
Agreed

DeletedUser23116

What confused you? The word "claim" was in the announcement exactly twice:
"Once you have found your first Reindeer you can unlock your sleigh at any time for Diamonds, and claim its items! "

"Once you've claimed your Reindeer collection, you'll be given the chance to start a whole new collection and receive a new set of rewards.
The cost to collect the Reindeer Collection is 2995 Diamonds"

I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, although maybe it sounds that way. I'm just trying to understand what is needed here to make this clearer next time around.
What words should INNO use in the next announcement? If "Claim" means "Earned", then what other word should they have used here?
Maybe you’re not trying to be sarcastic, but you’ve succeeded nevertheless. I love FoE and I’m not complaining about it being unfair or ripping me off. It’s a game that I enjoy. I only came to check out the reindeer claim issue. I didn’t understand why I had to pay for “claiming” something that I already thought I had won. Then I saw all the asinine comments and hateful speech going back and forth about it. In my opinion, it could have said something like, once you’ve collected all 9 reindeer, you have an extra opportunity to purchase a sleigh full of prizes with diamonds only. If I “win” a prize, when I “claim” it, it’s mine. “Claiming” with diamonds is misleading and confusing. That’s all. My opinion.

DeletedUser

Maybe you’re not trying to be sarcastic, but you’ve succeeded nevertheless. I love FoE and I’m not complaining about it being unfair or ripping me off. It’s a game that I enjoy. I only came to check out the reindeer claim issue. I didn’t understand why I had to pay for “claiming” something that I already thought I had won. Then I saw all the asinine comments and hateful speech going back and forth about it. In my opinion, it could have said something like, once you’ve collected all 9 reindeer, you have an extra opportunity to purchase a sleigh full of prizes with diamonds only. If I “win” a prize, when I “claim” it, it’s mine. “Claiming” with diamonds is misleading and confusing. That’s all. My opinion.
If you had read the Forum Announcement of the Winter Event, the process was spelled out clearly. Always look to the official Forum Announcements of events/features first, then check the feedback thread. Here is a link to the Winter Event Announcement thread: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/winter-event-2019.27691/

Sir Tazzy

No, it costs 2995 to buy them. You don't get them for free. It's a bonus mainly for those who spend money on the game or for people wanting a little more oomph out of the event.
I don't want to sound like a whiner but I am 15 and I didn't see where it cost diamonds to claim the reindeer. I used what few diamonds I had to get reindeer so I could get the great prizes. For me i wish I would have never played the winter event. I got a train all the way up to the last level. I am greatfull for getting the train. So I am out around $20 in diamonds that I used to get stars and pay to negotiate for the Winter event stars. Looks like you live and learn in life. I just wish it was a little clearer as to what was required to get the final reindeer sleigh prize. Thanks all. I LOVE America GO NAVY/MARINES

DeletedUser40996

I don't want to sound like a whiner but I am 15 and I didn't see where it cost diamonds to claim the reindeer. I used what few diamonds I had to get reindeer so I could get the great prizes. For me i wish I would have never played the winter event. I got a train all the way up to the last level. I am greatfull for getting the train. So I am out around $20 in diamonds that I used to get stars and pay to negotiate for the Winter event stars. Looks like you live and learn in life. I just wish it was a little clearer as to what was required to get the final reindeer sleigh prize. Thanks all. I LOVE America GO NAVY/MARINES
you obviously don't read the announcements then as it was rather clearly spelled out in the one for the winter event about the cost

DeletedUser

Except you're not guarenteed to hit the DS if you bought Stars with Diamonds you are guarenteed the 9 reindeer prizes however .
yeah, but 8 useless prizes is still a waste of diamonds. Even 2 useful prizes is twice as good as what you get from the reindeer. Plus, you still get awards with each play, which adds to the value received. I've spent 1050 diamonds once each on 4 worlds, and in each case, I got more value than I would get from the 9 prizes the reindeer would provide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Tazzy

No, it costs 2995 to buy them. You don't get them for free. It's a bonus mainly for those who spend money on the game or for people wanting a little more oomph out of the event.

Sir Tazzy

you obviously don't read the announcements then as it was rather clearly spelled out in the one for the winter event about the cost
Well I didn't look at the full annoucement. When I looked at the Reindeer and saw the 2995 diamonds I thought it was to just get the prizes right now instead of taking the chance of not getting all 9 reindeer and losing what you had already. You don't need to be such a B!t(H about it either. I am only a 15 yr old kid and i am playing for fun so you could be a little less of a MAD FEMALE DOG IN HEAT!! Thank You

Sir Tazzy

You miss the point!
INNO has geared this prize for Diamond players only. non-diamond players work to get everything but have to buy diamonds to collect the prize. That is why it is unfair. Greed has force INNO to put a price on getting a set of prizes after a player completes all the steps. Where is the fun in that?

So no I will not want to spend the Diamonds and I think many players will start to think about not playing because a too high of price is being put on getting prizes instead of game play.

I have played this game for many years and I have played others games where forcing players to spend money to buy more things ends up driving players way.
I am 15 and play for fun. I used one of my gift cards to buy diamonds to get stars to get the big prize now I can't get the big prize. i just play and didn't read the annoucement. Now i paid the price. It so SUCKS!!

Vger

I am 15 and play for fun. I used one of my gift cards to buy diamonds to get stars to get the big prize now I can't get the big prize. i just play and didn't read the annoucement. Now i paid the price. It so SUCKS!!
I'm not 15. I'm 60. I agree it SUCKS. Who is to blame? The 15 yr old that didn't look at the full announcement? Or INNO which is in the actual business of getting 15 yr olds (and the rest of us) to spend their gift cards?

At 15, you are way smarter than most people my age. The "I know everything" thing peeks at around 18-20. After that you just get dumber.

Just learn 1 thing from this: Read The Fine Print. Everyone wants your money. Think before you spend. It' may not be the deal you think it is.