• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Claiming Reindeer in the Winter Event

UBERhelp1

I don't want to sound like a whiner but I am 15 and I didn't see where it cost diamonds to claim the reindeer. I used what few diamonds I had to get reindeer so I could get the great prizes. For me i wish I would have never played the winter event. I got a train all the way up to the last level. I am greatfull for getting the train. So I am out around $20 in diamonds that I used to get stars and pay to negotiate for the Winter event stars. Looks like you live and learn in life. I just wish it was a little clearer as to what was required to get the final reindeer sleigh prize. Thanks all. I LOVE America GO NAVY/MARINES
First, [REDACTED because was annoyed when writing]

Second, you didn't have to spend any diamonds to get the train in the event. If you followed the questline and logged in daily, you would get enough stars/tickets to get all the upgrades needed. Next event, plan ahead and get ready for various quests (the fan wiki has a list of the quests for events) and you'll do great!

pay to play at it's best!!!! if i have to pay diamonds to get the sleigh stuff you people suck!!!!
So... you won free stuff... to get reindeer that means you won daily specials, getting stuff you wanted... and now you are mad because to get extra prizes you have to pay? It's like getting a free game of bowling and then getting mad because you have to pay for the second.

DeletedUser15014

So, how do you get train cars without spending diamonds? So far I’ve only seen cars supposedly “won” by collecting reindeer.

DeletedUser

So, how do you get train cars without spending diamonds? So far I’ve only seen cars supposedly “won” by collecting reindeer.
The cars have been coming up as Daily Specials. If you open presents on the days that train cars are the Daily Special, you have a chance of getting them.

DevaCat

Sir Tazzy got a leveled up train (well done!), the diamonds he spent were on chasing reindeer so he could fill up the sleigh with goodies. He just missed the fine print @vger mentioned that says he needed to spend more to get them once it was filled. A lot of people seem to have missed it. Heck, I'm older than vger and almost all of it looks like fine print ;), but for any offer I look for the catch before I bite. I will bet Sir Tazzy will do the same moving forward. That's 20 bucks well spent now to avoid making that kind of mistake later on when a lot more could be on the line.

The Lady Redneck

I used to be FTP until recently. Now I will buy Diamonds very occasionally. Mainly to get that last BP needed that never comes, to complete a set. Or if I need one or 2 of a particular good to negotiate a sector in the continent map when I know I cannot battle it. Also have been in and out of hospital a lot over the past few months so buying some diamonds to get a few extras kinda cheered me up when I was lying there tethered to a drip.

So I have no objection to INNO adding a little something to an Event that benefits those who do spend a lot of cash on the game which allows the company to make the profit that enables them to continue to develop the game. Even though some of the stuff drives me nuts :eek::rolleyes:o_O

DeletedUser28753

From now on this game cannot be advertised as being a free game since we have to pay to get prices coming from play action and not from buying diamonds or anything else sold by Inno.
Usually, special offers are done occasionally by Inno for those wanting extras for money and these are not part of the game.
Reindeers are fully part of the game and when I saw them I thought than once we had them all they would be offered for free to everybody.:mad::(

Vger

From now on this game cannot be advertised as being a free game since we have to pay to get prices coming from play action and not from buying diamonds or anything else sold by Inno.
Well, that's weird. I've always been an F2P player, and don't plan on changing.
I liked the 2018 winter event. Got a fully upgraded winter spire. And I won some useful daily specials. All for free.
I liked this years event better. I got a fully upgraded train with 4 cars. And I won some useful daily specials. All for free.
This year they added the reindeer. It lets you get even more good stuff. But not for free. But INNO made it more than clear that it wasn't free.
So you got as much free stuff as you got last year. Actually, I think you got more. And you got pitched a sales gimmick to try to get you to want more.

I'm pretty sure it's OK to claim being F2P, but still pitch a sales gimmick in the hopes that some will spend real money.
Sorry you aren't getting the same joy out of it.

RazorbackPirate

I am in shock at the price for the reindeer . There's no way I'd pay 2,995 diamonds. That's insane!
I would agree with you on this. Even with enough free diamonds, I just didn't see the value. However, I also know I'm not the target demographic for this offer.

Even though I didn't buy, I did like having Santa's sleigh and reindeer visit my city during the event. Especially after all 9 reindeer were collected and they all, even Rudolph and his shiny red nose, came 'alive'. A free, fun little Christmas decoration for my city to enjoy, no space needed.
Too rich for my blood as well, but I would like to thank everybody who believed otherwise!
Indeed. Happy to have them spend so I can continue to play for free.

Last edited:

Algona

Learn to read.

Why is it cheapskates, err, sorry, freeloaders, umm, I mean F2Pers whine so fricking much about INNO making offers to their cash customers?

I've played five years and never paid a cent. So yeah, I am a cheapskate, freeloading F2Per also and just want to tell you that you make my teeth ache with your stupid whining about a non-topic that results from you not being able to read.

Also, if you're going to give really stupid feedback, maybe you could at least figure out to post it in the official Feedback thread so at least there is a chance someone form INNO might read it and laugh their ass off at you? That way at least there is some value to that pile of drivel you posted.

Aurora Jolene

Well that was disappointing! I assumed that the diamonds for the reindeer was just to buy it before the event was over and we would get it when the event ended. Oh well.
Anyway I wanted to ask what does INNO mean? I assume it is the developers but I'd like to know what it really means.
And what does FTP mean?
Thanks!

DeletedUser37581

Well that was disappointing! I assumed that the diamonds for the reindeer was just to buy it before the event was over and we would get it when the event ended. Oh well.
Anyway I wanted to ask what does INNO mean? I assume it is the developers but I'd like to know what it really means.
And what does FTP mean?
Thanks!
INNO (or Inno) refers to the company that produces Forge of Empires - InnoGames.

FTP (or F2P) means Free to Play.

Mustapha00

I didn't spend Diamonds to buy the prizes from collecting Reindeer.

If I had been given the option to select which prizes I wanted from the Dailies I had collected (especially if I could have chosen certain ones more than once), I think I might have.

Aurora Jolene

WHY??????

Because when I started the game during the winter event and didn't read anything about how it worked. So idk why but I just assumed we would get them at the end. I guess from other games? It sucks though because I "worked" really hard to get the reindeer and since I just started I only had like 20 diamonds and I wasn't about to pay $50 (or any amount) to get them lol. I'm a FTP.