• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Claiming Reindeer in the Winter Event

Agent327

Because when I started the game during the winter event and didn't read anything about how it worked. So idk why but I just assumed we would get them at the end. I guess from other games? It sucks though because I "worked" really hard to get the reindeer and since I just started I only had like 20 diamonds and I wasn't about to pay $50 (or any amount) to get them lol. I'm a FTP.

You "worked" really hard????

All you had to do to get them was opening presents. Something you would have done anyhow, or did you not want to spend those stars?

Aurora Jolene

No, you worked really hard to get the daily specials. The reindeer were free.
You "worked" really hard????

All you had to do to get them was opening presents. Something you would have done anyhow, or did you not want to spend those stars?

What I mean was I worked really hard on the quest things to get more stars then I had make sure once I got a reindeer I stopped using the stars until the special reset the next day.

Agent327

What I mean was I worked really hard on the quest things to get more stars then I had make sure once I got a reindeer I stopped using the stars until the special reset the next day.

So basically you were clueless about the whole concept and you wasted your stars. You only have yourself for that to blame/

RazorbackPirate

Because when I started the game during the winter event and didn't read anything about how it worked. So idk why but I just assumed we would get them at the end. I guess from other games? It sucks though because I "worked" really hard to get the reindeer and since I just started I only had like 20 diamonds and I wasn't about to pay $50 (or any amount) to get them lol. I'm a FTP.
There was no work involved to get the reindeer, you got a reindeer with each Daily Special earned. As always, you got the Daily Special for free, with the addition of a reindeer prize added to the sleigh available for purchase. If you were chasing reindeer and not daily specials, then you completely missed it.

I first started my cities in the middle of an event as well. I barely had a clue how to play the game, no clue how to maximize an event. It took 3 events before I was able to consistently get a fully upgraded main prize, a couple more before I could do that and get an abundance, RNG willing, of daily specials.

Since then, with Inno including the previous year's main prize and upgrades as daily specials, and the Antiques Dealer offering them afterward, I've been able to fully upgrade those early prizes, and in a few cases, even get a second or third one.

I'm also F2P, nothing to lol about. While I'm glad they allow me to P4F, they're the one's that get my lolz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurora Jolene

There was no work involved to get the reindeer, you got a reindeer with each Daily Special earned. As always, you got the Daily Special for free, with the addition of a reindeer prize added to the sleigh available for purchase. If you were chasing reindeer and not daily specials, then you completely missed it.

I first started my cities in the middle of an event as well. I barely had a clue how to play the game, no clue how to maximize an event. It took 3 events before I was able to consistently get a fully upgraded main prize, a couple more before I could do that and get an abundance, RNG willing, of daily specials.

Since then, with Inno including the previous year's main prize and upgrades as daily specials, and the Antiques Dealer offering them afterward, I've been able to fully upgrade those early prizes, and in a few cases, even get a second or third one.

I'm also F2P, nothing to lol about. While I'm glad they allow me to P4F, they're the one's that get my lolz.

Also, ignore @Agent327. In all his years of posting, he's yet to figure out how to create one that doesn't sound like he's gleefully pissing in your corn flakes. Just ignore him. Like in the game, there's a tool to ignore tools.

Haha thank you so much. That was helpful and hopeful. I was starting to think everyone on the forums where mean! Hopefully I can maximize the game/events soon!

RazorbackPirate

Hopefully I can maximize the game/events soon!
As soon as the next event is announced, head here for the latest scuttlebutt on it. Folks who've completes the event on Beta will typically share any tips they have too ensure we get the main prize without spending diamonds. The biggest keys are focus, patience

Welcome to the forum and the game.