C'mon already guys this is ridiculous!

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by diamonddave, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamonddave

diamonddave Active Member

We've all been patient with JSON and understand that Innogames may have taken on more than its servers can handle with all the changes, but this needs to get done! If you can't make it work, you need to go back to what did, period. Simply the battle map/units again, remove the city structures that are creating havoc, just do whatever you gotta do.

The latest merge has put me in the top hood on Brisgard, with many high premium players who just spent small fortunes on the wheel to fortify their city, many of whom also likely had a couple months head start on me. Am I complaining about this----no, I quite welcome the new challenge.

However, I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL MY UNITS. Period. The AI will simply attack the rogues who can't attack me for 3 turns anyway and just turn them into tanks which can. It does lots of things that don't make sense strategically. JSON pops up an average of 5 times per battle, simply making players try a few times until they give up and just click auto-attack results. We try to fight, but it simply doesn't work. When the new neighbors have a 400% bonus to their defense due to a hundred watchfires, whats really the point if we CANNOT CONTROL THE UNITS???

I've tried to exercise patience when I see the rants on these forums, but C'mon guys! Lets get this done already. Whatever you gotta do, just do it! I welcome the challenge, but we have to have the chance and be given the opportunity to try our own strategy. The game was once possible to compete somewhat with the spenders, but now we are punished for successful strategy in city planning, and simply not allowed to control our military within any realistic time frame. If you cannot fix this, whats the point?

2. draygourn

draygourn Member

Normally I just shrugged it off, but today is totally unplayable I even resort to come to forum.

3. LandenLee

LandenLee Member

The day I walk into a neighborhood with that many watchfire's, i'm quiting.. lol

There should be a limit for watchfires in cities/empires. I understand "its their money, they purchased it." but it also is lame and makes the game totally uneven. So.. hopefully I wont see any of those players.

JSON on the other hand.. sucks!! Needs to be addressed. Why aren't there any official statements from the "DEVS" or whomever is in charge? Let the masses know you're aware of it and are trying to fix it. Everyone (non-paying players to Paying players, such as myself) does not want to see a forum mod say, "They're aware." I'd like to know someone up above it doing something to fix this problem.

Remember.. it's the players who keep games like this one alive and well. Treat them with respect and address them.

4. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Well-Known Member

The OPs main point, which I agree with, is that the game is starting to become unplayable and something needs to be done about it.

As for the hundred watchfires providing 400% defense, that sounds like a heck of a lot, and it is, but it can still be overcome. Damage dealt is determined by the ratio of attack to defense, and so something that gives +400% to defense will cut damage taken to 1/5th of normal (x offense divided by y* (1+4) defense = 1/5 x/y). However, if the attacker has, say, +150% to attack and defense from all 3 offensive great buildings being maxed, this will result in him dealing damage equal to x * (1+1.5) / y *(1+4) = (2.5/5) * (x/y) = 1/2 (x/y) which is 1/2 of the damage that would be dealt if there were no watchfires or great buildings, and the attacker would take damage equal to y / x *(1+1.5) = 1/2.5 * (y/x) or 2/5 of the damage that would occur if there were no watchfires or great buildings. In other words, assuming the units were roughly equal, the attacker would still have an advantage. Mind you, if the defender also had maxed out defensive great buildings then the defender will most likely win.

5. LandenLee

LandenLee Member

What did you just call me?

6. gwalchmai

I didn't call you anything. I called diamonddave the Original Poster (OP).

7. diamonddave

diamonddave Active Member

I think the point of the thread is missed here---its simply that we have to have some control to exercise a strategy to compete---we don't have this anymore with overloaded servers and the JSON issues.

I don't think there should be a limit to anything. If you want to spend the diamonds, I don't really care if someone has 750 watchfires, every GB at level 10 instantly from sticks, and a whole city of Kings, premium supply, and 30 military buildings. Thats what keeps this game funded and allows us to play for free.

In ages past Innogames has been able to balance this, and truly if you put in the time you could actually compete (somewhat) with large diamond spenders. With the new merge system and the complete inability to control units realistically, this has been taken away from us. You are simply punished for doing well and moved into hoods with players who heal everything instantly and cannot control the units= the stronger army wins period, and there is nothing in your power to change this.

Everyone just hits auto attack--results. Overwise it might take more than 24 hours to battle the entire hood, lol. You guys misunderstand, I'm not complaining about their defenses--There just isn't any way to compete on any level anymore, it takes the better part of an hour sometimes to complete one single battle on the PA map without auto-attack. The competition just auto-attack, heal, auto attack, heal, etc. This is a problem-- the little bit of strategy has been removed. There is zero anymore. I just don't see the point.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  8. miked56

miked56 Guest

json gatewy

cmon people i got server errors and no json gateway 8 times in a 1 hour period, this is getting ridiculous

9. fobby1980

fobby1980 Guest

I would kill for 8 times in an hour. 8 times every ten minute or so is more like it for me

10. gwalchmai

8 times every 10 minutes? Luxury! Why when I play the game it occurs at least 8 times a minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

11. LandenLee

LandenLee Member

Was joking.. with all that math, I blacked out.

12. Truelaw

Truelaw Member

Not only do they screw up merges and have JSON errors that last a month, but now they want to launch another whole world on the US servers. My message to you InnoGames, don't bother. You are well on your way to chasing away all of the customers you have now, you'll have plenty of room on the current servers as the people who have quit go inactive. To the extent there is any current filled space, it is due to the many diamond purchasers who have already given up on the game and are effectively inactive, even if you won't delete or hibernate their accounts. Shame on you.

13. Rhidasglein

Rhidasglein Active Member

There are more active accounts today than there were a month ago. If the problem is related to server capacity, as has been suggested by some here, adding another server is an ideal way to help.

14. BEdaGOAT

BEdaGOAT Guest

You are assuming they are adding it to new hardware instead of simpy adding a new World to the existing Hardware.

15. Rhidasglein

Rhidasglein Active Member

The current servers are all separate physical machines, there is no reason why the new server will not also be a separate physical machine.

16. Megamieuwsel

Megamieuwsel Guest

...and still be riddled with JSON-errors as that one's not in the specific servers, but in the one connecting them all....

17. fobby1980

fobby1980 Guest

Now don't be so pessimistic. I noticed JSON has been happening less frequently the last couple of days, so maybe, just maybe things are starting to turn around. Crossing my fingers

18. Megamieuwsel

Megamieuwsel Guest

Of course you may be optimistic; I'm not the one to deny people their errors.(I have to have something to rub into their noses after all...)

However; the JSON-issue seems pretty cut&dried to me: The router software contains a vulnerabillity that (under normal circumstances) should not be triggered.
    However, with the advent of Progressive Age, and most noticably: the ridiculously lagging battle-map, something slipped into the game-code that triggered the aforementioned vulnerabillity.
    And the over-paid monkeys, trained to click icons in a FLASH-environment simply lack the skills or even the wits to handle it properly.

A REAL coder would've fied it in two days tops.
    But real coders are hard to find these days...

19. gwalchmai

Maybe. I've noticed that I usually get my first errors around 7 PM EST, so that's when I pack it in for the night. Maybe a lot of other people do the same thing.

20. Truelaw

Truelaw Member

Ah so adding a new world takes away traffic from current worlds? How does it do that? People quit the current world and start all over again? Transfer your already built city to a brand new world? Hey they could do super merges where they take players from one world and merge them with players in other worlds (no FoE I am not "asking" for this like you think we did for the screwed up merging system you have now). No, a new world won't help they just see the cash starting to dwindle as we don't pay for JSON errors and they think a new world with it's diamond contest to get to the top will lead to a cash infusion. However with the diamond payers all rushing to the top to get merged into the same neighborhood so unless you are the VERY top, you end up low in your hood after spending bunches of money you are cheated. Go ahead if you want, but no thanks here. Not while they add new features and worlds to a game that is fundamentally broken in some way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.