• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Claiming Reindeer in the Winter Event

DeletedUser40996

You miss the point!

He's not missing the point you are . You don't want to buy the reindeer then don't buy them . It's not there for the FTP players

INNO has geared this prize for Diamond players only. non-diamond players work to get everything but have to buy diamonds to collect the prize.
They don't have to buy diamonds . There's plenty of ways within the game itself that players can EARN diamonds

That is why it is unfair. Greed has force INNO to put a price on getting a set of prizes after a player completes all the steps. Where is the fun in that?

It's not unfair just because you think it is as it's not targeted for FTP players anyway it's targeted towards those that regularly spend diamonds anyway

So no I will not want to spend the Diamonds and I think many players will start to think about not playing because a too high of price is being put on getting prizes instead of game play.

I have played this game for many years and I have played others games where forcing players to spend money to buy more things ends up driving players way.
Nobody has a gun to your head saying to buy them . I'm sure for everyone complaining that they're not "free" there's at least 1 player that's buying them and not complaining as they understood that they were there simply as a "bonus" if you wanted to spend the diamonds

RazorbackPirate

I'm an FTP player and if I choose to buy the reindeer collection they will be free for me as well. Between my 2 cities, I'm currently sitting on 6K of free diamonds, more than enough to but the reindeer in each city. I likely won't because I don;t really need any of the junk in the collection. The only thing that would make me spend the free diamonds is multiple cars in a single set. So far, that's not happened and likely won't.

I don;t need the free reindeer if there's not enough stuff of value in the collection. No different than if I were spending money, money.

Graviton

non-diamond players work to get everything but have to buy diamonds to collect the prize. That is why it is unfair.

You didn't do anything extra to get the reindeer, that work was towards the daily prize. The daily prize comes with a free reindeer. That's the point that you're missing.

I have played this game for many years and I have played others games where forcing players to spend money to buy more things ends up driving players way.

The use of the word "force" here misunderstands the concept. You are forced to do exactly nothing. A diligent player can complete the Event and win a fully upgraded train with several cars for zero diamonds. Spend 'em if you want, or don't, but they aren't needed. That's called choice, precisely the opposite of force.

I want to personally thank all of you who are spending real dollars on this game. God bless you and Merry Christmas from a free player!

DeletedUser

You miss the point!
This is ironic, because...
Greed has force INNO to put a price on getting a set of prizes after a player completes all the steps.
...you have missed the point. You haven't completed any steps to get the reindeer. They came along with the actual prize for free. No work involved at all in getting the reindeer. And the reindeer aren't really a prize, they could be considered a key. A key to unlocking a buying offer. Nine items for 2995 Diamonds. Not really any different than the occasional offers we all get. Except that you could consider that only players who actively play the majority of the event will even get the whole offer. (And I pity the poor player who buys less than 9 items for 2995 Diamonds.)

Algona

I have played this game for many years

For some reason I get the vibe that you misuse 'many' the same way you misuse 'fair' 'work' 'forcing'.

My Guess? You got 2 years +/- 6 months in game. Leastwise based on RP, GBs, and attitude. If it's over 3 years your problems with this game go a lot deeper then INNO offering to sell you something at a price you don't like.

My recommendation to you is quit using the forum strictly to piss and moan and try reading the official Announcements so you will know what is going on.

But keep a dictionary app open, those crazy Germans apparently have a better understanding of common English words then you do.

Agent327

You miss the point!
INNO has geared this prize for Diamond players only. non-diamond players work to get everything but have to buy diamonds to collect the prize. That is why it is unfair. Greed has force INNO to put a price on getting a set of prizes after a player completes all the steps. Where is the fun in that?

You don't work for it. Reinder come free with the daily prize. You have nothing to do for them that you wouldn't do anyhow.

So no I will not want to spend the Diamonds and I think many players will start to think about not playing because a too high of price is being put on getting prizes instead of game play.

And for that you want to stop play? Not like this is the first offer ever, so why are you still playing?

Who is forcing you? Ever heard of ignoring an offer?

DeletedUser23669

I don't have a problem with Inno trying to sell more diamonds.
My issue in this event is that in all the years playing this game, spending diamonds to save time on finishing things was a standard option everywhere.
There is a diamond cost stated at the beginning and it goes down to 0 when you have finished all the requirements. This is the structure of the game we have all been using for years
This is the first time in all these years that I have seen a diamond cost that didn't drop to 0 as the requirements were fulfilled and I kept thinking it was a glitch that would be cleared up as time went on.
If it were a purely extra feature and described as such up front - not just a diamond counter that everyone expects to drop as it filled up - there would be no issue, but the slot in the gift array for the reindeer sleigh is taking a place that otherwise would be a part of the event rewards, replacing it with a reward that is not a reward - and steering players into a strategy based on thinking it is a reward.

RazorbackPirate

I don't have a problem with Inno trying to sell more diamonds.
My issue in this event is that in all the years playing this game, spending diamonds to save time on finishing things was a standard option everywhere.
There is a diamond cost stated at the beginning and it goes down to 0 when you have finished all the requirements. This is the structure of the game we have all been using for years
This is the first time in all these years that I have seen a diamond cost that didn't drop to 0 as the requirements were fulfilled and I kept thinking it was a glitch that would be cleared up as time went on.
If it were a purely extra feature and described as such up front - not just a diamond counter that everyone expects to drop as it filled up - there would be no issue, but the slot in the gift array for the reindeer sleigh is taking a place that otherwise would be a part of the event rewards, replacing it with a reward that is not a reward - and steering players into a strategy based on thinking it is a reward.
No wonder some people have such push back. They have no clear understanding of anything and will paste together any convoluted logic to justify getting for free what others are willing to pay for.

If you've been playing the game for 'all these years' and still can't figure out that every event offers stuff for people to spend diamonds for it, then I question your playing time.

There is no present that gives a reindeer substituting any other present. You get a reindeer with each Daily Special won. Something extra on top of what we got in years past for us to consider buying. More reindeer increases the value of the collection making a full collection of nine a better deal than a partial collection of 5.

Pretty much everything about your premise and understanding of the reindeer collection is completely wrong. Totally wrong. No wonder you're having problems with it.

Vger

If it were a purely extra feature and described as such up front...

How could they have described it any more clearly up front than what was in the announcement? Do you have a suggestion for how to make this even more up front for the next time?

From the announcement (bolding mine):

Speaking of the Daily Special, we've got a surprise in store for everyone in this year's event. When you uncover a Daily Special, not only do you receive the prize itself and a ticket for your train, but you also find one of the lost reindeer! Once you have found your first Reindeer you can unlock your sleigh at any time for Diamonds, and claim its items! Help return all the reindeer to their sleigh. Each reindeer can be unlocked separately but to get yourself a better deal, collect all 9 reindeer to fill your sleigh first:

ReindeerCollectionNew7of9.png

Once you've claimed your Reindeer collection, you'll be given the chance to start a whole new collection and receive a new set of rewards.

The cost to collect the Reindeer Collection is 2995 Diamonds. You can collect it after finding at least one Reindeer, but if you want to get a better deal, you can find up to 9 Reindeer alongside your Daily Specials before collecting. Also, the prizes in the collection aren't set, so will be different for everyone, and can change on subsequent collections.

DeletedUser

9 prizes guarenteed as opposed to buying 3k worth of stars and getting less than 9
Though, spending 3 K diamonds on stars for several desirable DS would be better value. At the cost of 2995 diamonds, I'd rather have 5 useful prizes then 1 useful and 8 useless ones. And in all 4 worlds I paly, only 1, ax 2, of the 9 prizes in the reindeer set is worth having.

DeletedUser40996

Though, spending 3 K diamonds on stars for several desirable DS would be better value. At the cost of 2995 diamonds, I'd rather have 5 useful prizes then 1 useful and 8 useless ones. And in all 4 worlds I paly, only 1, ax 2, of the 9 prizes in the reindeer set is worth having.
Except you're not guarenteed to hit the DS if you bought Stars with Diamonds you are guarenteed the 9 reindeer prizes however .

DeletedUser23116

Wow. A lot of sarcasm over stating ones opinion. My opinion is the usage of words. I was confused about the word “claim”. If you collect all of the reindeer, seems to me that you “earned” the prizes, then you claim them. However, although you collected the reindeer, and the prizes are in the sleigh, but you pay diamonds for them, it’s not claiming, it’s purchasing. Seems like a funny way to give a chance to purchase extra prizes. In my opinion, not worth the diamonds. I’ll just take my chances on what I’ve won by playing the game and leave the rest to those who wish to spend their diamonds.

Vger

I was confused about the word “claim”. If you collect all of the reindeer, seems to me that you “earned” the prizes, then you claim them.
What confused you? The word "claim" was in the announcement exactly twice:
"Once you have found your first Reindeer you can unlock your sleigh at any time for Diamonds, and claim its items! "

"Once you've claimed your Reindeer collection, you'll be given the chance to start a whole new collection and receive a new set of rewards.
The cost to collect the Reindeer Collection is 2995 Diamonds"

I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, although maybe it sounds that way. I'm just trying to understand what is needed here to make this clearer next time around.
What words should INNO use in the next announcement? If "Claim" means "Earned", then what other word should they have used here?

MaranKarma

If you collected the reindeer, you already got 1 of each prize when you got each one. As, in my opinion, the prizes were great for free play, but not worth spending diamonds on. So I am just enjoying the reindeer and sleigh as a free holiday decoration that I don't have to use space for.

DeletedUser40996

If you collected the reindeer, you already got 1 of each prize when you got each one. As, in my opinion, the prizes were great for free play, but not worth spending diamonds on. So I am just enjoying the reindeer and sleigh as a free holiday decoration that I don't have to use space for.
Not exactly . What you got were whatever Daily Special was when you got the reindeer because things like Goods / FP's / Train upgrades aren't DS but can be bought with the Reindeer

DeletedUser42156

I thought the reindeer were an extra bonus and of you had the patience to wait to claim all 9 at the same time you would get an extra prize besides the 9 items. Personally I can't afford to buy diamonds I love playing F.O.E. and have a city 2 years+ In the making, anyway when I finally had the 9 spots filled and then went on to claim the prizes I really was disappointed and confused that I had to pay for something I already earned.

qaccy

Ignore the reindeer completely and the 2019 winter event is basically the same as previous events. That is, you play all the way through to get the main prize fully upgraded, collect a few prizes along the way, and have the option of spending diamonds to acquire more.

This thread in a nutshell is people not understanding that the reindeer are strictly an optional bonus and don't factor into the event balancing in any way. Hah! Imagine if it did. Inno could have gotten rid of grand prizes completely and made the reindeer selection the only way to get train upgrades. Now THAT would have been something fun to complain about!

Algona

Starting to wonder if I need to take a refresher course in vocabulary.

This thread is littered with folk who can;t seem to comprehend simple English and apparently don't know what specific words mean.

'earned' 'sarcasm' 'steering' ;many' 'fair' 'work' 'forcing' 'rip-off' 'opinion'

Hmmm. Nine words. Nine Reindeer. This can mean only one thing.

With apologies to B. Ives.

There was ''rip-off' and 'many', 'earned' and 'steering'
'opinion' and 'work', ''many' and 'forcing'

But do you recall, the most misused forum word of them all?

'Fair', the most misused forum word, gets thrown around a lot
every time a pissed off poster doesn't put in any thought.

All of the other misused forum words always sit around and pout
because 'fair' the most misused forum word never gets left out.

During another Winter Event, the entitled posters came to say
"INNO offered us a deal, it's not fair!" they all did squeal.

Then all of the other misused forum words said with much envy
"'Fair' the most misused forum word, your the poster child for illiteracy."

DeletedUser40996

Starting to wonder if I need to take a refresher course in vocabulary.

This thread is littered with folk who can;t seem to comprehend simple English and apparently don't know what specific words mean.

'earned' 'sarcasm' 'steering' ;many' 'fair' 'work' 'forcing' 'rip-off' 'opinion'

Hmmm. Nine words. Nine Reindeer. This can mean only one thing.

With apologies to B. Ives.

There was ''rip-off' and 'many', 'earned' and 'steering'
'opinion' and 'work', ''many' and 'forcing'

But do you recall, the most misused forum word of them all?

'Fair', the most misused forum word, gets thrown around a lot
every time a pissed off poster doesn't put in any thought.

All of the other misused forum words always sit around and pout
because 'fair' the most misused forum word never gets left out.

During another Winter Event, the entitled posters came to say
"INNO offered us a deal, it's not fair!" they all did squeal.

Then all of the other misused forum words said with much envy
"'Fair' the most misused forum word, your the poster child for illiteracy."
Thanks for the laughs ;)

DeletedUser35578

Once the point of collecting all 9 reindeer if it will cost you 2995 diamonds to claim your prizes, that is a rip-off
I agree, I have spent thousands on this game, when is enough, enough? Not worth the 3000 diamonds.